What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Gazzamatta

Coach
I really enjoyed that. Dantoray has some skills, nice 1 on 1 fullback tackle. Appeared a confident goal kicker. Maybe lacks a bit of speed but Ive not seen enough to be sure. Isnt his best position halfback? Sanders seems a natural kicker. Could be a prospect also.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon there are prospects in the forwards. Tateo, Double Hyphen, the 17 &18 on now.

edit: it’s a try fest
Taateo is the only NRL certainty I’m tracking from this lot, but some of the others look like they might have potential. Sanders defends well.

Gronk

Staff member
Apparently Fenning who didn't play is a hot talent. So is Blackburn. I haven't seen any play but heard good things about them
Fenning out means that Dantoray went to 1 and Calache came in from SG Ball at 6.

Blackburn is the edge, centre but we also had Brazel who is injured and prop Larry Muatgututia missing.

Gronk

Staff member
Larry was 18th man. I assumed cant make the side.
Fenning has been in the centres of late.
Larry is only a baby and played U18 NSW last year. That’s the thing that gets forgotten with this Flegg side. It’s full of kids playing up.

925FDE9F-33B5-4542-B9EF-6E2F87815E93.jpeg

hindy111

Post Whore
Larry is only a baby and played U18 NSW last year. That’s the thing that gets forgotten with this Flegg side. It’s full of kids playing up.

View attachment 62281

That's fine, but we also don't know how many other clubs are doing similar. And how many under 20yr olds are in NRL or NSW cup for each side.

I'd say one things that looks highly probable is Hollis is another over rated junior that won't make NRL.

Gronk

Staff member
That's fine, but we also don't know how many other clubs are doing similar. And how many under 20yr olds are in NRL or NSW cup for each side.

I'd say one things that looks highly probable is Hollis is another over rated junior that won't make NRL.
I don't think that we are in a position to put the red pen through anyone. The occasional juniors observer is just guessing. BA has been rotating the kids into NSW Cup all year. Seeing the odd game and making career calls is a bit dumb. A skinny white boy may not have the muscle development as a poly boy at 19, but you can't rule out a career so early .

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't think that we are in a position to put the red pen through anyone. The occasional juniors observer is just guessing. BA has been rotating the kids into NSW Cup all year. Seeing the odd game and making career calls is a bit dumb. A skinny white boy may not have the muscle development as a poly boy at 19, but you can't rule out a career so early .

Sure. But he is 21 now. And can't get a NSW cup spot. I think that's a fair indicator

Gronk

Staff member
Sure. But he is 21 now. And can't get a NSW cup spot. I think that's a fair indicator
So?? One looks a first grader in waiting and the other looks a big slow cumbersome lump. The new rules do not suit him at all, it’s all about skilful mobile forwards now.
Sure. You guys might have the Bart Cumming eye to rule in or out 2 year olds, but my point is that some skinny white boys don't put the kegs on until early 20's. Regan Campbell-Gillard was in the Pennys system from S G Ball and didn't get a start in NSW cup until May 2014. So Hollis is ahead of him with that trajectory.

Once again, tall country boys are behind polly boys physically at this age and I am not saying that he will even play 25 NRL games, but to rule out a NSW 18s Origin rep so soon is silly. Rodwell was a Australian School boy rep from Bomballa and was let go by the Bunnies. We've put quite a bit of effort into him and it looks like he will play FG.