What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

So if May is fired. Replaced with say Corey Norman or Curtis Scott. Those vocal critics won't start again?

That is why it is a dangerous slope to base your decision on outside noise
And who’s to say that the next ‘bad boy’ the critics target isn’t Nathan. The drums have already started beating for him to a certain extent. Isn’t he already on his second strike?

If $250k is correct. That is exactly why he is being punted
Could well be but it would be weird that he was only just (recently) re-signed.

Also, not sure who you replace him with. Not sure the options I have read on here (Tago, Kenny) provide the flexibility May does; and that flexibility becomes more important given we have lost Capewell. At 250k he doesn’t free up much cap space, but offers quite a lot.

Iamback

Coach
Could well be but it would be weird that he was only just (recently) re-signed.

Also, not sure who you replace him with. Not sure the options I have read on here (Tago, Kenny) provide the flexibility May does; and that flexibility becomes more important given we have lost Capewell. At 250k he doesn’t free up much cap space, but offers quite a lot.

It was agreed too before they went to QLD. The plan then was to use the money we used on TPJ to advance pay a few guys. $120k now behind the projected cap

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
David Riccio First line of his (almost laughable article, if it wasn't so stupid and demeaning)

'If the Panthers board don't at a board meeting, when will they'

He then goes on to say 'we're about to find out what Penrith Panthers stand for as a club'.

What a load of hogwash. He can't be serious. But sadly he is.

It is as though News corp are determined to run May out of the NRL ground. On what grounds I ask. A few comments, lyrics of a drake song, and a couple of photos.

Sadly a show trial is looming. Placing the club and board in a dreadful situation.

I am asking

WHAT ABOUT THE MORAL COMPASS OF THE MEDIA.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
From our favourite hack journo
Old beetroot face
SHOOSH

There is a rumour doing the rounds that Penrith won’t sack unremorseful sex-tape offender Tyrone May for his disgraceful social media post after the grand final. If this is the case, the Panthers are not reading the room. Your columnist did a poll on Twitter last week and 86.6 per cent want him out.

He doesn't say less than 1,500 people responded to his poll

Almost none of them Penrith fans either. Judging by the comments.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
This is one of those times when we shouldn’t talk about things we know nothing about….

Well said. Sadly I'm not so polite.

None of us know the actual circumstances or the outcome of Penrith's board meeting this comming week.

I hope that he is able to stay.

As I think this has basically been 'a show trial' with little (no) hard evidence of actual wrong doing.