What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

denis preston

First Grade
All 3 on Perform or Perish deals at base salary rates.
Wish all contracts were like that ! Had a few highly paid players drop form & intensity but still get paid like they were superstars. Norman obviously but Simms , Vaughan as well at times. Didn't include Hunt as for me he has a red hot go but not until last season did he click ( must have been the change of coach ? )

Maddragon99

Juniors
I'll be much happier when I read about Sullivan's signature. When is this going to happen??
I’ll be absolutely shattered if he leaves but you couldn’t blame him for looking around. If he stays he’ll be behind Hunt for another 2yrs. No way Griffin moves away from his Brisbane old boys Macca & Hunt to make room for Sullivan.

denis preston

First Grade
I’ll be absolutely shattered if he leaves but you couldn’t blame him for looking around. If he stays he’ll be behind Hunt for another 2yrs. No way Griffin moves away from his Brisbane old boys Macca & Hunt to make room for Sullivan.
Come on MD, keep to your promise , no slagging off Hook until next season at least! It is not the clubs fault that his manager won’t sign anything until after 1st Nov so he can get his client the best deal. Dragons not doubt will be prioritising his signature , it’s just a matter of how much and how long. My guess is he won’t go for along contract and back himself for the next one.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Come on MD, keep to your promise , no slagging off Hook until next season at least! It is not the clubs fault that his manager won’t sign anything until after 1st Nov so he can get his client the best deal. Dragons not doubt will be prioritising his signature , it’s just a matter of how much and how long. My guess is he won’t go for along contract and back himself for the next one.
Well I can’t help myself getting a jab into Griffin when I can. The dolphins could be easily in the mix for Sullivan, I’m sure Bennett would love to pinch one of our best prospects.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The game has changed so much now that the successful teams rarely carry 2 props on the bench. I think this is a refection on the speed and the 6 again rule, withy players having to be able to fill-in in different roles within the team and according to the game.

For example: the teams that made the 8 this year had this structure as their bench:

Panthers - 2x edge forwards, 1 utility back, 1 prop
Rabbits - 2x edge forwards, 1 utility back, 1 prop
Manly - 2x props, 1 hooker, 1 utility forward
Storm - 1 hooker, 1 utility back, 1 utility forward, 1 prop
Roosters - 1 half, 2x utility forwards, 1 edge forward
Eels - 3x utility forwards, 1 utility back
Titans - 2x props, 1 edge forward, 1 hooker
Knights - 2x props, 1 utility forward, 1 edge forward

Interesting that the Panthers starting props played a total of 36mins and 31mins respectively. JFH first stint 24mins and 2nd stint 12mins, Moses Leota played 18mins then 13 mins. For the Rabbits their props, Nichols played 19mins then 14mins, whilst Tatola played 19mins and then 26mins.
For comparison our last game v Rabbits our starting props were Lawrie who who played 24 and then 22, and Maguire who played 31 and then 26. We also had Alvaro playing 26mins and Faama playing 12, basically Faama was a passenger, with our utility forward Fuimaono playing 56mins.

So, how would our bench look with 2x edge forwards, 1 prop and 1 utility?
For me the 2 edge forwards - Bird & Sims, 1 prop - Woods, 1 utility - Mbye

Latest posts