What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Coach sacked in 2022

Who joins the centrelink queue first

• Trent Barrett

Votes: 50 46.3%
  • Adam O'Brien

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Ricky Stuart

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Anthony Griffin

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Michael Maguire

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Kevin Walters

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Nathan Brown

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • Justin Holbrook

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

Colk

First Grade
I’d feel sorry for Holbrook. He has ability. The Titans just need some experienced players and some leaders.

Knights are a strange one. I don’t know how you fix that club. They have recruited some good young English players suggesting that they might be trying on what the Raiders did not too long ago.

Leber

Bench
Well we are after Woolf if the Telegraph is anything to go by.

I'd still like us to have a go at Flanno.

Colk

First Grade
Well we are after Woolf if the Telegraph is anything to go by.

I'd still like us to have a go at Flanno.

I think he would go well. I think the fact that he has had some success with Tonga and Polynesian players is a big advantage, particularly if your club really concentrates on the development side

Wb1234

Referee
Titans aren’t that bad. I’d give hollbrook more time

that club has been a rabble since Hayne went there there is no quick fix to sorting out the culture

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's a very bare cupboard as far as premiership winning coaches is concerned. Ricky hasn't won in 20 years. Des in ten years. The way the comp is shaping we won't have a new winner this season either.

Brisbane - Kevin Walters
Canberra - Ricky Stuart 1
Canterbury - Mick Potter
Cronulla - Craig Fitzgibbon
Gold Coast - Justin Holbrook
Melbourne - Craig Bellamy 3
Manly - Des Hasler 2
Newcastle - Adam O'Brien
North Queensland - Todd Payton
Parramatta - Brad Arthur
Penrith - Ivan Cleary 1
Souths - Jason Demetriou
St George Ill - Anthony Griffin
'Sydney' - Trent Robinson 3
Vodafone - Stacey Jones
Wests - Brett Kimmorley

Apey

Staff member
It's a very bare cupboard as far as premiership winning coaches is concerned. Ricky hasn't won in 20 years. Des in ten years. The way the comp is shaping we won't have a new winner this season either.

Brisbane - Kevin Walters
Canberra - Ricky Stuart 1
Canterbury - Mick Potter
Cronulla - Craig Fitzgibbon
Gold Coast - Justin Holbrook
Melbourne - Craig Bellamy 3
Manly - Des Hasler 2
Newcastle - Adam O'Brien
North Queensland - Todd Payton
Parramatta - Brad Arthur
Penrith - Ivan Cleary 1
Souths - Jason Demetriou
St George Ill - Anthony Griffin
'Sydney' - Trent Robinson 3
Vodafone - Stacey Jones
Wests - Brett Kimmorley
P0PEYE would be proud.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
If I was the Warriors I'd take Woolf for sure.

Flanno I think would be fools gold for the Warriors, but a decent option for other teams.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I’m guessing this is how it plays out.
Dogs: Flanagan
Tigers : ciraldo
Warriors : Maguire though more likely kristian wolff

If the titans sack Holbrook then it will be Paul green taking over. But nobody else is chasing him so no hurry at this point.

if knights pull the trigger…. They will have there work cut out for them as it’s a complicated situation at the club. Which is why I think they won’t pull the trigger. Maguire if they really want to ramp things up at the club
There's no way Ciraldo goes to the Dogs after seeing what happened to Barrett

Dogs Of War

Coach
There's no way Ciraldo goes to the Dogs after seeing what happened to Barrett

I think that's why I didn't have him going there. I think the Dogs want someone who has coached before. Cause rookie coaches finding their feet aren't cutting it. Not for a rebuild anyway.

That said, even though the Tigers are in the same boat, they have better talent pathways currently, and will provide Ciraldo more time I believe. Though a wildcard is that Payten really wants to coach them and with only 1 more year before he is available, who knows what the Tigers will do. A very Tigers scenario.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I think that's why I didn't have him going there. I think the Dogs want someone who has coached before. Cause rookie coaches finding their feet aren't cutting it. Not for a rebuild anyway.

That said, even though the Tigers are in the same boat, they have better talent pathways currently, and will provide Ciraldo more time I believe. Though a wildcard is that Payten really wants to coach them and with only 1 more year before he is available, who knows what the Tigers will do. A very Tigers scenario.
Ahhh f**k, sorry brother I read your post completely wrong... My bad

Valheru

Coach
surely one of these clubs will pick up Flanagan. Yeah he's dodgy but he is the best coach not currently at a club
You would think he has the pick of 3 (likely 4 IMO by end of season) jobs now.

Question is which one is the best option for a coach. It might actually be the bulldogs.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Now you're just taking the piss. Walker brothers, Siebold. Next thing you will have Tommy Raudonikis rising from his grave, smoke in mouth ready to lead the Dogs to the promised land.
Taking the piss?? The Dogs last two coaches were T Baz and D Pay. I do wonder if they now view Jimmy Dymock as a head coach.

BTW - Tommy would never have gone to the dogs, but Terry Lamb is champing at the bit!

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Taking the piss?? The Dogs last two coaches were T Baz and D Pay. I do wonder if they now view Jimmy Dymock as a head coach.

BTW - Tommy would never have gone to the dogs, but Terry Lamb is champing at the bit!

Don't worry. Once we have our coach and the Dragons come to their senses, Seibold and the Walker brothers, if you can reunite them will be available for your team.