What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to the comp, Redcliffe.

Perth Red

Post Whore

arlc happy with dolphins progress
Again that is not what it actually says, can you read? It says is among the preferred options, not that they ARE the preferred option!

“while a second New Zealand team is among the preferred options for expansion.”

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tha
Y

That is the ONLY article he said that and was last year, and since then has backtracked on it to say they are open to other markets, including Vlandys mentioning perth or EVEN NZ, suggesting perth is before nz in his thinking,

you’re literally posting articles from this year against your argument that nz is a done deal lol

Wb1234

Referee
Tha

That is the ONLY article he said that and was last year, and since then has backtracked on it to say they are open to other markets, including Vlandys mentioning perth or EVEN NZ, suggesting perth is before nz in his thinking,
Lmao that article is seven days old

sure he said the same stuff as last time hence your confusion

it literally says he again mentioned nz2

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lmao that article is seven days old

sure he said the same stuff as last time hence your confusion

it literally says he again mentioned nz2
Geez you’re hard work, the comment they are talking about in that article was from last years article! Try reading the bloody things!

”Abdo has said previously”

Wb1234

Referee
Geez you’re hard work, the comment they are talking about in that article was from last years article! Try reading the bloody things!

”Abdo has said previously”
If you had read this first paragraph of the article you would see it’s a new interview

“nrl boss Andrew adbo has ONCE AGAIN backed …”

so the arlc will have added two new teams and neither will be Perth

Menaiduck

Juniors
If you had read this first paragraph of the article you would see it’s a new interview

I prefer Perth but it’s going to be funny as feck if it isn’t!

MugaB

Coach
Tha

you’re literally posting articles from this year against your argument that nz is a done deal lol
P.N.G bro

it will come down to what does australian tv want, as they still run the game really, and who has the Best chance at financial sustainability.
I’d be amazed if those aren’t the two key criteria to where the next club goes.
There's only one bid that ticks all of those boxes. Brisbane Firehawks. Hence the reason Abdo told them they're still a chance of being included as the 18th team. They'll be the fall back option if Ch9 and Foxtel say no to Perth and NZ2. Let's hope the game is in a strong enough position to not let the broadcasters dictate where the next team is from.

Wb1234

Referee
Mate, give it a rest. There's zero chance of PNG getting a team before 2050.
Tbf you wanted a team in Singapore

png isn’t a dead duck who knows what the future holds for rugby league.

all we can say now is there are 3 better bids than png ie nz2 south western Brisbane and Perth

if the nrl wants to go beyond 20 teams then png Adelaide and central coast are clear chances

Perth Red

Post Whore

Geez! No they’ve taken his recent comments about investment in participation and pathways and spun it to sound like he’s backing in nz2. He literally didn’t say anything about nz2 in that interview lol. He said they are open to new markets. I’ve shown you what he actually said and it wasnt anything like arlc favour nz2!

like I said it will be whoever fox want.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Geez! No they’ve taken his recent comments about investment in participation and pathways and spun it to sound like he’s backing in nz2. He literally didn’t say anything about nz2 in that interview lol. He said they are open to new markets. I’ve shown you what he actually said and it wasnt anything like arlc favour nz2!

like I said it will be whoever fox want.
So they made it up lol

ok if it makes you feel better maybe they misquoted him the first time too and he never actually supported an nz bid

ngl the funniest thing is literally everything you’ve predicted over the past 6 months about the tv deal and expansion the arlc did the opposite of what you said

Perth Red

Post Whore
So they made it up lol

ok if it makes you feel better maybe they misquoted him the first time too and he never actually supported an nz bid

ngl the funniest thing is literally everything you’ve predicted over the past 6 months about the tv deal and expansion the arlc did the opposite of what you said
They made the headline up, absolutely. At no point in the interview does he say the arlc is favouring nz2. he clearly states they are open to new markets as I have shown you. How hard is that to understand?

no he is clearly stated as favouring nz2 in that interview last year. What’s interesting is since that interview he and Vlandys have backtracked and now have both said things that would suggest it’s anything but a done deal. How hard is that To understand?

Tbf you wanted a team in Singapore

png isn’t a dead duck who knows what the future holds for rugby league.

all we can say now is there are 3 better bids than png ie nz2 south western Brisbane and Perth

if the nrl wants to go beyond 20 teams then png Adelaide and central coast are clear chances

If the NRL wants to truly expand and command the money it needs to dominate AwFuL then it will need to look at the SE Asian market within the next 30 years. There's only so much money in Australia and New Zealand and more than half of the world's population lives within the Valeriepieris circle, which has a 4000km radius and includes SE Asia. We're living in the Asian Century and if we do not want to become a feeder competition to the growing World Rugby then we need more money from more markets to counter onionball's growth in Asia and Europe.

The NFL have plans on adding a team in London, despite gridiron being a minority sport in England. Money talks.

Just like the is zero chance of you not talking about, .....

1.Singapore..
2.Nswrl and pokies, and stealing qld talent..
3. Just being a moron
4. Logan having any NRL presence.... ever
5. Rationalization in sydney
6. All of these on fkn repeat

I haven't spoken about Singapore in months. You and @Wb1234 talk about it more than I ever did.

Most of your posts are filled with insults and promote absurd fantasies like bringing back the Bears, relocating Roosters to Adelaide because you hate them and basing the PNG Pride in Cairns. I do not insult you because I accept that you're entitled to opinions - - even though I disagree with you most of the time and think you rarely say anything pertinent - - but I have zero respect for you because you're a "do as I say, not as I do" type of person.