What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy related discussion

murraymob

Coach
Actually I stand corrected on the status of Brussels sprouts just had a memory of my father telling me if I want to make my next birthday I better start eating them

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Haha. For certain groups yes the vaccine is a no brainer but for young fit humans? Yeahnah

Obviously you have no knowledge about the polio epidemics, along with whooping cough etc.

Being young and fit doesn't save you. That is a myth. Go and have a look at Frank Pritchard's instagram and tell me would you like that outcome for you and yours. I understand Frank was unvaccinated.

soc123_au

Staff member
I’m in the have faith camp. I don’t believe there will be any unforeseen nasties going forward but that is just my opinion and like anything else everyone is entitled to a viewpoint. The nasty diseases you refer too where from another era, medical science is much different from those days so have to have faith.
Thats fair enough. I respect your right to trust the system. I just also respect the rights of those that dont trust the system. The system has failed many times before, so it's not like its a bizarre concept. It's worked in the past too, so hopefully it does this time.

DinkyDi

Juniors
I like them too if they are cooked correctly. I also like modern medicine for the most part, but that doesnt mean I have to be on board with every facet of it.
I agree with mandatory vaccinations. With the 12-15 and the 5-11 age groups, and they have a high compliance, I believe that the anti-vaxxers and in the minority.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Obviously you have no knowledge about the polio epidemics, along with whooping cough etc.

Being young and fit doesn't save you. That is a myth. Go and have a look at Frank Pritchard's instagram and tell me would you like that outcome for you and yours. I understand Frank was unvaccinated.
Those have zero to do with covid. Your blanket assumptions are unfounded nonsense

soc123_au

Staff member
Not sure what type or brand of Brussels sprouts you eat but eating or not eating is not going to land you in hospital
Brussels Sprouts have no bearing on the vaccine itself in my comment. The analogy is about the comments that the unvaxxed should be denied hospital treatment as if they dont embrace modern medicine then why should they benefit from it. The covid vax makes up a smaller percentage of the modern medicine spectrum than brussels sprouts percentage of the vegetable world.

soc123_au

Staff member
I agree with mandatory vaccinations. With the 12-15 and the 5-11 age groups, and they have a high compliance, I believe that the anti-vaxxers and in the minority.
"The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion..." - The Nuremberg Code.

I guess that's out the window then....

Smug Panther

First Grade
Why? Do they get to stop paying tax too? The attitude that those that choose to be unvaxxed dont have the right to hospital treatment is absurd.
Hard to say this without being a big noting wanker but I'm sure you and I pay/paid more tax than most

soc123_au

Staff member
Hard to say this without being a big noting wanker but I'm sure you and I pay/paid more tax than most
I know I've paid more than enough to expect hospital treatment regardless of my vaccination status. I reckon the tax on your ADA bag would pay for a small country town hospital. Ha ha.

DinkyDi

Juniors
"The voluntary consent of the human subject is absolutely essential. This means that the person involved should have legal capacity to give consent; should be so situated as to be able to exercise free power of choice, without the intervention of any element of force, fraud, deceit, duress, overreaching, or other ulterior form of constraint or coercion..." - The Nuremberg Code.

I guess that's out the window then....
I shall put it this way, we all have rules in which we must abide by, most are for our betterment. Do you adhere to the speed limit? Do drive after been on a all day bender? Do you drive after taking drugs, including, prescription ones, which can make you disorientated? No. Why? Because non compliance with these can, and do, cause fatalities, and non compliance with vaccinations has the same consequences.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I shall put it this way, we all have rules we must abide by, most are for our betterment. Do you adhere to the speed limit? Do drive after been on a all day bender? Do you drive after taking drugs, including, prescription ones, which can make you disorientated? No. Why? Because non compliance with these can, and do, cause fatalities, and non compliance with vaccinations has the same consequences.
None of those other things involve complying to have foreign substances injected into your body. It's not even close to the same thing.

I'm not against vaccinations, I think historically the good outweighs the bad. In this case though the goal posts are constantly moving and the testing phase is all but non existent. The question is, if the vax is so wonderful and you have taken it, then why do you give a f**k if anyone else takes it? Your protected? Or not really? If you get the smallpox jab then you can go and lick someone with smallpox and not have to worry. Covid not so much. Look back over the past 18 months to see how the vax narrative has changed. It's because it's still in the testing phase.

Smug Panther

First Grade
None of those other things involve complying to have foreign substances injected into your body. It's not even close to the same thing.

I'm not against vaccinations, I think historically the good outweighs the bad. In this case though the goal posts are constantly moving and the testing phase is all but non existent. The question is, if the vax is so wonderful and you have taken it, then why do you give a f**k if anyone else takes it? Your protected? Or not really? If you get the smallpox jab then you can go and lick someone with smallpox and not have to worry. Covid not so much. Look back over the past 18 months to see how the vax narrative has changed. It's because it's still in the testing phase.
A perfect post

Kilkenny

Coach
i
I know I've paid more than enough to expect hospital treatment regardless of my vaccination status. I reckon the tax on your ADA bag would pay for a small country town hospital. Ha ha.

I can only speak for my wife and I we’ve paid taxes all our life and have no qualms about such.

The only government assistance so to speak of was we did benefit from what was called family allowance many, many years ago. We got it for a couple of years and then our combined incomes put us over the limit. We have been fortunate, better off than most So no complaints.

I am not someone who subscribes to the theory individuals should be excluded from hospital care just because they are unvaccinated.

Kilkenny

Coach

I cannot agree.

I think the evidence is overwhelming in that the vaccines reduce the risk of death or serious illness.

At the end of the day that is the only thing that matters. If you are vaccinated and perhaps have had a booster shot then your risk is significantly reduced.

soc123_au

Staff member
i

I can only speak for my wife and I we’ve paid taxes all our life and have no qualms about such.

The only government assistance so to speak of was we did benefit from what was called family allowance many, many years ago. We got it for a couple of years and then our combined incomes put us over the limit. We have been fortunate, better off than most So no complaints.

I am not someone who subscribes to the theory individuals should be excluded from hospital care just because they are unvaccinated.
We agree then.

soc123_au

Staff member
I cannot agree.

I think the evidence is overwhelming in that the vaccines reduce the risk of death or serious illness.

At the end of the day that is the only thing that matters. If you are vaccinated and perhaps have had a booster shot then your risk is significantly reduced.
Then if you are up to date with your vaccines why does it matter what anyone else chooses to do?

DinkyDi

Juniors

I've battled COVID, and I am a carer. If my mother acquired COVID, it would kill her.