What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Tigerm

First Grade
But the WT will all fall for Flanagans his charisma and knowledge etc ....you can see it when he talks on tv and when under pressure etc …He would never have nothing to say at a press conference, after a bad bad loss like Madge did. He would never end up in that pathetic position anyway

This is also a job interview for Flanagan..WT are killing 2 birds with one stone. Brilliant . Pascoe will be listening and watching closely and he will like what he sees…and he will end up in the palm of Flanagan hand..Pascoe gets sucked in with shit coaches. Flanagan will have him dope faced..
imo
Agree, if it works, he could be the next coach, but Madge has 2 years to go, unless it falls apart, I just don’t see them changing and giving him a huge payout?

Besides, if does fall apart, will be interesting to know who is at fault, Madge, the assistants or Sheens? Bearing in mind, that our failures have been going on longer before Madge arrived.

Agree, if it works, he could be the next coach, but Madge has 2 years to go, unless it falls apart, I just don’t see them changing and giving him a huge payout?

Besides, if does fall apart, will be interesting to know who is at fault, Madge, the assistants or Sheens? Bearing in mind, that our failures have been going on longer before Madge arrived.
That interview with Lee by Chammas said a lot about what is going on upstairs.

Lee may be well intended and successful at business or whatever, but I think he presents very poorly as the club chairman. He said he would step down if he didn’t think he could contribute. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m still waiting for this miracle.

That the chairman appears to want to hide the details as to who is ultimately responsibility for the football side ( Sheens v Madge) is simply not good enough for members who are desperately seeking some accountability.

Pascoe couldn’t do too much with it either.

Objectively speaking, Madge appeared to be the only senior member of staff who came out of it with integrity intact, even if his performance as coach was lacklustre at best.

I’ve said it before, but I like this personal distance and aura he retains following the investigation because the players can rely on his character. Hopefully he can improve performances.

Gus said he has a chat to him every week or so. He also rubbished the review. To his credit.

Tigerm

First Grade

Lee may be well intended and successful at business or whatever, but I think he presents very poorly as the club chairman. He said he would step down if he didn’t think he could contribute. I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m still waiting for this miracle.

That the chairman appears to want to hide the details as to who is ultimately responsibility for the football side ( Sheens v Madge) is simply not good enough for members who are desperately seeking some accountability.

Objectively speaking, Madge appeared to be the only senior member of staff who came out of it with integrity intact, even if his performance as coach was lacklustre at best.

I’ve said it before, but I like this personal distance and aura he retains following the investigation because the players can rely on his character. Hopefully he can improve performances.

Gus said he has a chat to him every week or so. He also rubbished the review. To his credit.
The only thing I differ to this is, I just don’t believe the fault lies with Madge, for me, the players (most of the senior ones) didn’t turn up in nearly every game last season, I say this, because in some games they did, so they could do it if they wanted to.
If they say they didn’t like the coach, imo that’s bullshit, they are paid massive amounts of money to play a game, it’s just unfortunate that they cannot be removed quickly or easily.

Bennymack

Juniors

Where’s this new signing TSP?? At least give us a bit more info. I’m starting to doubt your credibility

Where’s this new signing TSP?? At least give us a bit more info. I’m starting to doubt your credibility
I’d have to say I’d rather have people doubt my credibility than betray the club or the players concerned at the moment.

Players are important assets.

The announcements will be made when the club is ready. These things are all stage managed.

I don’t want to dog on the club, even if they let us down. Us Wt fans need to keep up our own standards. We need to set an example to Lee and co as to what respect means.

None of the secret lads I have let into the matter here on LU are in favour of releasing the names. I can’t let them down either.

I appreciate your frustration, chill and all will be revealed in due course.

The Rosco

Bench
Abacus . . from someone that has been involved in logo's and branding for more than 20 years . . . the "coincidence" is that both our emblems are big cats.
That's where the similarity ends.
Nobody is trying to steal your logo. Your guys won a comp. don't get too far ahead of yourself. You didn't cure cancer.

Abacus

Juniors
Abacus . . from someone that has been involved in logo's and branding for more than 20 years . . . the "coincidence" is that both our emblems are big cats.
That's where the similarity ends.
Nobody is trying to steal your logo. Your guys won a comp. don't get too far ahead of yourself. You didn't cure cancer.
It's an old logo anyway... perhaps more reflective of your CEOs limited experience.

Vozzy

Juniors
Tigers have a meaningless awards night and Aids Face Rothfield writes 2 articles of unrest because Brooks won something over Doueihi and Melbourne Storm snort cocaine and there is one article.

The Rosco

Bench
No Vozzy . . . apparently it was a white looking, powdery-like substance that merely appeared to be cocaine they were snorting.
None of the players have a clue what it actually was.

Gee some journalist love the Tigers !

Tigers under fire​

Parents of many Wests Tigers juniors are up in arms over the way their kids have been treated by the club.

The Tigers have brought several new recruits in from Queensland, cutting local juniors in the SG Ball Cup and other grades as a result.

To make matters worse, the club announced the squads on grand final day last Sunday week, totally spoiling the big day for the kids that missed out.

"You talk about bad timing - couldn't they have waited a day before telling the kids whose dream it was to play for the Tigers that they are no longer wanted - my boy didn't even want to watch the grand final after that," one parent told me.