What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brandon Smith - Podcast

blaza88z

Coach
Why would Storm be upset? We know we know we are going to lose him and that he is shopping himself around. Nione of that is news.
Get the most out of him whilst we have him and as said let Grant have another year at half time to keep developing. Bellamy's too smart to get annoyed if he feels Smith still has something to contribute to next year. It might be Storms best window for a while at a title given the change in players and coaching thats coming.

You're not an actual fan if you can't see the disrespect in him saying he wants to win a premiership wearing another club's jersey while he still has a year to go on his current contract with Melbourne

Perth Red

Post Whore
You're not an actual fan if you can't see the disrespect in him saying he wants to win a premiership wearing another club's jersey while he still has a year to go on his current contract with Melbourne
This is the Cheese! If Finucane had said it I'd be pssed. But this is the cheese! I half expected worse like him saying he'd leave now if he could! His brain seems a little under developed compared to his football ability lol.

AJB1102

First Grade
Talking through every club that showed interest and discussing the meetings at some before saying how much he loved the outta the spotlight/private way Roosters went is a bit funny.

Being a YKTR chucklef**k in Bondi isn't gonna go well for him.

Apey

Staff member
Seems like his cool dude persona is going to wear a bit thin on the Storm. Might wear a bit thin on the Roosters too eventually. Great player though.

Legends

Juniors
When Paul Kent uses his favourite phrase ‘You wouldn’t see that type of thing at the Storm or the Roosters’
obviously he’s not referring to bulk nose beers or racially abusing unsuspecting members of the general public.
So you're in board with saying the name of a TV show constituting 'racial abuse'? Even the piss weak NRL couldn't contrive that.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Why would Storm be upset? We know we know we are going to lose him and that he is shopping himself around. Nione of that is news.
Get the most out of him whilst we have him and as said let Grant have another year at half time to keep developing. Bellamy's too smart to get annoyed if he feels Smith still has something to contribute to next year. It might be Storms best window for a while at a title given the change in players and coaching thats coming.
They've got every right to be upset. You don't reckon Bellamy is going to rip Smith a new one when he next sees him? He will, then he'll keep him in 2022 because he has to in order to win a comp, and he'll rip him to make sure he knows for f**king certain he is committed to being a Storm player until then. The Storm are too smart to cut off their nose to spite their face by letting him go.

It was a f**king thick thing to say, and Smith is lucky nothing much will come of it.

I also read something dumb with old soak Rothfield comparing it to Kikau posing in a Dogs jersey. Not at all comparable.

Knight76

Juniors
He should have handled it like KP up here.

We know he is able to look around, but he stands there and says his focus is here, his commitment is here, he is looking forward to that premiership at the end of next year.

Clearly his connection to reality is slipping, but he says the right things.

He apparently signed for less than what the others offered. At least he wasn't pictured at the Chooks club wearing a Chooks Polo

They've got every right to be upset. You don't reckon Bellamy is going to rip Smith a new one when he next sees him? He will, then he'll keep him in 2022 because he has to in order to win a comp, and he'll rip him to make sure he knows for f**king certain he is committed to being a Storm player until then. The Storm are too smart to cut off their nose to spite their face by letting him go.

It was a f**king thick thing to say, and Smith is lucky nothing much will come of it.

I also read something dumb with old soak Rothfield comparing it to Kikau posing in a Dogs jersey. Not at all comparable.

Nothing much will come of it you say? I reckon Martina is heating up the tongs in his subterranean dungeon as we speak and has already sacrificed a unicorn in anticipation of what he will do to Brandon.

Munted

Bench
Clearly his connection to reality is slipping, but he says the right things.
He's typical of a bloke his age with big dreams and wanting it all now.
He also has a f**k load of piss head gambling NRL fans thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread. His cult following is bizzare, throw in the YKTR merkins and he's really living in a fantasy world.

Kikau was dumb and I was disappointed as a Panthers fan, but B Smith takes the cake for stupidity, arrogance and disrespect to his current employer.

Diesel

Coach
Bellamy probably doesn’t care too much, next year will be hit last before he hands over the reins. It’s a business now, no loyalty but the Storm were aware he wasn’t going to stay

Knight76

Juniors
He also has a f**k load of piss head gambling NRL fans thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread. His cult following is bizzare, throw in the YKTR merkins and he's really living in a fantasy world.

Kikau was dumb and I was disappointed as a Panthers fan, but B Smith takes the cake for stupidity, arrogance and disrespect to his current employer.

Kikau at least was assured the photo would be released straight away and would be held until the appropriate time.

Smith just surfed the podwaves and let it all hang out.

roofromoz

First Grade
Release him, yes, but have him play at another club in 2022.

I hear the defending premiers may need a new number 9.

Munted

Bench
The part of uncle nick calling and asking JWH and Aubbo and their families are doing sounds to me like the old Rogerson set up. Like seriously if Politis was going to call a player I’d think Manu or Teddy would be first. And how convenient whilst they were playing golf with Smith.
It is absolute wank, most likely made up by the YKTR marketing geniuses.

Someone2

Juniors
Kikau at least was assured the photo would be released straight away and would be held until the appropriate time.

Smith just surfed the podwaves and let it all hang out.
Smith has some type of deal with the guys that do that podcast

Last edited:

Chimp

Juniors

Very much my thoughts on the whole contract piece. What Kikau did was short sighted, but understandable given he’d not have expected it to end up in the public domain until the appropriate time - he couldn’t and should have had to foresee someone screen shotting the CCTV and sharing it.

Smith is actively talking up another club and playing for them, whilst still having a year to run, and with his current club still supposedly having the opportunity to provide a final offer… he’s completely rubbed Melbourne’s noses in it… On one hand, I like his transparency and honesty, but on this occasion, he’s really put his own integrity, professionalism and ongoing relationships with Melbourne on the line.
Silly silly boy - he just needed to reign that in a bit.