What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial: Eels v Dragons game day thread Feb 20 2022

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Dunster gone for the year, PCL, MCL and ACL…..

Gee it’s a tough game, he was all set up for a break out year!!

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah I'd lean with Russel. BA gave him a taste last season and he will be even more ready now.
Reality is once Sivo is fit there was a high chance Haze was a back up to him.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon Haze would have gone good and Sivo would have been struggling to get back in.

I actually wasnt overly impressed by simmonsen in sunday. Maybe i expected too much.

Canberra let him go without much fuss and paid more to get Cotric. I'd say Simmonson is on about 250k. He isn't a superstar. Just a solid NRL winger. He never will be come to what Cotric is imo. But he also will cost half.

I reckon Haze would have gone good and Sivo would have been struggling to get back in.

I actually wasnt overly impressed by simmonsen in sunday. Maybe i expected too much.
I agree but I’ve never really been a fan of the Simonsson signing. Seemed to run too sideways out our own end, was weak in contact on Suli which lead to a try and wasn’t in position to take the pinpoint kick from the shrub. We will need him to stand up big time especially in the wake of losing Hazey.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Canberra let him go without much fuss and paid more to get Cotric. I'd say Simmonson is on about 250k. He isn't a superstar. Just a solid NRL winger. He never will be come to what Cotric is imo. But he also will cost half.
The TCT talked him up like he was the second coming of Semi, he’s a more than decent NRL winger. But hardly the superstar we were hearing about.

hindy111

Post Whore
The TCT talked him up like he was the second coming of Semi, he’s a more than decent NRL winger. But hardly the superstar we were hearing about.

60s guy seems like a great bloke. But he also blew his nuts over Ogden,Morretti and JA also.
To be fair he did say Papali'i was going to be very good.But he does get way to excited about most players in general. Unless he was seeing how everyone else at the other 15 clubs train he has nothing to compare it too. But I enjoy his reports. He still would get a sense of who trains the hardest etc and he is passionate. It is up to yourself to filter what right and wrong

hindy111

Post Whore
So now we look forward to 2022.

We have a lot of spots to fill for 2023 with Kafusi,Papali'i and Marata gone. Mahoney spot is filled so we just need to hope Hodgson stays fit and doesn't become an old man fast.

I still think we are in an OK position for 2023. We also will have Mattersons 550k to spend. Or if we do sign him back up it won't be close to that.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ogden had nothing to play for unlike Makatoa,Kafusi,Stone and Rodwell. All are a chance for that empty two spots for rnd one with Marata suspended.
He had 10 weeks or so in NSW cup before he is eligible for NRL. Was there much purpose for him to bust his guts and not take it as a training run?

I reckon Greig has the jump on all of them btw. Starting to think Hollis might as well.