What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Friday 1st April 8:05pm @BlueBet Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Time to shift focus and look towards what is going to be another bumper week for us. Another huge week as we take on the Panthers in a blockbuster Friday night game. That's right, it's the Grand Final rematch! I imagine there'll be a lot of feeling in this one. It's no secret I've developed a genuine dislike for Penrith to the point where I almost hate them and I'm sure they players feel it as well. I still have gotten over how they disrespected us after the 2020 Prelim and then again at times last year. They think they're entitled, they're arrogant, cocky, jumped up little pricks that think they're just so much better than everyone else. My blood boils just talking about it. So for me, this has become a big rivalry with Penrith and there's genuine hate there. Obviously now it's fueled by our Grand Final loss to them now too and although nothing will ever fix that hurt, beating them on home turf this week would somewhat be revenge.

As much as I dislike them, you do have to admit they have one hell of a side and a good system that has unfortunately brought them a lot of success in recent times. I have no doubt they'll be at their best in front of their home fans this week so it's going to be a real challenge for us that's for sure and we'll have to be on our game in all areas if we want to win because they have strike all over the park. I think our first port of call though is matching it with their forward pack, something we weren't able to do at times when we played last year. Fisher-Harris, Koroisau, Kikau, Yeo; It's one hell of a forward pack so we need to muscle up and take it to them this week. But even if we can do that through the middle, the job is only half done because they still have one of the best backlines in the comp. Edwards, Crichton, Tago. Luai, and obviously Cleary is going to be back too which will be another big focus for us. They just have strike everywhere you look and we have to match that or we'll be dead in the water against them again.

For us, the time has come to see where we're truly at in this early period of the Season. It's out biggest challenge so far there's no doubt about that but I'm sure our boys will be up for it. We performed really well to finish the Melbourne game and then a massive performance against the Roosters last week so it's all about building on that, keeping the momentum going and improving every week as we build. We'll take a lot of confidence out of playing those heavyweights so should come into this one against another heavyweight ready and raring to go. It's not hard to get up for a game against the Panthers these days. We're going to need to improve even more but I know we have it in us. Holding the ball is a must this week or we'll get punished and we still need to execute better. They're a good defensive side so our attack will need to be on and our defence will be tested by their great attack. I want to see us go in with the same physicality and mentality that we did against the Roosters, that's the blueprint and if we can do that, then we stand a chance.

So a huge game against a fellow Premiership contender and a team we really dislike. The Grand Final rematch!! Let's get out there and show this comp what we're made of!! Let's stick it to these Penrith pricks this week!! Friday can't come quick enough!

Smug Panther

First Grade
Time to shift focus and look towards what is going to be another bumper week for us. Another huge week as we take on the Panthers in a blockbuster Friday night game. That's right, it's the Grand Final rematch! I imagine there'll be a lot of feeling in this one. It's no secret I've developed a genuine dislike for Penrith to the point where I almost hate them and I'm sure they players feel it as well. I still have gotten over how they disrespected us after the 2020 Prelim and then again at times last year. They think they're entitled, they're arrogant, cocky, jumped up little pricks that think they're just so much better than everyone else. My blood boils just talking about it. So for me, this has become a big rivalry with Penrith and there's genuine hate there. Obviously now it's fueled by our Grand Final loss to them now too and although nothing will ever fix that hurt, beating them on home turf this week would somewhat be revenge.

As much as I dislike them, you do have to admit they have one hell of a side and a good system that has unfortunately brought them a lot of success in recent times. I have no doubt they'll be at their best in front of their home fans this week so it's going to be a real challenge for us that's for sure and we'll have to be on our game in all areas if we want to win because they have strike all over the park. I think our first port of call though is matching it with their forward pack, something we weren't able to do at times when we played last year. Fisher-Harris, Koroisau, Kikau, Yeo; It's one hell of a forward pack so we need to muscle up and take it to them this week. But even if we can do that through the middle, the job is only half done because they still have one of the best backlines in the comp. Edwards, Crichton, Tago. Luai, and obviously Cleary is going to be back too which will be another big focus for us. They just have strike everywhere you look and we have to match that or we'll be dead in the water against them again.

