What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 11 vs Canterbury @ Leichhardt Oval, Lilyfield

Who will win? Round 11: Wests Tigers v Canterbury

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 1-12

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MasterTiger

Juniors
Literally nobody in this thread has a hard on for last nights victory. I was quite pissed we didn’t keep them to 0 or at the very minimum 1 try

however most of us accept we have the worst injury toll in the clubs history (well in the backline Atleast)

keep fighting the good fight
True Speedy....injuries are hurting at the moment. But I still think we still have that soft underbelly part of our game that hurts us during the course of a game. I think Madge is finally weeding that mental weakness out of us on the back of Hastings. My god it is so obvious we need Hastings....what Reynolds is to the Broncos Hastings is to the Tigers.

Tigerm

First Grade
He really does know how to find the line. His toughness however could maybe be questioned at times. In saying that he does put his body on the line when presented with those try scoring opps.
That's a bit harsh? We don't know what has happened to him during games, or what injuries he brings into the games? He not special in that regard, they all do.

WA Tiger

Bench
That's a bit harsh? We don't know what has happened to him during games, or what injuries he brings into the games? He not special in that regard, they all do.
It’s an opinion. It’s not going to hurt anyone. And that’s what we are here for..Maybe you missed something?

WA Tiger

Bench
I think Madge is finally weeding that mental weakness out of us on the back of Hastings.
Mmm I don’t get that one…Yes we need Hastings because hes the difference between winning and losing..We all know that .. but Madge can’t take credit for that..or for weeding out the mental weaknesses of the rest - as seen in the second half

Plain and simple we lost Hastings so we lost our way… remember how we were before he arrived ..that second half had nothing to do with injuries..We also lost Liddle but the only difference that made was a positive one..I havnt had time to rewatch the game but I’m sure I saw Liddle standing over Benjis brother just watching within reaching distance as he turned out of a tackle and scored a try..I dont think there’s much chance of seeIng Liddle again this year ..unless black Jesus gos to 6

I was impressed with the slickness of our backline in the first half and to finish off with an amazing try to Maimalo..I know it was against weak opposition but it was great to see our backline nail that. You normally only see that from top 4.
And we won. In fact it was close to a towelling so I don’t know what the long faces are for..granted we will play better with some of the others back. But that second half was because we lost Hastings not because of injuries.
We need a legit second playmaker in the halves

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Didn’t see your win. How did Naden go? I always liked Naden as a player. He’s not ever going to play SOO but has some really strong attributes, I think he is a great pick up for you guys.

WA Tiger

Bench
Mmm I don’t get that one…Yes we need Hastings because hes the difference between winning and losing..We all know that .. but Madge can’t take credit for that..or for weeding out the mental weaknesses of the rest - as seen in the second half

Plain and simple we lost Hastings so we lost our way… remember how we were before he arrived ..that second half had nothing to do with injuries..We also lost Liddle but the only difference that made was a positive one..I havnt had time to rewatch the game but I’m sure I saw Liddle standing over Benjis brother just watching within reaching distance as he turned out of a tackle and scored a try..I dont think there’s much chance of seeIng Liddle again this year ..unless black Jesus gos to 6

I was impressed with the slickness of our backline in the first half and to finish off with an amazing try to Maimalo..I know it was against weak opposition but it was great to see our backline nail that. You normally only see that from top 4.
And we won. In fact it was close to a towelling so I don’t know what the long faces are for..granted we will play better with some of the others back. But that second half was because we lost Hastings not because of injuries.
We need a legit second playmaker in the halves
The problem is of course, now that the Dolphins are looking at Madden, Madge will suddenly think he’s a superstar and hold onto him for dear life like Brooks and Newcastle..Hard to see sheens ignoring Browns potential for 6 tho? He looks to be an extremely cool cat

WA Tiger

Bench
Didn’t see your win. How did Naden go? I always liked Naden as a player. He’s not ever going to play SOO but has some really strong attributes, I think he is a great pick up for you guys.
I hardly noticed him. He was part of the slick backline moves leading to tries tho

WA Tiger

Bench
True Speedy....injuries are hurting at the moment. But I still think we still have that soft underbelly part of our game that hurts us during the course of a game. I think Madge is finally weeding that mental weakness out of us on the back of Hastings. My god it is so obvious we need Hastings....what Reynolds is to the Broncos Hastings is to the Tigers.
Any hardening up, not giving up or improvement in defence is more likely the back up guys Cayless and Gardner who have just demanded an increased involvement and presence for the players (and the presence of sheens and prob Hastings who would demand excellence) Madge talking in manic cliches wouldn’t have made the difference you mentioned..

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Any hardening up, not giving up or improvement in defence is more likely the back up guys Cayless and Gardner who have just demanded an increased involvement and presence for the players (and the presence of sheens and prob Hastings who would demand excellence) Madge talking in manic cliches wouldn’t have made the difference you mentioned..

How can we possibly know any of this ?

It's a rhetorical question because the answer is we don't have a clue.

I'm happy for Madge to stay because I don't think changing the coach is going to do that much.

I'd add that our two best players appear to like him. Our two best players are AD and Hastings. We also signed a couple of guns from other clubs and they signed up with Madge as our coach.

I don't believe in player power but I also don't see a good reason to change the coach now. I think it's stupid to change the coach now.

WA Tiger

Bench

I'm happy for Madge to stay because I don't think changing the coach is going to do that much.

I'd add that our two best players appear to like him. Our two best players are AD and Hastings. We also signed a couple of guns from other clubs and they signed up with Madge as our coach.

I don't believe in player power but I also don't see a good reason to change the coach now. I think it's stupid to change the coach now.
I read and I remember

Tigers1986

Juniors
Did what was needed in tough conditions with a lot of players out. Madden stood up and showed his worth, kid goes real good. Dolphins be lucky to have him.

WA Tiger

Bench

The usual suspects. That’s pretty flimsy evidence. I wouldn’t want to rely on that in a court of law. But hey go for it. I doubt this will drag on to anywhere near the end of Madges contract tho. I think this south’s game is critical for him depending on how it plays out, as will be his team selections today. Coaches are judged by how they handle things when there’s injuries as well.

Last edited:

MasterTiger

Juniors

I agree Tiger.......We sack Madge then what? He is slowly but surely bringing players to the club WITH A MENTAL TOUGHNESS and competiveness. We still lack the x factor . But supporters don't blame Madge for not being able to get superstars here. Blame the past. Im hoping the past is receding. BTW cant wait to see Brookes in this team at the same time with Doueihi and Hastings . Then we will get a true measure of where Brookes is at.