What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

super_coach

First Grade
Hodgson would be a gamble, but is probably not a bad move. Tough, experienced,skill full and a D/H with a kicking game. In saying that father times is catching up with him. Pitty it is not the other Pom at the Raiders..Whitehead

BrotherJim05

Bench
I actually want to see us sign Adam Elliot now, not because I think he's a good player (he's actually a bit of a flog), but because I can't wait for Lee H. to come out and rip into Buzz Rothfield for his bullshit articles that drag us through the mud.

@lee. H (we all know you read these forums) - everything in life is a double edged sword, I don't need to tell you that. On the one hand, you speak to the media a bit too much, but on the other you have the ability to hit back against people putting our name through the mud. Use your powers for the right reason this time and really give it to old Buzz McDrunkface.

Back on A. Elliot - while he isn't exactly amazing, he is exactly the type of player Madge could get the best out of. If we did sign him we could be in for another Luciano type player...or someone who will get their dick out and the wrong time and Buzz will have a field day.

gordsy

Juniors
We've signed Jess Sergis, who is Lomax's partner. Let's hope that increases our chance of getting him over

I would say less chance who wants to work with the missus as well, drive to training, have people tell her what you got up to etc. Yeah no thanks.

Is your rumoured signing still happening ? Seems to be a lot of action going on at the moment
Good question.

I did ask my connect to ring up the proposed player tonight to get the update.

But the unrest was very real and many players were very upset. It might have been better to give the award to doogie to keep the peace.

Why it is so important and politicised, I have no idea.

It’s not Brooksy fault, but I wonder if he will feel the heat from it.

Tim is signed and I feel quite strongly that his presence will have a material benefit to the playing group. No doubt he will be master and commander of all that he sees!

In between his naps…
Other clubs celebrate their club honours, but not our ugly lot, they go berserker and try to tear each other apart.

Like the near all-in brawl over the bad pass during pre season training!

Our club takes its footy very very seriously -except it seems, when we are playing.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Good question.

I did ask my connect to ring up the proposed player tonight to get the update.

But the unrest was very real and many players were very upset. It might have been better to give the award to doogie to keep the peace.

Why it is so important and politicised, I have no idea.

It’s not Brooksy fault, but I wonder if he will feel the heat from it.

Tim is signed and I feel quite strongly that his presence will have a material benefit to the playing group. No doubt he will be master and commander of all that he sees!
I think you have forgotten his antics when he was last here, I don't think he will be the messiah?

Last edited:

Shredder

Juniors
Anyone have any idea when international travel is going to open up again?

Id like the two new blokes from the UK to have a full pre season with us.

And I suspect we are holding off on signings until Shines gets here.

Tigerm

First Grade

Hopefully we have some signing news at the beginning of next month or we will have missed the boat imo?

The Dolphins franchise couldn’t have come at a worse time for us, though the junior development programs should see some success in the next few years, but i am still hopeful we will get some experienced players to supplement what we already have, for the present?

stryker

First Grade

From my understanding, Sheens and Hastings can get exemptions to enter the country as they are citizens. That process seems slow though and the 14 days of hotel quarantine await them.
Gildart will still be a fair way off though as he is currently not permitted unless he is granted a special exemption, which seems unlikely.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
From my understanding, Sheens and Hastings can get exemptions to enter the country as they are citizens. That process seems slow though and the 14 days of hotel quarantine await them.
Gildart will still be a fair way off though as he is currently not permitted unless he is granted a special exemption, which seems unlikely.
Wouldn't there be some leeway for employment/professional sport application?

The club is advertising for internships, but alas no vacancies in the junior chairperson or recruitment areas I’d be interested in.

I would go for membership but I’m not so keen since the macnaz ticketed ambush at LO.

I can’t believe they sold his seats to yuppies looking for a distraction from their usual lentil and seaweed organic non binary earth enhanced toe painting. Slumming it with us great unwashed and suggesting the matter could be resolved with an honourable draw which I suppose, we would have accepted.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Technical help.

My mobile phone makes noises as though I am recieving a text message but often that is not the case. Could it be a setting on this forum that is sending me alerts? If so can I turn it off somehow?

Technical help.

My mobile phone makes noises as though I am recieving a text message but often that is not the case. Could it be a setting on this forum that is sending me alerts? If so can I turn it off somehow?
Ive asked Lu for you.

New forum issues on “ go ahead ask us anything” thread.

could be a preference thing where that bell thing is, but I’m a tech illiterate.

Hodgson is easily better than Liddle and Simpkin. Simpkin needs another year either off the bench or in the KOE to ply his trade, and Liddle is not the answer.

This team is devoid of leadership and a players with an attitude to compete for 80 minutes. Hodgson offers both as well as being a talented hooker.

Make it happen Wests.

stryker

First Grade
Wouldn't there be some leeway for employment/professional sport application?
Yes there is but there is also a hierarchy. Gildart would be towards the bottom of that list. Having said that, I’m sure they applied on his behalf as soon as he was signed. Surely?
Medical professionals, Governmental staff, Scientific community management then Business/Entertainment….

Das Hassler

Bench

I have a friend doing the 14 day quarantine now...he told me yesterday that they're only allowing in 100 per day from all destinations ...his flight from the U. S. had 15 passengers. I believe every australian returning is on standby so it might be a long wait for Gildart.