What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is an inclusive forum and laughing about violence against women is not ok.

A lot of people would have reported it already.

Anyway as you won’t clean it up, you are risking your forum life.

The mods on our west tigers forum would have deleted it by now.

soc123_au

Staff member
Very sad

I honestly thought you’d make a stand and defend women. I’ve clearly misjudged you.
My original post had nothing to do with women. It was about your anti Penrith bs for the past 2 years. My only comment on violence against women was regarding censorship of a nearly 50 year old clip of an interview.

I have spent plenty of time defending you in the past, but if you want to twist my posts to imply I have let down the female members of my family and women in general you can go f**k yourself.

roofromoz

First Grade
the rule is pretty clear that if you don’t deliverately play at a kick it’s not considered to be off you last as well mate.

even Gould was happy to admit that it was the correct rule…. But just decided the rule was wrong

Let go of it pretty quickly though... 😒

My original post had nothing to do with women. It was about your anti Penrith bs for the past 2 years. My only comment on violence against women was regarding censorship of a nearly 50 year old clip of an interview.

I have spent plenty of time defending you in the past, but if you want to twist my posts to imply I have let down the female members of my family and women in general you can go f**k yourself.
I’ve said many nice things about you too.

Courage socky, it’s not too late to join me and tell ghosty we dont subscribe to this crap.

Nothing to do with movies etc.

skeepe

Immortal
Plenty of praise being given for the way the Panthers stifled the start of Souths sets, and for how much more time Cleary had for his kicks.

What that praise fails to mention is the nefarious means with which both of these were achieved.

Penrith were only able to suffocate Souths early in sets because they were constantly holding down far longer on the tackle after a kick than at any other play. If you watch it again you’ll see what I mean. They were banking on a combination of the referee not having the nerve to call a set restart every time - even though it was thoroughly deserved - and the fact that a set restart on tackle 1 is barely a punishment at all. The NRL simply MUST fix this in the off-season, it’s completely against the spirit of the game.

Secondly, Cleary was only afforded so much time to kick because of the ridiculous and much talked about blockers at the play the ball on tackle 5. This, too, is completely against the spirit of the game and the NRL simply MUST rectify it before 2022 kicks off.

Quite frankly, any analysis of the grand final that doesn’t include the above points - and the deleterious effects of such negative play being rewarded - is one-eyed nonsense written by morons.

MrBlack

Juniors
Plenty of praise being given for the way the Panthers stifled the start of Souths sets, and for how much more time Cleary had for his kicks.

What that praise fails to mention is the nefarious means with which both of these were achieved.

Penrith were only able to suffocate Souths early in sets because they were constantly holding down far longer on the tackle after a kick than at any other play. If you watch it again you’ll see what I mean. They were banking on a combination of the referee not having the nerve to call a set restart every time - even though it was thoroughly deserved - and the fact that a set restart on tackle 1 is barely a punishment at all. The NRL simply MUST fix this in the off-season, it’s completely against the spirit of the game.

Secondly, Cleary was only afforded so much time to kick because of the ridiculous and much talked about blockers at the play the ball on tackle 5. This, too, is completely against the spirit of the game and the NRL simply MUST rectify it before 2022 kicks off.

Quite frankly, any analysis of the grand final that doesn’t include the above points - and the deleterious effects of such negative play being rewarded - is one-eyed nonsense written by morons.
That and the sour grapes you consume when your team’s premiership window is slammed shut.

The_Frog

First Grade

That's not nefarious. Winning the 1990 premiership by cheating the cap, now that's nefarious.

soc123_au

Staff member

It took you all day to come up with that? It's been a long season and you deserve a rest, but don't let this be your crowning glory. Finish the year off with some style.

The Realist

Juniors
So many bad sports from the Panthers these days.

Running around the forum trying to flash their whizzers at people and then getting angry and upset when we turn away.

Its a pity the more conscious of the panther fans are stuck with these moronic inbred flogs with minds of fungus.

Souths posed far more threat to themselves than the Panthers ever offered. That’s simply not in dispute.

They got extremely lucky and can’t admit it.

I usually don’t mind your contributions in the Panthers section and have even agreed with you on occasion.

However you are starting to get on my nerves. Your hate is almost irrational. Did Ivan happen to blow you a kiss?

I usually don’t mind your contributions in the Panthers section and have even agreed with you on occasion.

However you are starting to get on my nerves. Your hate is almost irrational. Did Ivan happen to blow you a kiss?
I wasn’t talking about all panther fans.

May’s ugly reference to his court case, featuring a picture of Ivan in support brings significant harm to your club and the entire game into disrepute.

His bone headed mates cheering him on, reminded me of Haynes crew of miscreant flogs. There they were, grunting and snarling at the rape victim as she got into her car. Great look for the game wasn’t it?

I’m pretty tired of this savage, pernicious and inhumane view of women and I think Mays Instagram post clearly illustrates his entire lack of remorse for his sickly crimes of perversion, his utter contempt for women, his undeserved arrogance and his grand delusion that he is anything other than a complete and utter officially licenced f**kwit.

I’m not resiling, I’m not stepping back, that’s my honest opinion.

If that makes me the most hated person on LU, then so be it. In this context, that would be an honour.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I wasn’t talking about all panther fans.

May’s ugly reference to his court case, featuring a picture of Ivan in support brings significant harm to your club and the entire game into disrepute.

His bone headed mates cheering him on, reminded me of Haynes crew of miscreant flogs. There they were, grunting and snarling at rape victim as she got into her car. Great look for the game wasn’t it?

I’m pretty tired of this pernicious and inhumane view of women and I think Mays Instagram post clearly illustrates his entire lack of remorse for his sickly crimes of perversion, his utter contempt for women, his undeserved arrogance and his grand delusion that he is anything other than a complete and utter f**kwit.

I’m not resiling, I’m not stepping back, that’s my honest opinion.

If that makes me the most hated person on LU, then so be it. In this context, that would be an honour.
I dont think many will disagree with most of your thoughts regarding May. However I'm pretty sure there is a thread already in the NRL section on that subject. May's off field shit has f**k all to do with last nights game.