What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hook’s Days Numbered?

Crush

Coach
So by your logic here you'd be okay with your boss berating you and your colleagues performance in public?

Rugby league players are human beings too, there are ways to deliver feedback and crying foul to journalists isn't the way to do it. On the reverse you don't see players going to the media criticising the coach's ability either do you?

If you like this in press conferences maybe go back and watch Dean Young's pressers from his time as caretaker coach.
Completely happy with my boss saying there are members of the team that are not pulling their weight, in fact it happens all the time. It keeps people on their toes.
I’d love to see Hook show a bit of negative emotion when we lose badly like we have been, talking about how strong the opposition were is loser mentality.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
As far as Hook is concerned yes hes made some blunders re selections (and continues to) and yes hes been involved in signing journeymen from other clubs and yes his ideas maybe old school at times, and yes his game plan in todays 6 again does need some tweaking.....Im well aware of all these shortcomings but I wont accept what some are saying on here in regards to his age and its a younger mans coaching gig now...to me thats utter garbage.....hes 55 ffs...Bennett is 72.....Hasler is 61 and Bellamy is 62.....in short hes only part of our problems the other part and the biggest part is its about time our blokes started pulling their fingers out, putting in for 80 mins , stop whining and whingeing and dropping their bundle when things start to unravel and putting some pride and passion back into the jersey that they get well paid for

BBTB

Juniors
As far as Hook is concerned yes hes made some blunders re selections (and continues to) and yes hes been involved in signing journeymen from other clubs and yes his ideas maybe old school at times, and yes his game plan in todays 6 again does need some tweaking.....Im well aware of all these shortcomings but I wont accept what some are saying on here in regards to his age and its a younger mans coaching gig now...to me thats utter garbage.....hes 55 ffs...Bennett is 72.....Hasler is 61 and Bellamy is 62.....in short hes only part of our problems the other part and the biggest part is its about time our blokes started pulling their fingers out, putting in for 80 mins , stop whining and whingeing and dropping their bundle when things start to unravel and putting some pride and passion back into the jersey that they get well paid for
Hooks record speaks for itself......13 games 1 win.

Dragon David

First Grade
It certainly isn't an age thing and you have given names of some who are older and still going strong. I think it is a combination of Hook's and his support staff's lacking in ability to provide quality coaching and man management together with the players not being committed to playing for a full 80 minutes especially when their guard drops and their confidence shattered by some of their stupid errors and may I say it, refs decisions.

If only the stars could all align for everything to click in our favour and we win the next game. Once this is achieved, they should be able to use that win as a constant reminder as to how the game should be played by them.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Lol, it’s a public forum, not sure what you want?
Yes that's right it is a public forum for supporters of the team. What I want in that regard is if you're going to make a sweeping statement such as 'Hook has the spine he wants/team he wants' and then attempt to justify it with 'I reckon' and 'I was told' to substantiate it with some fact instead of hearsay.

Mistruths based on hyperbole in an attempt to belittle persons associated with our team isn't what most on a public supporters forum would come to expect to read.

If you're going to criticise at least base it on factual statements is the point.

BBTB

Juniors
It certainly isn't an age thing and you have given names of some who are older and still going strong. I think it is a combination of Hook's and his support staff's lacking in ability to provide quality coaching and man management together with the players not being committed to playing for a full 80 minutes especially when their guard drops and their confidence shattered by some of their stupid errors and may I say it, refs decisions.

If only the stars could all align for everything to click in our favour and we win the next game. Once this is achieved, they should be able to use that win as a constant reminder as to how the game should be played by them.
Definitely not Hooks age.
It's the ability of Griffin & his
Staff.They seem to have lost
the players support.
The continually chopping & changing.
The up& down form of players.
Griffin should be given another few games to improve, or get him out of there....
After all we have a ready made coach waiting .A premiership winner.
FLANAGAN.

Crush

Coach
Yes that's right it is a public forum for supporters of the team. What I want in that regard is if you're going to make a sweeping statement such as 'Hook has the spine he wants/team he wants' and then attempt to justify it with 'I reckon' and 'I was told' to substantiate it with some fact instead of hearsay.

Mistruths based on hyperbole in an attempt to belittle persons associated with our team isn't what most on a public supporters forum would come to expect to read.

If you're going to criticise at least base it on factual statements is the point.
Mate what are you talking about?
I reckon Hook recruited Mbye to play fullback (it’s my opinion, please feel free to disregard it, the “I reckon” part should tell you it’s my opinion)
I was told that Bird would play 6 (I’m not going to post who told me on a public forum, again feel free to disregard it if you like)
I posted back in about August last year that we’d see a spine of Bird, Mbye, Hunt, McCulloch. Hook has the spine he wants. If this wasn’t fact then HE WOULDNT BE SELECTING THIS SPINE, 3 of which he brought to the club himself!

TruSaint

Referee
I reckon Hook recruited Mbye to play fullback (it’s my opinion, please feel free to disregard it, the “I reckon” part should tell you it’s my opinion)
I was told that Bird would play 6 (I’m not going to post who told me on a public forum, again feel free to disregard it if you like)
I posted back in about August last year that we’d see a spine of Bird, Mbye, Hunt, McCulloch. Hook has the spine he wants. If this wasn’t fact then HE WOULDNT BE SELECTING THIS SPINE, 3 of which he brought to the club himself!

What you posted was also mentioned months ago by several respected members on JA.

Irrespective, you dont need to qualify your posts to anyone. As you said, it's a forum and people should feel free to post their opinions.

There's always an ignore function.

👍

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Woah ease up on the caps, bro. Take a deep breath it's okay.

I disagree with your insinuation this is the spine or the team Hook wants. The facts are that he has had 1 off season for recruiting new players since he became coach, it's not as if there is a comp wide draft each year and a coach gets their pick of the litter is it? It's unfair on any coach who hasn't had a number of seasons to recruit/promote to say this is a team/spine they wanted, completely flawed.

Crush

Coach
Woah ease up on the caps, bro. Take a deep breath it's okay.

I disagree with your insinuation this is the spine or the team Hook wants. The facts are that he has had 1 off season for recruiting new players since he became coach, it's not as if there is a comp wide draft each year and a coach gets their pick of the litter is it? It's unfair on any coach who hasn't had a number of seasons to recruit/promote to say this is a team/spine they wanted, completely flawed.
Good bro, disagree with my opinion, now you’re getting how a forum works!
2 seasons, 30% win rate, 1 win from the past 14 games, selecting a spine of journeymen all of who he brought into the club from outside, besides Hunt.
McCulloch as his 9.
Ouch.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hooks record speaks for itself......13 games 1 win.
Yes what you say is true...no argument from me with the stats... but to suggest hes to old for todays game is total bullshit in anyones language....its not just "HIS" record let me add....."ITS" the players record as well.......Im not supporting Griffin one way or the other as i pointed out in my post Hook has his shortcomings but I get sick and tired of hearing its everyones fault but the players

SAP58

Juniors
It not going to happen but I would love to see Hook do a Sticky & give the team a massive serve after one of their mediocre performances rather than the usual dribble. I would feel a lot better if I saw some passion like Stuart does & tell all its just isnt good enough !