What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

SneakyEel

Juniors
If the edge back rowers are

11. Paps
12. Matto

my guess the bench would be:

14. Kaufusi
15. Lane
16. Marata
17. Carty
Predicting Brad will either go for:
11.Carty
12.Matto
or
11.Lane
12.Matto

with a bench:
14.Rein
15.Lane/Carty
16.Papa
17.Niukore
Last year it was obvious how much better we perform with Papali'i coming off the bench and playing in the middle and Papa's edge defence was questionable, to say the least.

hindy111

Post Whore
Predicting Brad will either go for:
11.Carty
12.Matto
or
11.Lane
12.Matto

with a bench:
14.Rein
15.Lane/Carty
16.Papa
17.Niukore
Last year it was obvious how much better we perform with Papali'i coming off the bench and playing in the middle and Papa's edge defence was questionable, to say the least.

I'd change it all together.

8.Rcg
9.Mahoney
10.Jnr
11. Bryce
12. Lane
13. Matterson

14.Utility
15. N.Brown
16. Marata
17. Papali

I like Bryce starting and Lane.And Matterson in the middle works well. Then unleash 3 guys with huge energy off the bench.
Cartwright coming on at 60th minute and he starts to force things. Much prefer he gets to work himself into the game.

strider

Post Whore
I'd change it all together.

8.Rcg
9.Mahoney
10.Jnr
11. Bryce
12. Lane
13. Matterson

14.Utility
15. N.Brown
16. Marata
17. Papali

I like Bryce starting and Lane.And Matterson in the middle works well. Then unleash 3 guys with huge energy off the bench.
Cartwright coming on at 60th minute and he starts to force things. Much prefer he gets to work himself into the game.
yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Nrown transition to the bench ... maybe not immediately, but as the season goes on - maybe some games starting, some from bench depending on the situation .... come on a play like a mad merkin for less minutes

though I am not convinced Matterson would be keen to play middle - I dunno about his attitude when things arent what he wants ....... plus he is a pretty decent edge defender

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Matto is wasted in the middle imo, he contributes so much more on the edge, particularly under Mitch's bombs.

He played his junior footy in the halves and he has decent hands
He’s also been wasted on an edge the last two years, at least in the middle he will get his hands on the ball more. And Brown the human handbrake might have less chance of stifling the attack.

hindy111

Post Whore
He’s also been wasted on an edge the last two years, at least in the middle he will get his hands on the ball more. And Brown the human handbrake might have less chance of stifling the attack.

YES. Look how Oenrith use Yeo for attack and setting up raids. Rarely,Murray,Jake T are also similar. Locks who are used to set up the attack and ball play.
We have a great one here in Matto. Brown would be better off bench imo. 50mins a game Max.

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe our "ball-playing lock"/ middle half is wearing the #10 and our "prop" / middle forward is wearing the #13?

It's almost as if the number on the back doesn't define a role within the team

True we do use Jnr like this. Good point.
I do like Matto at 13 thou. With Lane and Bryce on edge

84 Baby

Referee
Are middle defenses that tired when our bench middles come on? Chances are the other teams has put on fresh middles too.
That’s ok. Our benches can then tire out their benches and then we can put our freshened up starters back on against their tired benches!

Latest posts