What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith from everyone’s second favourite club in 2003 to absolute hated club in 2021:

soc123_au

Staff member
I don't get the stuff about Luai...just comes across as a guy happy to be living his life to me...can't say the same for some others over there but cant understand what the issue is with him that i'm missing.
He is a bit of a merkin on the field with the niggle, but that's about it. There are plenty that are much worse with real grubby shit. It's become fashionable to bash all things Penrith, so people will pile on to whatever goes with the trend.

The May hate I can understand, I and most other Panthers fans would be quite happy if he f**ked off to England to be never seen again. The rest is just hand wringing for the sake of it.

Das Hassler

Bench
The niggle i haven't really noticed and who cares anyway. ..you give what you get and vis versa ...attitude towards the panthers is probably part of it but reading some of the comments i suspect he'd be disliked by a good many no matter who he played for.

ACTPanthers

Bench
He is a bit of a merkin on the field with the niggle, but that's about it. There are plenty that are much worse with real grubby shit. It's become fashionable to bash all things Penrith, so people will pile on to whatever goes with the trend.

The May hate I can understand, I and most other Panthers fans would be quite happy if he f**ked off to England to be never seen again. The rest is just hand wringing for the sake of it.
This ^

May is a merkin, end of story - Anyone defending him is only doing so because he's in a Panthers jersey - If he were on any other team, I guarantee the posters defending him would be all over it calling him a disgrace and all of that.

The trophy thing, yeah it's a not a good look and I would've preferred it not to happen, but it did, we'll have to pay up to get it fixed. What gets me is the backlash about Kiks singing a f**king song... Thin skinned children (Souffs fans) are throwing tantrums over that and it's a massive overreaction.

soc123_au

Staff member
This ^

May is a merkin, end of story - Anyone defending him is only doing so because he's in a Panthers jersey - If he were on any other team, I guarantee the posters defending him would be all over it calling him a disgrace and all of that.

The trophy thing, yeah it's a not a good look and I would've preferred it not to happen, but it did, we'll have to pay up to get it fixed. What gets me is the backlash about Kiks singing a f**king song... Thin skinned children (Souffs fans) are throwing tantrums over that and it's a massive overreaction.
The other thing with Kikau's singing is it gets left out that he was reacting to a Souths troll on his feed. Very harmless "Touche mother f**ker" if ever there was one.

The other thing with Kikau's singing is it gets left out that he was reacting to a Souths troll on his feed. Very harmless "Touche mother f**ker" if ever there was one.
Another example of selective memory.

I saw a Brisbane fan get massively offended about about Kikau’s supposed “mocking”. He needed to be reminded about the “St George can’t play” incident involving the one and only Allan Langer after the ‘93 GF.

soc123_au

Staff member
Another example of selective memory.

I saw a Brisbane fan get massively offended about about Kikau’s supposed “mocking”. He needed to be reminded about the “St George can’t play” incident involving the one and only Allan Langer after the ‘93 GF.
There is plenty of that around.

To be fair a lot of us can be guilty of throwing a bit of mud around. It always comes back to bite though. 16 teams of 30 young blokes that have mostly had their egos stroked and misdeeds ignored from a young age, what could possibly go wrong? It should be more surprising that more of them aren't insufferable f**kwits.