What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade

Dragon David

First Grade
and this -

Sorry, and this -

The Roosters know how to wine and dine to get their man that is for sure. Free lunches and dinners and booze for the rest of their lives and a good super scheme to tide them over no doubt. Lifetime memberships of exclusive golf clubs and other venues and so many other temptations to lure the ones they really want.

The Roosters just don't want to be bottom 8 ever again.

Gareth67

First Grade
and this -

If the powers to be at the Storm do decide to part company with him ( which I seriously doubt ) then this would open all sorts of possibilities for those teams that missed out . Apparently the rorters simply cannot afford him in season 2022 as they have their salary cap just about spent . ( ?)

Therefore he could spend next season for argument sake at the Tigers or Eels or I suppose a few other clubs . Who knows even the Bulldogs may have extra cash up their sleeve . A new bidding war would occur for those teams who would like him to wear their colors for 12 months .

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Sorry, and this -

The Roosters know how to wine and dine to get their man that is for sure. Free lunches and dinners and booze for the rest of their lives and a good super scheme to tide them over no doubt. Lifetime memberships of exclusive golf clubs and other venues and so many other temptations to lure the ones they really want.

The Roosters just don't want to be bottom 8 ever again.
Personally, the only way I could enjoy being in Bondi Junction at any time- night or day- is drunk. It is an overpriced, confusing, congested nightmare of a joint. Uncle Nick however is mighty persuasive and well connected to the big end of town.

mickeylane

Bench
Found the last paragraph funny in this piece.. Roosters unable to find room in the cap to accomodate Smith this year…😂
The Storm could release Smith from the final year of his contract and let him join the Roosters immediately. However, it’s unclear whether the Roosters have the salary cap space to accommodate him immediately.

Gareth67

First Grade
Found the last paragraph funny in this piece.. Roosters unable to find room in the cap to accomodate Smith this year…😂
The Storm could release Smith from the final year of his contract and let him join the Roosters immediately. However, it’s unclear whether the Roosters have the salary cap space to accommodate him immediately.

Yes they would certainly find a way to fit him in . Those Mexican sombreros do tend to stretch you know , but never shrink .

On the other hand Uncle Nick may now realize that the bloke is a bit of a loose cannon and decide to withdraw the offer of a contract . 🤔

Last edited:

Puff

First Grade
Nobody in the long run ever wins on the pokies, fair to assume he's probably given that and more back. In fact I'd say likely he's given more to pokies than he gave to the football team
And he won’t be laughing in retirement. He will be Owen craige-ing

Gippsy

Bench

They could do it easy. All they need to do is release Verrils and that will free up about $1.2M.

In any case, I'm sure Smith would play for the Rorters on minimum salary just for the privilege of playing for such a great club.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes they would certainly find a way to fit him in . Those Mexican sombreros do tend to stretch you know , but never shrink .

On the other hand Uncle Nick may now realize that the bloke is a bit of a loose cannon and decide to withdraw the offer of a contract . 🤔
The way that he has divulged the drinking problems down south on the podcast, including mentioning Finucaine and making him look a drunkard, isn't good. No wonder the Storm and now the NRL are not happy with him.

I'm glad we did not sign him up - not that we had any chance.

Gareth67

First Grade
The way that he has divulged the drinking problems down south on the podcast, including mentioning Finucaine and making him look a drunkard, isn't good. No wonder the Storm and now the NRL are not happy with him.

I'm glad we did not sign him up - not that we had any chance.
Agree D.D the bloke has quite a few rough edges to him , good footballer , but also very grubby . Still the rorters have him from ‘ 23 and it will be up to Robinson to smooth out those rough edges as best he can or I can see the donations continuing to the judiciary .

Last edited:

Trifili13

Juniors
While Verrills may be an upgrade on Macca, the Roosters rarely release quality players.

All teams seem to release players due to salary cap constraints, especially after winning the comp but I can't recall the last time the Rooster's were under salary cap pressure. Even the Storm have had to release high profile players this year.

Latest posts