What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

PhilGould

Bench

This from Toohey should ease the paranoia. Been picked up by English RL media now too.

Wayne has history of letting it slip when he misses out on a target.

Still Nutty

Juniors
Wayne apparently let it slip that he's chosen Newcastle over the Dolphins so it seems to be a done deal.

This from Toohey should ease the paranoia. Been picked up by English RL media now too.

Wayne has history of letting it slip when he misses out on a target.
Also some supporting 'confirmation' in the English press as you flagged...

Knight Tales

Juniors
Wayne’s obsession with this club is borderline pathological now. I think it bothers him we have WESTS behind us and we are actually better off now than under Tinkler. Actually getting the players we are after.

Yosh

Coach
Wayne’s obsession with this club is borderline pathological now. I think it bothers him we have WESTS behind us and we are actually better off now than under Tinkler. Actually getting the players we are after.

Or we are easy pickings. He wouldn't dare raid the Storm for example.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Bennett's obession is with Bennett. Bloke is full of himself.

The resentment toward Newy is the promised 3rd party deals, and hence the stacked deck he usually works with wasnt forthcoming at the Knights, and ultimately tarnished the myth.

Willie Ray

Bench
Bennett's obession is with Bennett. Bloke is full of himself.

The resentment toward Newy is the promised 3rd party deals, and hence the stacked deck he usually works with wasnt forthcoming at the Knights, and ultimately tarnished the myth.
Absolutely...
"Tarnished the myth"......I like that.

TDD91

Juniors
KPP is still yet to cement his place as a full time starter at Wigan, he was doing a good job at centre to start this season prior to his injury which has ruled him out since Round 6 back in March and there's no estimate for his return currently. He's very raw, but promising. I'd rather he spent another couple years in Super League before going Down Under, but can't blame the kid for taking the chance if he's offered it.

Still Nutty

Juniors
KPP is still yet to cement his place as a full time starter at Wigan, he was doing a good job at centre to start this season prior to his injury which has ruled him out since Round 6 back in March and there's no estimate for his return currently. He's very raw, but promising. I'd rather he spent another couple years in Super League before going Down Under, but can't blame the kid for taking the chance if he's offered it.
Thanks for the input/insight TDD - I understand the theory but I'll say that Dom Young has thrived in his opportunity to develop here and I think that is because he made the decision to come early and it has improved and sped up his development no end, IMHO.

He is an NRL quality player now, already in the top half of quality wingers because of that decision and his learning curve is still trending up - I think KPP would also potentially benefit in the same way.

aqua_duck

Coach
Thanks for the input/insight TDD - I understand the theory but I'll say that Dom Young has thrived in his opportunity to develop here and I think that is because he made the decision to come early and it has improved and sped up his development no end, IMHO.

He is an NRL quality player now, already in the top half of quality wingers because of that decision and his learning curve is still trending up - I think KPP would also potentially benefit in the same way.
same with a guy like Herbie Farnworth, moved to Australia as an 18 year old out of high school and is now one of the best centres in the game. I think talent wise and as pure athletes the English lads are right up there just need abit of time to get used to the extra physicality in the NRL, and in many cases its better to get them young and let them grow up with the way the game is played down here

PhilGould

Bench
All the games I've watched of him this year he's been wasted at right centre barely touching the ball, which I don't think will be his position over here. Majority of his standout plays are just him making things happen with his footwork or offload. He'll benefit from playing with playmakers who can put him in better spots (hopefully we can provide that). Got all the natural ability and smarts you could want from a back-rower.

Biggest focus will be putting more muscle on and getting used to the physicality.

aqua_duck

Coach
All the games I've watched of him this year he's been wasted at right centre barely touching the ball, which I don't think will be his position over here. Majority of his standout plays are just him making things happen with his footwork or offload. He'll benefit from playing with playmakers who can put him in better spots (hopefully we can provide that). Got all the natural ability and smarts you could want from a back-rower.

Biggest focus will be putting more muscle on and getting used to the physicality.
i actually think we give our edge backrowers decent ball in good spots especially on the left side when Ponga is on his game, the problem is those good opportunities are wasted on plodders like Fitzy and Jones

Knight Tales

Juniors
I think Bradman Best would do well to go to St Helens and learn under Woolfy. His confidence is shot, he is injury prone, and he is off the pace here. It happens. Doesn’t mean he can’t fulfill his potential. Sione has never played better footy. It is a myth to suggest a player cannot improve over there. Look at Hastings.

Jono078

Referee
I think Bradman Best would do well to go to St Helens and learn under Woolfy. His confidence is shot, he is injury prone, and he is off the pace here. It happens. Doesn’t mean he can’t fulfill his potential. Sione has never played better footy. It is a myth to suggest a player cannot improve over there. Look at Hastings.
I genuinely believe Best is at a crossroads with his career.

Hasn't played a full season and hasn't shown all that much improvement since his early days of playing NRL.

How long have we signed him up for?

aqua_duck

Coach
I genuinely believe Best is at a crossroads with his career.

Hasn't played a full season and hasn't shown all that much improvement since his early days of playing NRL.

How long have we signed him up for?
signed till the end of 2024. I think we'd be best served to slim him down and try to bring abit more mobility into his game, right now he kind of just runs hard and straight like a battering ram, there's very little finess or variety to his game and its not helped by the fact that Fitzy literally never runs an outside in line that would help create some space.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Matt Lodge granted immediate release from Warriors
Any word where on where he is going? I know we were keen on him before he signed with NZ

Would create competition for spots in frf and maybe give the safs a reason to actually try