What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs South Sydney @ CommBank Stadium, Parramatta

Who will win? Round 7: Wests Tigers v South Sydney

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macnaz

Staff member
As much we bag Brookes for some dumb stuff ..fmd he does have a lot of positives we overlook .. his defence is tougher then any half in the comp and he is the only one we have that can score a long range try. The guy gives his all , even though sometimes it may not be enough ...with Hastings he doesn't need to do everything now.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I'm over the moon. 2 absolute thrillers and we are on the winning side of the scoreboard against two fancied teams in the comp.

Lets build on this and not put this good patch of form to waste

Tigerm

First Grade
I was scared early, when Musgrove was doing his hit ups, I was waiting for him to drop it, he ended up having a great one. Though he was one of many.

Pezz70

Juniors
Just looking at the draw, if we keep
Going with this sort of grit the next six games really are winnable

WA Tiger

Bench
That’s the second game we should have definitely! lost, but we didn’t ?? Who’s the dumbo that let Reynolds go? who cares!
Get TTTamau off the the post match interview PPPlease
The sideline players looked great in their formal attire after the game

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tonight’s game was very whacky, nowhere near the standard of last weeks match. We were the better team and souths were very poor, we should have won by 12+. Weirdly I always felt like we were going to win that, unlike last week where I was just waiting for the loss.

In saying that we were missing plenty and sadly now will have Laurie out for a few, on the plus side Simpkin, Tuilagi and jet should be back next week and apparently Stef is only 2 weeks away

We’ve got 4 very ‘winnable’ games coming up and need to continue this high. Yeah we’ve been great but are still 2-5 and 15th. If we lose to the dragons next week it’s all been for nothing

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
As much we bag Brookes for some dumb stuff ..fmd he does have a lot of positives we overlook .. his defence is tougher then any half in the comp and he is the only one we have that can score a long range try. The guy gives his all , even though sometimes it may not be enough ...with Hastings he doesn't need to do everything now.

I'll go out on a limb and say that Hastings and Brooks could very well end up among the best of the halves pairings in the comp...their confidence and control is very much reminding me of the early DCE and Foran.
To add...Koroisau won't hurt either

Das Hassler

Bench
I was actually glad to have Tamau back on late in the game...also glad to not have Peachey out there. I hope that watching from the sideline for the full 80 minutes he got a clue as to why he WASN'T out there.

Tigers1986

Juniors
96% completion rate is amazing. The defense was great as well, minus a few lapses. But there was HUNGER, none moreso than when Liddle ran down Ilias. Game changing momentum that. We pressured them for the field goal resulting in Arrow mucking it up. It was nice to see Brooksy nail the winner. I screamed so loud when To'a caught that kickoff too.

I'm so happy. We knocked off the Eels and Rabbits, and the Fox germs have NOTHING to bag us on for another week.

Huge thing for next week is to back it up against lower quality opponents - the type of game we might be expected to win and uh, don't. Realistically we could put 20 on the Saints.

Latest posts