What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

hindy111

Post Whore
It will be interesting to see what the club do with him, if he misses out on a top 30 spot next season I’d say the club are looking elsewhere.

Yes. I agree. Unless Hollis shines back end of year you would think Grieg,Ogden,Rodwell,Makatoa are infront of him. A guy like Tateo also could be. That would be 5 middles he must overtake in the pecking order.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Not saying Hollis will become an NRL player (and have hardly seen him play) don’t forget he has basically missed 2 years of footy.

They must really rate him to give him a 2 year top 30 deal.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think that we are in a position to put the red pen through anyone. The occasional juniors observer is just guessing. BA has been rotating the kids into NSW Cup all year. Seeing the odd game and making career calls is a bit dumb. A skinny white boy may not have the muscle development as a poly boy at 19, but you can't rule out a career so early .
Yep, merkins are talking up Rodwell’s prospects but he has only played one more NRL game than Hollis despite being two years older. Nathan Brown has played Origin yet when he was Hollis’ age he had only played one NRL game and was a year away from playing in his second.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So?? One looks a first grader in waiting and the other looks a big slow cumbersome lump. The new rules do not suit him at all, it’s all about skilful mobile forwards now.
And how did Rodwell look two years ago when he was the same age Hollis is now? Had you even f**ken heard of him?

Gazzamatta

Coach
And how did Rodwell look two years ago when he was the same age Hollis is now? Had you even f**ken heard of him?
I picked Hollis to be out biggest disappointment this year. That said, I saw a couple of efforts from him yesterday that drew my attention. Hes an imposing specimen. I live in hope. Maybe he misses his mate that shall remain nameless.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pretty sure Covid f**ked him. But he was playing NSW Cup at 19. He showed enough for us to pick poach him and he’s always seemed to be well thought after at the club.

hindy111

Post Whore
The fact Hollis hasn't had a chance to play often could be why he is in 20s. They may feel giving him longer minutes there is better then 20mins in NSW CUP. I agree with that also. He isn't playing NRL this season. Might be good to give him 6-7 NSW CUP games at the backed of the season. The other issue could be fitting guys in to play. Naiduki,Hands,Yates where all on the bench. To old for 20s and need a run.

JokerEel

Coach
The fact Hollis hasn't had a chance to play often could be why he is in 20s. They may feel giving him longer minutes there is better then 20mins in NSW CUP. I agree with that also. He isn't playing NRL this season. Might be good to give him 6-7 NSW CUP games at the backed of the season. The other issue could be fitting guys in to play. Naiduki,Hands,Yates where all on the bench. To old for 20s and need a run.

How many minutes did he play on the weekend in 20's coming off the bench?

Gronk

Staff member
We play Saturday arvo BTW.

Gronk

Staff member
A4AFCE29-BECC-42DD-B90E-25723E26CCC3.png

Latest posts