What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woosh

Head Moderator
I think Bradman Best would do well to go to St Helens and learn under Woolfy. His confidence is shot, he is injury prone, and he is off the pace here. It happens. Doesn’t mean he can’t fulfill his potential. Sione has never played better footy. It is a myth to suggest a player cannot improve over there. Look at Hastings.

I mentioned it before Best was always heading down the Sione’s path.
The problem with players like Best/Sione/Siuatonga Likiliki they dominated in the juniors because of their size and never needed any other skill.
I would shift him one in to see how he goes before considering shipping him off to the Super League.

perverse

Referee
I mentioned it before Best was always heading down the Sione’s path.
The problem with players like Best/Sione/Siuatonga Likiliki they dominated in the juniors because of their size and never needed any other skill.
I would shift him one in to see how he goes before considering shipping him off to the Super League.
I don't think the jury is in yet on Best. He has certainly plateaued, but he's 20 years old. You're talking like he also hasn't shown speed and ball skills, which he absolutely has - and not just as once-offs.

But yes, he could be going better. There are much bigger issues in the team than Bradman Best right now.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
My issue with Best is similar to my feelings on the Titans with Fifita.
It's all about how they're used. Both would benefit with clean early ball in space. Even better, having the team create space for them to work like the Panthers do with Kikau.
Instead both are primarily used on crash balls.

PhilGould

Bench
I get some of the pessimism on Best but there's no way you give up on a 20-year old as gifted as he is without trying different things first. Certainly not the first at his age to have injuries or consistency issues.

Maybe drop him back to reggies or even Jersey Flegg (still eligible) so he can remind himself how good he can be. Maybe try him on the right edge. Maybe at second-row or wing even.

Yosh

Coach
Put him in the Storm system for half a season in Olam's position and he would be Dally M centre. There is an issue with our system.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
There’s been word recently that Chanel Harris-Tevita will probably be leaving the warriors. He’d be a good pickup for a halves position imo. He’s also a tough defender who puts his body on the line. From memory he’s also a goal kicker too which we still need.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I don't think the jury is in yet on Best. He has certainly plateaued, but he's 20 years old. You're talking like he also hasn't shown speed and ball skills, which he absolutely has - and not just as once-offs.

But yes, he could be going better. There are much bigger issues in the team than Bradman Best right now.

No one is saying Best is the biggest issue in the side.
It’s a discussion about Best’s best position moving forward.

PhilGould

Bench
No further context given. Article is on the Broncos hoping to re-sign him and mentions us along with the Dolphins & Eels as teams that have made an offer.

He would be our best centre on form but still a weird fit with Gagai & Best. One of the 3 would have to move to the wing. Wouldn't complain if we got him though.

Could also just be media talk.

Last edited:

Knight Tales

Juniors
If we are offering Farnworth a contract then that doesn’t sound like a club who sees Bradman as a centre as Farnworth plays left.

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
Maybe drop him back to reggies or even Jersey Flegg (still eligible) so he can remind himself how good he can be. Maybe try him on the right edge. Maybe at second-row or wing even.

Sadly these days, you drop a player of Best’s profile and he’ll soon be seeking an early release and announced as a star signing for the Dolphins.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Best is pure class, a 20 year old playing in a team running next to last in the comp is never going too look too good.

Put him in the Storm or Rorters and he'd be debuting for the Blues this year. He is 1 of a select group we can build a team around- any suggestion otherwise is nonesense.

perverse

Referee
No one is saying Best is the biggest issue in the side.
It’s a discussion about Best’s best position moving forward.
I don't see any point in moving him at this point. He has illustrated a tonne of speed and ability to beat his opposite on enough occasions at his age. If we start moving him around and changing his body too much we absolutely will end up with another Sione. He's still learning his craft, in a struggling team. Leave him be for mine.

Old dog

Juniors
Our current situation is lack of quality halves and short at least one 2nd row.
Dont need other positions as badly as those so fix that first then look to other positions, areas.