What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

SneakyEel

Juniors
And it pisses me off that Lussick left before the little merkin ditched us. Lussick was severely underrated with great defence without the flaws in his technique that Mahoney has.
He was also a great defender and quite big for a hooker as well. Could kick out of dummy, had a good running game and his passing was great. Reckon we would have kept him if we'd known Mahoney was leaving.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Mahoney hate is hilarious, he has signed somewhere else it happens and it will happen again. Were his actions any worse than our supposed captain who dragged his contract through the media for a second time??? If he led by example and did the best thing by the club do we even lose Mahoney or anyone else???

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
The Mahoney hate is hilarious, he has signed somewhere else it happens and it will happen again. Were his actions any worse than our supposed captain who dragged his contract through the media for a second time??? If he led by example and did the best thing by the club do we even lose Mahoney or anyone else???
At least we never saw the C having lunch/dinner / breakfast with the CEO and coach of our oldest rival or any other team for that matter. Where did Rheed learn that was OK? But I do agree any suggestion that Lussick was in fact the better hooker are laughable.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't hate Mahoney. Our management had to wrap guys up earlier in the year if they where worried. I sense they just where not worried as much as fan think and had plans

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Its why i will struggle to forgive Reed for what he did.

Didn't show any class on the way out and basically shoved it in the clubs face.

Whatever happens this year with Reed we are in a no win situation. I would rather he leave now if i was being brutally honest.

He plays well and takes his game to another level we go oh crap now he is now going to arch enemy and get drilled down by the media what clowns the club is for letting him go.

Or he goes the other way and plays crap checks out mentally. Doesn't help our current situation as we will struggle.
But how good will it be if Hodgson is playing well this year!

hindy111

Post Whore
I just had the impression once we signed Rein,Hands and the kids from knights we had already started some sort of succession plan.
They obviously don't rate Rein high enough or wouldn't of went for Hodgson. I'd say they see Hands and the Knights kid as potential but nothing more at this stage. If either did come good they'll share a role with Hodgson and take over once he is done.
The worry is his age. But if we get two injury free seasons he will do a good job. I don't think he will be a top 3 hooker in comp. But he certainly can be in the top 8.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'm also going to top Waqa to have a big season.
He copped it on here but his back half of the season was excellent. Defense and attack. People forget how good he can be. We may have the best centre pairing in the NRL.

JA development will also be interesting. It is easy to rubbish his poor performances but he is a work in progress and still very young. Just wasn't ready for nrl. But he still showed a few good signs.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Waqa i dont think hasnt had a full injury free pre season yet since joining us.

Did his shoulder in the 9s back in 2019/20 off season and his calf issues last year which he carried into the season and he missed the first 2 months.