What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Agency 2022

nick87

Coach
strapped in for the Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Watson shit shows ahead.
Should be a fun off season

nick87

Coach
For the eagles, curious to see what they do with their draft picks... could trade them all for one of those qbs... they might trade back for future picks and flexibility and give Hurts another year to develop
Or they can just use them all, build around it and give up the earth later for a QB if Hurts doesnt turn out

In free agency, i'd love to get a big body to compliment Davonta Smith. Someone like Mike Williams, Al Robinson or DJ Chark would be awesome. The safety market looks good too, the eagles have a need there, Maye or Williams would be interesting big name players for the Eagles.

nick87

Coach
Davante Adams to Las Vegas hopefully. Hopefully upgrade at O-line and DB as well.

What happens with rodgers will dictate what happens from here, but either way, i cant see them letting Adams walk... at the very least they work the cap, tag him and at least get the proper compensation for him
No way the Raiders or any get in him true free agency imo

shiznit

Coach
What happens with rodgers will dictate what happens from here, but either way, i cant see them letting Adams walk... at the very least they work the cap, tag him and at least get the proper compensation for him
No way the Raiders or any get in him true free agency imo
Yup that’s how I see it…

a whole heap of Raider fans were excited because he just brought a new house in Vegas…

but whatever way the Rodgers issue goes… I can’t see him ending up a real free agent….

If Rodgers stays… there’s no f**king way he stays knowing his best target is being allowed to walk out the door…

If Rodgers goes… they probably want to give Love the best chance possible to succeed so giving him one of the best WR’s in the league will help that.

The only way a player like Adams hits the market is if plays on a tag for a few seasons and the salary hit becomes ridiculous like Kirk Cousins in Washington or Suh in Detroit…

Or you have multiple all pro players heading into free agency at the same time and you can’t tag em all… so they have to take their pick… but a half decent GM will see that coming years beforehand and structure deals to make sure it doesn’t happen.

Maybe Rodgers stays and demands such a big contract that GB don’t have the cap space to tag Adams.. but as I said earlier.. I doubt Rodgers stays if Adams is allowed to leave.

What I reckon would be interesting would be if the Raiders offered to trade Rodgers for Carr…

Denver, The Titans and The Steelers can offer multiple picks… but The Raiders can offer a good competitive QB who could keep GB good.

Carr isn’t Rodgers but he’s about a top 10 QB and he’s still got 5-10yrs of good football in him… he’s on a cheap deal this season so can re-up him or you can take a year to evaluate him and then decide to extend him

And Adams would likely be happy to stay and may even take less as Carr is his best friend.

Rodgers could be happy playing for a playoff team that wouldn’t have to be guttered of talent and picks just to acquire him…

and he could potentially relish going head to head with Mahomes and Herbert twice a year… 😂

it’s all a pipe dream completely made up in my head… but I reckon it could appeal to all parties…

maybe Rodgers turns it down as he’s been pretty much a mentor to Carr and might not want to take his job… 😂

shiznit

Coach
Sorry about that scattergun reply… COVID self-isolation is getting to me I reckon… 😂😂

shiznit

Coach
That’s a win-win deal for both teams IMO…

Denver get their QB and Seattle get a trove of picks and a couple of good young pieces to either build around or flip for more picks if they decide to blow it up and rebuild.

The Raiders should see if DK Metcalf is available…

Munky

Coach
That’s a win-win deal for both teams IMO…

Denver get their QB and Seattle get a trove of picks and a couple of good young pieces to either build around or flip for more picks if they decide to blow it up and rebuild.

The Raiders should see if DK Metcalf is available…

It's somewhat neutral for Seattle.

They pretty much gave up Wilson for Jamaal Adams...

Munky

Coach
Seattle with multiple 1st rounders should be hilarious at least

Seattle only have one pick in the first round.

Their original pick they donated to the Jets.

So they gave up Wilson and the 10th pick for Adams and the 9th pick.

Last edited:

kurt faulk

Coach

wussel wilson in his new broncos uniform.

15792_10774.jpg