What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

Quigs

Immortal
I like the wood choppin at the Easter show. What’s your favourite thing there?
I remember back in the mid 70's I took the family to the Syd-a-ney show (I was still a resident of the shire back then) - all the brats were young and after that "wonderful" experience I told the missus if you and the kids want to go to the Show again you'll be going without moi.

In the year of our Lord 2022, and all the other Gods, I have stuck to my word and never have gone to easter show since.

That includes the Rockhampton and Yeppoon ones.... ( i do tell a fib I did hit the Yeppoon Show early in 86 but couldn't get out of the joint quick enough.

They shit me to tears.... I'd rather go to the dentist. And dont get me going on them either.

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I f**king love the wood chopping. It was my favourite thing to watch as a kid and I never grew out of it.

Fun fact, Australia's most successful athlete is woodchopper David Foster. He was a world woodchopping champion for 21 years!
I loved that my old man (RIP) used to drag the family there when it was time to eat. We’d get some grub and watch it for an hour to rest our feet from looking at all that other bulllssshitttttt fruit and flower displays.

sharknows

Bench
I met big Dave Foster on a trip around Tassie about 20 years ago. I’m 185cm and was about 108kg at the time. I looked like a little child next to him…..a huge man.

TooheysNew

Coach
Unfortunately Coby we won't be able to continue this big boys debate as the mods are driven by fear of an opinion they can't control.
And thus delete my posts.
Which shows this forum to be no better than the controlled narrative of the media we are experiencing at this time.

PM me and l will answer my questions for you.
The only thing your post would be deleted for is if it breaches forum guidelines. I.e. no sourcing and misinformation. It won't just be deleted because it is rambling and comes across as unhinged.

I won't be PMing you. It's already clear you have no factual basis for anything you have posted, and you're just trying to push a misinformed, ill-researched opinion that is reinforced only by some of the... less credible members of society.

Most people can clearly see this for what it is.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Easter show.
Only things I remember distinctly back in the days of Moore Park….as a kid, lying about your age when entering (tight arse parents), asking where the old man was during the fireworks (duck out for a few beers somewhere) and that “the show bags today are crap, no where near as good a few years back”
Good times

Quigs

Immortal
Crikey Cobe, using words like misinformation, ramblings, unhinged and ill-researched in posts for this forum, it is totally unheard of. You are definitely in the wrong joint if you expect such a high standard as that.

We have benchmarks you know.

The only thing your post would be deleted for is if it breaches forum guidelines. I.e. no sourcing and misinformation. It won't just be deleted because it is rambling and comes across as unhinged.

I won't be PMing you. It's already clear you have no factual basis for anything you have posted, and you're just trying to push a misinformed, ill-researched opinion that is reinforced only by some of the... less credible members of society.

Most people can clearly see this for what it is.
Keep getting your "facts" from Sunrise and Pfizer CEO ...... Hang on didn't he just say that their first two shots offer very limited protection, if ANY!

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Keep getting your "facts" from Sunrise and Pfizer CEO ...... Hang on didn't he just say that their first two shots offer very limited protection, if ANY!
Just curious mate…. Does it give you a sense of satisfaction that the vaccines aren’t perhaps quite as effective as had been previously promoted. I will say that I have no problem with those that choose not to vax but the attitude atm of the anti-vaxers appears to be heartless considering the escalating death toll.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
T
Just curious mate…. Does it give you a sense of satisfaction that the vaccines aren’t perhaps quite as effective as had been previously promoted. I will say that I have no problem with those that choose not to vax but the attitude atm of the anti-vaxers appears to be heartless considering the escalating death toll.
They see it as justification of their position when in actual fact it’s not that at all. If it did not work there would be 10s of thousands more deaths. Sure it’s probably not perfect but it’s better than nothing.

BTW before snout and TSS get their knickers in a knot over my reply it’s not aimed at you. More so those I work with who won’t shut the f**k up about pure bloods and end of days bullshittttt.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
In 2020 Pfizer were quick to announce their vaccine but were equally quick to talk of the vaccine's efficacy. As far as vaccines go, it was quite high at 80-90% depending on the age groups.

Thing is, no one ever said the vaccines would provide 100% protection. The experts said it would reduce your chance of contracting covid and/or reduce the period of infection and lessen the chance of you being hospitalised.

Since then new variants have arrived. The vaccines are still doing a job while the goal posts keep moving.

The anti-vaxxers are desperately trying to find some gotcha moment, while ignoring the well documented breakthrough infections of an evolving virus.

I ain't no fuxking scientist, and I sure as hell ain't no singular person to know what the fuxk is going on here.
But, I am a poster who likes to post randomly after a couple of beers, with said beer thoughts.
I'm wondering out loud if the fact Omicron has failed to deliver the high pained variant because once it had gone through the other variants it hit a dead wall because of the majority of people being vaccinated. It could not find the weakness anymore? Hence its not as effective behaviour.
So for the non vaccinated people, maybe, just maybe, they have the vaccinated people to thank for this lesser than evil strain that is now upon us.
Just an open thought here, in no way am I trying to engage in this worn out debate.
I know nothing except my own thoughts. Bad Boy Bubby, 12-1-2022.

shaggs

Coach
@bad boy bubby viruses don’t want to be eradicated. They want to evolve and exist. The thousands and thousands of corona viruses that currently exist in the world have evolved to a point where they are so mild they show very little if any symptoms.
The omicron variant is just that natural progression.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I ain't no fuxking scientist, and I sure as hell ain't no singular person to know what the fuxk is going on here.
But, I am a poster who likes to post randomly after a couple of beers, with said beer thoughts.
I'm wondering out loud if the fact Omicron has failed to deliver the high pained variant because once it had gone through the other variants it hit a dead wall because of the majority of people being vaccinated. It could not find the weakness anymore? Hence its not as effective behaviour.
So for the non vaccinated people, maybe, just maybe, they have the vaccinated people to thank for this lesser than evil strain that is now upon us.
Just an open thought here, in no way am I trying to engage in this worn out debate.
I know nothing except my own thoughts. Bad Boy Bubby, 12-1-2022.
Was it Chads beer?

@bad boy bubby viruses don’t want to be eradicated. They want to evolve and exist. The thousands and thousands of corona viruses that currently exist in the world have evolved to a point where they are so mild they show very little if any symptoms.
The omicron variant is just that natural progression.
Do they normally evolve as quickly as this one has?
Can you tell us that this exact same situation would have occurred if no one at all was vaccinated?

TooheysNew

Coach
Do they normally evolve as quickly as this one has?
Can you tell us that this exact same situation would have occurred if no one at all was vaccinated?
Speed is a product of the number of infections. Each infection (and therefore replication of the virus) is a new opportunity for mutation.

The general trend over time is for a virus to become more transmissible, but less dangerous (because a more dangerous virus kills its host before it has a chance to transmit), but there is always a risk that the mutation will result in something worse. It's kind of a better the devil you know situation.

We've had millions of cases, so that's millions of opportunities for the virus to mutate. On top of that, omicron is particularly transmissible, so that number increases still further.

Vaccination reduces symptomatic disease, and therefore helps reduce transmission.