What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

Speed is a product of the number of infections. Each infection (and therefore replication of the virus) is a new opportunity for mutation.

The general trend over time is for a virus to become more transmissible, but less dangerous (because a more dangerous virus kills its host before it has a chance to transmit), but there is always a risk that the mutation will result in something worse. It's kind of a better the devil you know situation.

We've had millions of cases, so that's millions of opportunities for the virus to mutate. On top of that, omicron is particularly transmissible, so that number increases still further.

Vaccination reduces symptomatic disease, and therefore helps reduce transmission.
Thank you. Your last line is kind of what I was getting at in the first place, in my beer soaked way.
My thought is still there though, maybe the people whom haven't vaccinated could take a step back and realise that the majority of the worlds population has taken the vaccination in the belief that it will actually help people, including themselves, get over this thing. Yes it could be wrong, but it also could be very right.
The fact is none of us know exactly what has occurred here, pro-vaccination has science and history to call upon, the anti-vaccination group call on a lot of information, that can sometimes be dubious at best, information that I personally looked into, and after finding just too many holes in that info, and where it came from, I chose to get the stab.
Every day I meet at least 10 or 12 x people with covid, not in a hospital situation, at their homes. All of them are vaccinated, and all of them are happy that they got vaccinated.
Peace.

shaggs

Coach
Good post BBB.

What gets my goat is I’m all for free choice but the flak I get from anti vaxxers is like they are trying to sign me up for church. Have your beliefs but don’t ram them down my throat as fact or make me feel like I’m doomed for my choice.
I can see your point. However I can also see both sides.
To me those posting countless pics of themselves getting jabbed and changing their cover pics are an example of the same thing.

In all areas of life, you get the fanatics. Religious, carnivores, vegans etc. all say their way is the best and only.

I have a friend who is absolutely desperate to get her 4th shot. She has now just posted that her 6 and 8 year old are done, but has changed her focused and pushing for her 2 year old to be allowed. She is the type that is desperate for any medical intervention.
Her posts the past 6 months have consisted of countdowns to jabs and then pics of the jabs. To me that’s odd.
Keep your medical history to yourself. Don’t virtue signal.

BBB, I don’t think vaccine made any difference to the evolution of the virus. I think it was likely to progress as we have seen and will disappear like MERS and SARS. The only difference here is the absolute media coverage.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
But shaggs how is that person posting those images directly impacting you at that time?

My specific example was people directing flak AT me saying having the vaccine will ultimately kill me because I don’t know what’s in it.

I think there is a clear difference between posting a pic of getting the jab and outwardly abusing those who do with threats of impending ill health.

If there are examples of vaxed saying non vaxed will die then I think that’s equally offensive.

BBB, I don’t think vaccine made any difference to the evolution of the virus. I think it was likely to progress as we have seen and will disappear like MERS and SARS. The only difference here is the absolute media coverage.
And yet a great deal of doctors and such say it has helped immensely.
Different medical opinions is not an uncommon thing.
Just like the every day persons opinion. None of us here on a rugby league forum know what is correct or not.
The only thing we can make our own is how we express those opinions, and to try and show respect to other human beings.
I've only been dissed and pissed on by one side in this debate (not in this forum, in real life). And it wasn't the pro vax.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
From my experience the anti-vaxers are far more painful and relentless than the vaxers . I personally couldn’t give a rats arse if someone chooses to vax or not. That is their choice. Just please respect that if I choose to vax that is also my choice. Each to their own.

shaggs

Coach
But shaggs how is that person posting those images directly impacting you at that time?

My specific example was people directing flak AT me saying having the vaccine will ultimately kill me because I don’t know what’s in it.

I think there is a clear difference between posting a pic of getting the jab and outwardly abusing those who do with threats of impending ill health.

If there are examples of vaxed saying non vaxed will die then I think that’s equally offensive.
Ive seen it both ways.

I started to ramble. Probably a bad example.

The one thing I have learnt over the past 2 or so years is that a lot of people have lost their humanity.
In my industry I didn’t see one person with it, nor did any of my staff get it. Some of my staff were jabbed as soon as possible and then began to chip away at those who were reluctant or holding off. It got to the point that I had to make it a C-free zone. Those who hadn’t been jabbed or those who wouldn’t state their status looked into transfers or in two cases, resigned due the non-stop questioning and implications they didn’t deserve to be at work

Like I said fanatics, will fanatic

Ozzi_78

First Grade
In 6 weeks my employer is not allowing non vaxed people to be employed… to a specific person I say suck shit, to the others who have kept it to themselves I feel sorry for you and don’t think it’s fair.

R-15-3

Bench
What it has shown me is 5% of fruit loops make 95% of the noise online & in protests from political, vegans, climate change, ani this, anti that.
Best way to deal with them is just completely ignore them and every single post or thing they say worthless.

On another note,
Has anyone else seen this song that Paul Kelly wrote and posted on farcebook about Usman Khawaja???? It's bloody brilliant

txta2

Bench
And these merkins saying its only mild can get fked. The people I got it off, 1 is in hospital, he had a fall. It fks with your brain, you cant concentrate. I dont ever remember having a mild cold fking with my head because it does mess with you mentally.

txta2

Bench
These turds who only think it's a sniffle ARE the people spreading it. They are more than likely just living like nothing is wrong and not getting tested. I got it from an inconsiderate rsole turning up to a xmas do with symptoms.

These turds who only think it's a sniffle ARE the people spreading it. They are more than likely just living like nothing is wrong and not getting tested. I got it from an inconsiderate rsole turning up to a xmas do with symptoms.
Understand your anger... We live in a world of Human Beans! yeah ... I got no more wise words than that ... Sorry .

Craigshark

First Grade
And these merkins saying its only mild can get fked. The people I got it off, 1 is in hospital, he had a fall. It fks with your brain, you cant concentrate. I dont ever remember having a mild cold fking with my head because it does mess with you mentally.

plenty of people who I know who have had it, have said it’s pretty mild. Guess it depends on your circumstances, any underlying health issues etc

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Extremely healthy people who I know have had it have had severe cases with extreme symptoms. Nothing mild about it.

The way I see it is it can be deadly if your health is not good or if you are old. Otherwise it can be severe or mild regardless of your health level. It’s completely random.

PJ

First Grade
Extremely healthy people who I know have had it have had severe cases with extreme symptoms. Nothing mild about it.

The way I see it is it can be deadly if your health is not good or if you are old. Otherwise it can be severe or mild regardless of your health level. It’s completely random.
That's been my experience as well from a few friends and family.

Just speaking with the neighbour today and his 39yo daughter and 1 yo granddaughter were both very sick for a week.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Bring back polio, measles, small pox.

f**king morons. Move to Brazil you dumb merkins.
There’s lots of Brazilians keen to stay in Australia. In 2020 and 2021 Morrison was telling them to go home.

Now, in 2022, we are begging for a workforce.