What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 squad

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Considering the Sharks aren’t even in training at the moment I’d be guessing he’s training with his good mate Wade. Be surprised if Fitz takes him on considering his apparent no dickhead policy.

ghoti

Bench
Agree. He has a long kick on him, knows when to use it and has a decent rudimentary short kicking game.

He just needs a lot of time on the field in the NRL to refine is kicking game. The main thing he lacks is finesse
That's about it! His game is really in the Cleary mould, some of his bombs are huuuuge.. I think in part for him it's selection and getting a feel of the style of game management expected in the NRL, but most of his 'bad' kicks imo tend to be mishit when he's under kick pressure.. maybe our pack gets better at protecting him next year and he kicks on I dunno what he needs to click but I feel like, as ya said, he's got the skillset.. it just needs to be loosened up and unlocked by playing behind a good side.

I like him a lot..and the pure fact of him having years and years alongside Brailey and Kennedy who are both kicking on should be enough for him to start the year at 7 and see if the momentum flows..

Weaponhead

Coach
That's about it! His game is really in the Cleary mould, some of his bombs are huuuuge.. I think in part for him it's selection and getting a feel of the style of game management expected in the NRL, but most of his 'bad' kicks imo tend to be mishit when he's under kick pressure.. maybe our pack gets better at protecting him next year and he kicks on I dunno what he needs to click but I feel like, as ya said, he's got the skillset.. it just needs to be loosened up and unlocked by playing behind a good side.

I like him a lot..and the pure fact of him having years and years alongside Brailey and Kennedy who are both kicking on should be enough for him to start the year at 7 and see if the momentum flows..
Trindall has the skills to succeed as a 7 at this level. He can tackle, run, kick, pass short, pass long, organise. The key for him kicking on, just like Kennedy, is more mental than physical. First thing is confidence and belief that he belongs at this level. Secondly, is the situational awareness to make the right decisions at the right times under pressure. This is what made Cronk great.

Park footy is full of blokes who had the talent but not the mindset to make it. If Trindall reaches his potential, it will be a massive bonus and accelerate the progress of the team.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Trindall has the skills to succeed as a 7 at this level. He can tackle, run, kick, pass short, pass long, organise. The key for him kicking on, just like Kennedy, is more mental than physical. First thing is confidence and belief that he belongs at this level. Secondly, is the situational awareness to make the right decisions at the right times under pressure. This is what made Cronk great.

Park footy is full of blokes who had the talent but not the mindset to make it. If Trindall reaches his potential, it will be a massive bonus and accelerate the progress of the team.

Fitz will send him out with a simple game plan I reckon. Probably tell him he doesn't have to do it all, especially under pressure.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Can’t edit first post so copied and updated.

Miller added to take total to 26 contracted.

27 CONTRACTED FOR 2022

Brailey
Fifita
Finucane
Graham
Hamlin-Uele
Hiroti
Hunt
Hynes
Katoa
Kennedy
McInnes
Miller
Moylan
Mulitalo
Nikora
Pele
Ramien
Rudolf
Talakai
Taumoepeau
Tolman
Tracy
Trindall
Williams
Wilton
Lualua - current dev 2022
Metcalf - current dev 2022
Ferris Dev 2022

2021 CONTRACTED PLAYERS STILL TO BE SIGNED

O’Donnell
Paterson
Vasquez Dev 2021

Removed some confirmed exiting players.
Have i missed anything?

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Bench
Can’t edit first post so copied and updated.

Miller added to take total to 26 contracted.

26 CONTRACTED FOR 2022

Brailey
Fifita
Finucane
Graham
Hamlin-Uele
Hiroti
Hunt
Hynes
Katoa
Kennedy
McInnes
Miller
Moylan
Mulitalo
Nikora
Pele
Ramien
Rudolf
Talakai
Taumoepeau
Tracy
Trindall
Williams
Wilton
Lualua - current dev 2022
Metcalf - current dev 2022

2021 CONTRACTED PLAYERS STILL TO BE SIGNED

Ferris
MacDonald
Magoulias
O’Donnell
Paterson
Tolman
Vasquez Dev 2021
Ferris Dev 2021

Removed some confirmed exiting players.
Have i missed anything?
Magoulias was mentioned as a departing player in the September CEO update along with Woods and Chambers.

Latest posts