What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy related discussion

murraymob

Coach
Time for some controversial comments
If you feel you have the right to not be forced to take the vaccine. That’s fine then surly you can not expect direct hospital treatment

Smug Panther

First Grade
Experimental? Really? Sounds like you only became vaccinated because you were forced into it.
Partly yes, I did it for my children because it did somewhat reduce the spread of the early variants and so that the country would open back up. Kids need interaction above almost anything. If I was a single man I probably wouldn't have taken it, I won't be getting anymore boosters

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If you feel you have the right to not be forced to take the vaccine. That’s fine then surly you can not expect direct hospital treatment

I totally agree Murray.

I find the behaviour of folks who refuse or complain loud and long about the vaccine.

As soon as they have a medical issue........straight to outpatients, where they expect to get the best of treatment.

You can't have it both ways, you either BELIEVE and SUPPORT medicine or you don't.

You can't have you're cake and eat it.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I totally agree Murray.

I find the behaviour of folks who refuse or complain loud and long about the vaccine.

As soon as they have a medical issue........straight to outpatients, where they expect to get the best of treatment.

You can't have it both ways, you either BELIEVE and SUPPORT medicine or you don't.

You can't have you're cake and eat it.
This is far from that simple

Kilkenny

Coach
This is far from that simple
I would have thought there is sufficient evidence to support the fact the vaccines reduce the risk of death or serious illness. On this basis alone I think it offers more than enough reason to get vaccinated, but at the same time for those who choose not too I guess they can’t be forced or mandated. It is what is.

soc123_au

Staff member
Why? Do they get to stop paying tax too? The attitude that those that choose to be unvaxxed dont have the right to hospital treatment is absurd.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Yes it is.

You either believe in modern medicine or you don't. I believe that those who refuse vaccine should be charged for treatment when they contract covid........Paying upfront of course.

The entitled unvaccinated.
Haha. For certain groups yes the vaccine is a no brainer but for young fit humans? Yeahnah

soc123_au

Staff member
Yes it is.

You either believe in modern medicine or you don't. I believe that those who refuse vaccine should be charged for treatment when they contract covid........Paying upfront of course.

The entitled unvaccinated.
So if you dont like Brussells Sprouts then you arent allowed to eat any veggies?

DinkyDi

Juniors
Partly yes, I did it for my children because it did somewhat reduce the spread of the early variants and so that the country would open back up. Kids need interaction above almost anything. If I was a single man I probably wouldn't have taken it, I won't be getting anymore boosters
Wow? Vaccinations works. It is that simple.

Kilkenny

Coach
Haha. For certain groups yes the vaccine is a no brainer but for young fit humans? Yeahnah
Do you think perhaps there may be issues with the vaccines we don’t know about yet?

I believe they are safe and no adverse effects will emanate in the years ahead but i understand not everyone is convinced.

soc123_au

Staff member
Do you think perhaps there may be issues with the vaccines we don’t know about yet?

I believe they are safe and no adverse effects will emanate in the years ahead but i understand not everyone is convinced.
No one knows for sure, and that is the problem. It was rushed out in record time. The reasons for rushing it out can be fair enough depending on what you choose to believe, but the fact its experimental is indisputable. Just look at how often the goalposts move.

Google how long they tested the polio vax before it became mainstream. Or Rubella and so on.

Smug Panther

First Grade

Well we have zero long term trials so maybe. Sure glad my kids at 1 and 3 and not being forced into it yet

Kilkenny

Coach
No one knows for sure, and that is the problem. It was rushed out in record time. The reasons for rushing it out can be fair enough depending on what you choose to believe, but the fact its experimental is indisputable. Just look at how often the goalposts move.

Google how long they tested the polio vax before it became mainstream. Or Rubella and so on.
I’m in the have faith camp. I don’t believe there will be any unforeseen nasties going forward but that is just my opinion and like anything else everyone is entitled to a viewpoint. The nasty diseases you refer too where from another era, medical science is much different from those days so have to have faith.

Latest posts