What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs South Sydney @ CommBank Stadium, Parramatta

Who will win? Round 7: Wests Tigers v South Sydney

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
As much we bag Brookes for some dumb stuff ..fmd he does have a lot of positives we overlook .. his defence is tougher then any half in the comp and he is the only one we have that can score a long range try. The guy gives his all , even though sometimes it may not be enough ...with Hastings he doesn't need to do everything now.
100% and this is something that his supporters have never understood about his critics…we never said he can’t play the game. We said he is not a leader and he is not game controlling halfback.
After 8 years, those roles have been given to another and look at the dividends it’s paying.

Two x 80 minute performances, two weeks in a row against two highly rated squads where we overcame the in-game loss of spine players and still got the wins.

JohnnyThailand

Juniors
First game I've actually been able to watch all season due to time differences and work etc. My little girl is only 3 years old and already understands what to do when Daddy is watching a Tigers game. She screams at the TV 'Hit them! Hit them!' and gets all excited when I do. Got a really great memory today with my daughter thanks to the performance from the boys. Really happy for them to continue that good feeling from last week.

gordsy

Juniors
It wasn't perfect and most teams are rarely great but we found a way to win.
I am pleased that Brooks got nailed that field goal. Hopefully that inspires some self belief and pushes him to do better.

100% and this is something that his supporters have never understood about his critics…we never said he can’t play the game.
100% Stryker, it has frustrated me that his supporters have not understood this fact. 10 years of coaches and supporters sticking by him as the 7 and team leader when others who do know what they are talking about (for the most part) have said get rid of him. Get rid of him because he was not the team leader the team should have had.

Great defender though.

I have been a big supporter of Liddle and in many ways he is very much like Brooks, he won’t go down as a great 9, no doubt a great club man, so so service from dummy half in many games but, he’s always there, excellent numbers with his tackle count, can make breaks and would have ‘rated’ higher if only his team mates could have supported him.

Good luck to both of them.

Just came back to add. I do think that Garner could end up as the ideal 14. Some sprint training might see his replacement role as a centre turn out very well, perhaps back to his days at Manly playing with Turbo and Nicko Haynes, he actually looks happy and I’d be happy for him to stay.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
That’s the second game we should have definitely! lost, but we didn’t ?? Who’s the dumbo that let Reynolds go? who cares!
Get TTTamau off the the post match interview PPPlease
The sideline players looked great in their formal attire after the game
Not sure what you want from him, he is with the team to play footy, not be the TV guy?

I would think it would be a little daunting, to sit there in front of a group of people and cameras and not feel a little nervous, I thought he spoke pretty well considering.

WA Tiger

Bench
Not sure what you want from him, he is with the team to play footy, not be the TV guy?

I would think it would be a little daunting, to sit there in front of a group of people and cameras and not feel a little nervous, I thought he spoke pretty well considering.
YYYour KKKidding right
Would be ok if he made sense or be captain like and express one idea at a time instead of 3 and then get all tangled up, but he can’t even do that . He’s an embarrassment to the club

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
YYYour KKKidding right
Would be ok if he made sense or be captain like and express one idea at a time instead of 3 and then get all tangled up, but he can’t even do that . He’s an embarrassment to the club
NNNo
Agree though, he probably wont have a career at Fox when he retires.
He’s playing well atm though?

WA Tiger

Bench
NNNo
Agree though, he probably wont have a career at Fox when he retires.
He’s playing well atm though?
I don’t mind the stuttering so much coz he’s nervous … I’d just like him to make a point that you can agree with and isn’t some concocted line with “as Madge said” in it or “I’ll keep going back” where he ends up saying nothing really

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Of course Jack’s would have declined the offer of joining Madge as all very baddest, arse kicking, humble stars can sometimes do

WA Tiger

Bench
100% and this is something that his supporters have never understood about his critics…we never said he can’t play the game. We said he is not a leader and he is not game controlling halfback.
After 8 years, those roles have been given to another and look at the dividends it’s paying.

Two x 80 minute performances, two weeks in a row against two highly rated squads where we overcame the in-game loss of spine players and still got the wins.
Yip now he just needs to remember to look where his players outside him are at,before he passes the ball.
And he threw one shit pass to Nofo. That stuff should be basics for a half..

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Yip now he just needs to remember to look where the players are at where he’s passing before he passes the ball.
And he threw one shit pass to Nofo. That’s gotta be fixable youd think
Brooks threw half a dozen really poor balls last night, three or four went to nobody, and a couple of others had the receivers on a hiding to nothing, but overall he had a fair game.
I’m really liking the quick switch of sides, it has worked both against Parra and south’s, where Brooks starts the play on one side of the ruck and quickly chimes in on the other, there were two beautiful examples moving from left to right side in the two games, it’s a set play that seems effective. His last two games have been much better, I wouldn’t say outstanding though.

Hastings mouth makes a massive difference to the tigers team. Laurie looks like he is getting some confidence back shame about the injury. He still has work to do especially at the back but his attack has come on in the last couple of weeks.

Tamou has had close to his two best games for the club in the last two weeks hope he keeps it going.

Overall our forwards have really picked up their work rate, some are still a little bit behind but if you look at the stats some players have doubled their input, it’s really impressive. Seyfarth 50 tackles last night, great effort. Offa, Twal and Tamou had over 15 hitups and all of them
Had over 30 tackles.

Last edited:
Well finally we have a decent half and 5/8 combination, what a difference that makes, we
have our #9 sorted for next season, now if we could just sign a couple of outside backs that are threatening out wide.

Fordy20

Juniors
Professional foul. Made a tackle from an offside position when the ball carrier was in a try scoring position

The Rosco

Bench
Isn't this nice ?
The whole team has lifted.
We bagged them for not putting in, and now they look like they actually do give a fkk, and are playing with respect for each other.
Not one player hasn't improved, but the best improvement will come over the coming weeks when the understanding between Jacko and Brooks will continue to grow . . . especially against some weaker opponents than the last 2. We should see our attack come along.
If we can keep this effort up, it should be all we ask for.
Let's not look too far ahead with talk of finals, etc . . . . be happy for we we are at, and get even happier that we have Stefano and Adam to come back soon.
Stef will only add to our pack, and Douehi in the centres will add another creative attacking option 1 or 2 wide of our 6 & 7. I was going to say that we'll have attacking options that will force opponents to make hard defensive decisions . . . . but that's getting ahead of myself.
Enjoy it mates. Give it hard to the merkins at work that have poked fun at you.
Remember the fallen tomorrow. Enjoy a beer or 26, good luck at 2 up.
Tell anyone who'll listen that you are a WT supporter. And even those that won't.

I would have posted this last night but my brain / keyboard coordination wasn't at it's best by full time, but I was extremely impressed by Hastings post match interview. He downplayed his his own contribution even though it was massive, and heaped praise on his all his team mates. Very humble and now a great team first man and a leader the club has been sorely lacking.

Very impressive both on and off the field. We haven't had a good organising half since Prince left. Problem solved now. And how about his goal kicking? Another problem solved.

Latest posts