What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14: Eels v Bulldogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium 13/6/22

hybrideel

Bench
Gutho's comments on BSB seem to me that he thinks there are games that they just have to turn up to and will win. The facts that he even says the words big games and little games shows what they really expected the Bulldogs and Tigers games to be like. Every damn game in the NRL is a big game, especially when you are Parra. There is no easy win

yy_cheng

Coach
Gutho's comments on BSB seem to me that he thinks there are games that they just have to turn up to and will win. The facts that he even says the words big games and little games shows what they really expected the Bulldogs and Tigers games to be like. Every damn game in the NRL is a big game, especially when you are Parra. There is no easy win
So True.

For the run home, it is now when we need to start moulding the team towards how we'll play in the finals.

1st thing is to defend and bring back the linespeed that we had against the Panthers. And bring back the dragging back of the attacker as per the Panthers and as we did to them

Then work on dominating the middle and the ruck

Then offloading at the right time not willy nillie

Then set plays in the red zone.

None of this lets go sideways first.

We have to start now to work on each of the above and get it in our DNA so it is the norm and not only bring it out for the big games. As we have shown we can do it once. But can we do it consecutively for 3,4,5 games.

If BA can do that, even if we dont win the GF, then I will be happy to keep him around

King-Gutho94

Coach
Sounds a bit like Pou tbh who cares about the tigers & bulldogs games when we beat penrith & storm.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think many offices are transitioning to laptops - most maybe have already.
Hot desking and working from home make it necessary.
Laptop prices have come down alot. And the cooling etc is less of an issue.

For work purposes most people dont need an amazingly powerful computer.

You are IT expert

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Desk tops work for me, although we seem to have every type of device under the sun.

Desktops can have multiple monitors and good sizes too, one large one for CAD work, another for email, and one for Youtube or what ever else you want to run while working.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mahoney and Moses aren't on the same page. Its been obvious in crucial moments this year.

That FG botch up in Melbourne where Mahoney went the short side when up by 6.

Then the dogs breakfast in the final 2 mins against the tigers where both couldn't get the FG setup correctly.

Is it a personality clash that may of contributed to Reed going to Belmore next year.

I mean, what likely happened is that they asked Moses, and Mahoney, separately, and this is the result.

However, there does seem to be a cohesion/communication issue; more than once, we have taken the wrong option, and it seems that Mahoney is not listening to his halves.

Having said that, Moses should be the last person giving the team a spray - the put down for his try was disgusting.

Noise

Coach
Yep. The big games and little games comment was gobsmacking. Terrible attitude. Evidence of how the team approaches different games. Also Mahoney saying 'it's not an attitude problem, we just didn't turn up' was f**king idiotic. Not turning up means you have an attitude problem. I want that little garden gnome out of the club now. It's a f**king worry that 2 of our spine players have this kind of mentality, one being our captain.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yep. The big games and little games comment was gobsmacking. Terrible attitude. Evidence of how the team approaches different games. Also Mahoney saying 'it's not an attitude problem, we just didn't turn up' was f**king idiotic. Not turning up means you have an attitude problem. I want that little garden gnome out of the club now. It's a f**king worry that 2 of our spine players have this kind of mentality, one being our captain.

How about our idiot halfback, though - blowing up at his teammates, when he dropped the ball over the line with the laziest put down attempt ever?

Suitman

Post Whore

Couldn't agree more. And that was indeed from our captain.
Astonishing stuff and an insight into the club mentality in the way we approach games.
Players aren't that bright generally and only repeat what they are coached. I'm only taking a stab in the dark here but suggest that that mentality has come from our coaching staff.
Where on earth would Gutherson get those ideas from otherwise?

Imagine Melbourne or Penrith approaching games with the big game/little game attitude? They just don't.

Noise

Coach
Couldn't agree more. And that was indeed from our captain.
Astonishing stuff and an insight into the club mentality in the way we approach games.
Players aren't that bright generally and only repeat what they are coached. I'm only taking a stab in the dark here but suggest that that mentality has come from our coaching staff.
Where on earth would Gutherson get those ideas from?

Imagine Melbourne or Penrith approaching games with the big game/little game attitude? They just don't.
Yep, players often just parrot what the coaches say. It's concerning.

Suitman

Post Whore
Furthermore, there have been 3 games this season so far that we have lost, and that we were expected to win and absolutely should have won. Without question.
Tigers, Bulldogs and that game against the Cowboys when they were in a slump and we played them back into form.
That is 6 points lost which would have us in 2nd place at the moment with a far better F @ A percentage.
It is absolutely no surprise we lost those games considering Captain Gutho's comments that he made today.
WTF is going on at Parra with an attitude like that?
Parramattitude?

eel01s

Bench
The coaching staff are responsible for player attitudes. As posted above, the fact that language was used says it all.

Coaches set expectations. Looks like ours is"close is good enough ".

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Desk tops work for me, although we seem to have every type of device under the sun.

Desktops can have multiple monitors and good sizes too, one large one for CAD work, another for email, and one for Youtube or what ever else you want to run while working.
You watch youtube while you are working? Slacker...