For us, the time has come to see where we're truly at in this early period of the Season. It's out biggest challenge so far there's no doubt about that but I'm sure our boys will be up for it. We performed really well to finish the Melbourne game and then a massive performance against the Roosters last week so it's all about building on that, keeping the momentum going and improving every week as we build. We'll take a lot of confidence out of playing those heavyweights so should come into this one against another heavyweight ready and raring to go. It's not hard to get up for a game against the Panthers these days. We're going to need to improve even more but I know we have it in us. Holding the ball is a must this week or we'll get punished and we still need to execute better. They're a good defensive side so our attack will need to be on and our defence will be tested by their great attack. I want to see us go in with the same physicality and mentality that we did against the Roosters, that's the blueprint and if we can do that, then we stand a chance.

So a huge game against a fellow Premiership contender and a team we really dislike. The Grand Final rematch!! Let's get out there and show this comp what we're made of!! Let's stick it to these Penrith pricks this week!! Friday can't come quick enough!
We think we are better than you because we are

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

We definitely should've won that grand final. Should be a good game, not too phased about the result this early in the year but it would be nice to get a win so we don't start the season 1-3.

Penrith have had a pretty easy run so far maybe except for last week but after Barnett got sent off it was game over.

I reckon Cody will have a blinder this game. He's probably been watching replays of the grand final and it hurts.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Just get off our forum,when typing mistakes happen,its something limited penrith minds cant and wont understand, we arent interested in your warped opinions,F off
Commenting on poor spelling and punctuation = warped opinions

Hoping for an injury = Upstanding behaviour

Cry harder

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
The chin has been cleared to play, i hope we test that shoulder out,penrith are arrogand cheats,heres hoping we can derail them,go the rabbits
See that's where it would have been useful to have someone like SuA to use as cannon fodder, spear him in to hurting the Chin.
We will have to find someone else who can be sacrificed this way.
Maybe Liam Knight

southsport

First Grade
It's been reported that Taaffe is ready to return to playing this week and that JD will have a selection headache between Taaffe and Havili for the #14 jersey.

callmack1

Staff member
"We're focused on playing good Footy" - Arrow: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/03/28/jai-arrow-media-round-four/

"We'll test him" - Arrow's warning to Cleary ahead of Grand Final re-match: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/28...ning-to-cleary-ahead-of-grand-final-re-match/

Love hearing Jai talk about this!! Although he's said he's not going to 'go after anyone' as such, it does light the fuse. I certainly haven't forgotten the Kikau and Arrow incident in the Grand Final last year and I'm sure the boys haven't either. Or the way he carried on and mocked us after the game either. Jeez, you wonder why I hate Penrith?!!

Mark Nicholls Media Round 4: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/03/28/mark-nicholls-media-round-4/

Latrell Mitchell's best still weeks away, says Billy Slater: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/billy-...abbitohs/5c0dff4f-441d-45f6-b0b4-2b90f4dfc870

callmack1

Staff member
My predicted line up for Round 4 against the Panthers is,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Milne
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Nicholls
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Host
15. Havili
16. Burgess
17. Knight

I don't think there'll be many changes to our winning side from last week. I know Taane and Jaxson switched again against the Roosters but from what JD has said, it sounds like that was more of a fitness issue for Taane. So I expect to see him start again at left centre and Jaxson on the wing. Hopefully Milne can do a job but if we need to switch them again during the game, then JD will.

There's some talk in the media this week that Taaffe is back. I could be wrong, but I don't think that's the case. Someone on another forum apparently spoke with his uncle last week who said Taaffey is still a week or two away so I'm expecting our bench to remain the same.

soc123_au

Staff member
It’s true though lay a finger on him penalty to you guys golden boy I know you know it deep down...
I'm not going to complain about it. It's not like it's a new thing though, you guys rode to a premiership in 2014 off the back of Sam Burgess dropping the ball for an easy penalty. Swings and roundabouts.

Latest posts