What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Lomax the ordinary player
Fittler did not call him that. Read my post. Lomax was good when he was having smart service from our last playmaker in Widdop. He is sloppy now because we have no decent playmakers. He is not a structured player performs best when given space by good distribution. If he is not getting that then I say give him a crack at the back where he can be let loose to better perform his skills.

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
This hurts the most. When you think of the amazing legacy left by our great St George sides of the 50/60s to the sorry state we are in these days.. it cuts deep.
Until we as members,get to vote these moronic imbercile out of our club, nothing will
change. Doust is the main culprit. Now he's back on the committee. After ushering in the useless Gordon's, only to turn up again to stick his nose back in the trough, after we thought he'd retired.
Surely we have some legal people, able to help rid us of these unscrupulous people.

Carlton

Juniors
Fittler did not call him that. Read my post. Lomax was good when he was having smart service from our last playmaker in Widdop. He is sloppy now because we have no decent playmakers. He is not a structured player performs best when given space by good distribution. If he is not getting that then I say give him a crack at the back where he can be let loose to better perform his skills.
Sorry but Widdop did not give smart service and Lomax has not progressed since his entry into first grade. He is not sloppy because of the lack of decent playmakers (this is a separate issue). He is sloppy because of his own poor decision making and no matter how you look at it a centre has to be a structure player. They can have x factor but they need to be in position for moves and run the lines and play the role.

I do agree that our backline doesnt get the ball early or quick enough and this means our attack is always rushed and under pressure. Our execution is poor because they dont have the time to run the plays, this is due to slow service from dummy half, slow service from half, attack often too flat and opposition teams being allowed to leave early in defence.

Old Timer

Coach
Sorry but Widdop did not give smart service and Lomax has not progressed since his entry into first grade. He is not sloppy because of the lack of decent playmakers (this is a separate issue). He is sloppy because of his own poor decision making and no matter how you look at it a centre has to be a structure player. They can have x factor but they need to be in position for moves and run the lines and play the role.

I do agree that our backline doesnt get the ball early or quick enough and this means our attack is always rushed and under pressure. Our execution is poor because they dont have the time to run the plays, this is due to slow service from dummy half, slow service from half, attack often too flat and opposition teams being allowed to leave early in defence.
We are also a demonstrably slow side so they have to stand much flatter which causes major timing issues especially for set plays not that we have many.

Our lack of depth is not just a roster issue.

Yow

Juniors
We are also a demonstrably slow side so they have to stand much flatter which causes major timing issues especially for set plays not that we have many.

Our lack of depth is not just a roster issue.
He is a very good player once if given early ball

Lomax has been in better form over his short career.. no doubt about that. But if we take a look at current stats from his five games they a dont add up to all the flack he has been copping. He has the third most runs and metres, among the top five tackle busts, top three tackles for backs plus he adds valuable points with his accurate goal kicking. His most negative stats are a lofty error count. Needs to get his discipline in check.

possm

Coach
Lomax is a great centre, he just needs to pull his head in and concentrate on his game.

coastiedragon

Juniors
I thought lomax had a great game. No bullshit ran hard tackled hard f@#k klemmer who's he let frizz handle his battles klemmer just pussed he can't get 8 or 10

blacksafake

First Grade
There’s certainly a difference in attack from Zac the last two weeks. His first instinct has been to run, step or fend first instead of the flick.
He had a couple of opportunities to throw the flick against the knights but didn’t.
Ran a couple of tough lines under pressure off Hunt too.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
There’s certainly a difference in attack from Zac the last two weeks. His first instinct has been to run, step or fend first instead of the flick.
He had a couple of opportunities to throw the flick against the knights but didn’t.
Ran a couple of tough lines under pressure off Hunt too.
Tbh i think some of the issues for Lomax is he doesnt get enough early ball.....Hunt at times crabs sideways, just about hands the ball to Bird who in return passes the ball to Lomax and by this time has 2 or 3 defenders from a sliding defence to contend with.....it was particularly noticeable that Suli got early ball on Sunday and as a result was able to make inroads into the defensive line by running good lines.....just something Hook needs to address soon.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Totally agree, this guy has talent ( if he can just pull his head in) give him early ball and let him show what he can do.
if he was playing at one of the bigger clubs behind a forward pack that wins the battle he would be one of the best centres in the comp. Said it before he reminds me of Mark Gasnier. Imagine him at Melb, he would be devastating. Shame that our style of play limits his talent. Imagine we get a little bit of ascendancy and the 5/8 throws him the ball whilst their backpedaling, he would carve them up, full back on his inside and winger hopefully on his outside.

Dragon for life

Juniors
He is a very good player once if given early ball
Set play you mean!! Second man to second man whilst crabbing across the field! Please guys surely you can come with at least one more alternative. If you did you would probs score because the opposition won’t be ready for it😂

BBTB

Juniors
That is astounding. After the constant vitriol he copped the first time here.. you'd think he'd wanna show the place a wide berth.
Not Doust, Andrew Gordon, got him back in. Payment for his dodgy deal, got the Gordon's in for 6m, when other offers of 13m where ignored.

possm

Coach
And later the Craig Young to Chairman deal. Will it all be over when Craig Young gets his golden handshake from his current position or is their still one more deal to be done; Dean Young to head coach.