What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Glenneel

Bench
We’ve already lost Ferguson, Niukore, Papali’i and Mahoney over the course of the next two seasons without signing anyone of note. This is despite not even coming close to a grand final appearance. I’m sorry but if we don’t make any significant signings but continue to lose our talent then it becomes very hard for me to understand as a fan. If we’re going to lose our talent I want to see a tangible reason for it eg we ended up signing X player instead. My issue is we’re losing our talent and not seeing any reason as to what course of action is being taken to offset this. Do you think Penrith is sitting there bragging about how they’re not splurging or are they getting the job done by re-signing their talent such as Leota, Fisher Harris, Crichton, Luai, Yeo in 2021? When they can retain those players despite making a grand final then it makes our retention look weak in comparison.
If we're weak with retention what would you say about the Storm with all the players they've lost?

Smith is gone and Storm are looking to loan him out for next year with a swap with a player. We should go hard for him and release Mahoney immediately to Dogs. Lets have a laugh to see how they can organise their cap for next year.

Glenneel

Bench
Jnr going is fine by me.
He will be 29 by end of contract and is a big man. Ot sure how many good years are left in him tbh. I felt this year he looks a bit like he was slowing. 2yrs is a long time for a prop when that age. I feel like ideal would be having him for 2022 and 2023. But he will want a 3yr contract. That will take him untill the end of 2025. 4 x more years in the NRL.

I think keeping Papali was a must and letting Jnr go would of been ok. It looks like Matterson won't be here also. The whole forward pack may need replacing. The good thing is we will have plenty of cash to do it and we do not need all of them for 2023. I am more then happy to have a bit of a building year then. We could sign 1 or 2 guys then and another few for 2024.
We've been building since 1986 and I can't afford to wait much longer. A premiership please before I expire!

hindy111

Post Whore
I have heard the same about Junior and Sims but totally the opposite regarding Rheed not wanting to stay.
In fact 48 hours before he was announced as joining the Dogs, I was told his preference was to stay at Parra.
My source on the Rheed issue is pretty reliable, unless Rheed was lying directly to my face.

Money talks. Rheed seems toove the EELS based on how he carries himself after games etc.

lucablight

First Grade
Penisini is too young and inexperienced to be a team leader, same as Dylan Brown and Reed Mahoney. I didn't list Opacic because he's not part of the core of the squad. He only played 20 games because Jennings was suspended and Penisini wasn't ready. Five of those other eight blokes have all averaged 20+ games a year for us over multiple seasons. Matterson, Nrown and Blake have only been prevented from doing so by injury.
I’m not talking about a team leader. I’m talking about players you can build a side around. Do you think the likes of Crichton and To’o are leaders? They’re certainly part of the group the Panthers have built their side around.
If we're weak with retention what would you say about the Storm with all the players they've lost?

Smith is gone and Storm are looking to loan him out for next year with a swap with a player. We should go hard for him and release Mahoney immediately to Dogs. Lets have a laugh to see how they can organise their cap for next year.
They won the grand final last season and just came off one of the statistically best seasons ever. You would expect them to have to shed players. We would take that in a heartbeat. In saying that they still have the likes of Papenhuyzen, Munster, Hughes, Grant, Bromwich bros, Welch, Nelson Asofa-Solomona to build their side around.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I have heard the same about Junior and Sims but totally the opposite regarding Rheed not wanting to stay.
In fact 48 hours before he was announced as joining the Dogs, I was told his preference was to stay at Parra.
My source on the Rheed issue is pretty reliable, unless Rheed was lying directly to my face.
He’ll probably say anything for you to leave him alone 😉

That is a kick in the guts when he’s told you he’s staying mate, no wonder you were so Devo’d.

JokerEel

First Grade
If he wanted to stay why rush to sign he had another year with his current contract. Lots change in a month let alone a year.

Latest posts