What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

Crashtest

Juniors
Looks like we will have 7 players in the Blues team, with Foxtel saying that Api plus the 6 Panthers from game 1 have all been selected for game 2.

How awesome is the video of the teams reaction when Api is told he has been selected. Shows how great the culture and team spirit is at the club.

Iamback

Coach
much better looking 17. Crichton/Martin Switch is probably better given that will be the 4th middle.

Looks more evenly matched with QLD

Michael Matral

Juniors
2019 NSW origin Game 1 squad - only 2 Panthers in the whole 17 - this year there are 7 in the starting 13! These are good times my friends!

1. James Tedesco
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Tom Trbojevic
4. Jack Wighton
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary

8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Damien Cook
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Tyson Frizell
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Dale Finucane
15. Tariq Sims
16. Cameron Murray
17. Wade Graham

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Matt Burton
4. Stephen Crichton
5. Brian To’o
6. Jarome Luai
7. Nathan Cleary

8. Payne Haas
9. Api Koroisau
10. Junior Paulo
11. Cameron Murray
12. Liam Martin
13. Isaah Yeo

14. Damien Cook
15. Jake Trbojevic
16. Siosifa Talakai
17. Angus Crichton

Fangs

Coach
Thats too many changes in my view. But great to see so many of our players rewarded. Including former players like Burton as well.

Girds89

Bench
I heard Cooper cronk say on the weekend in commentary you could play the whole of the panthers 17 against qld and theyd be a chance.. well something to that effect...

It got me thinking. Its not that far fetched.

If you are to look at qlds team for game 2 and match it against our 17 that played on the weekend its not that far fetched to think wed be competitive.

Edwards is in much better form than ponga and has proved his a big game player. Last years finals series on one leg is proof.

Tiny has taken to fg like a freak.... its scary how good he is at finding the line.

Tago... showed up hes opposite in gagai in a 2-1 victory against newy earlier in the year. Has been very good in attack and d.

Critta is in the blues team

Too as above

Luai as above

Nath as above

Leota is probably in career best form and looks fitter than ever.

Api imo is the form 9 of the comp.

Fish is arguably the best front rower in the game

Kikau is absolutley the best 2nd rower in the game atm

Martin is in the blues team

Yeo is in the team and is the best in the game atm imo

Kenny definitley doesnt offer the impact grant does but he is a rock solid defender. You could back him to keep it clean in the middle.

Sorensen wouldnt let anyone down and is as good as arrow imo

Spencer would defintley lack the motor to go more than a 12min stints but he offers reasonable impact

Salmon isnt suited to that level.. id go eiso who is very reliable.

Im not saying we would win but i think the 1-17 regular combination would be a hard thing for qld to overcome. I think wed be competitive.

Anyway. Heres hoping all our rep players get through unscatthed this weekend.

Kilkenny

Coach
I heard Cooper cronk say on the weekend in commentary you could play the whole of the panthers 17 against qld and theyd be a chance.. well something to that effect...

It got me thinking. Its not that far fetched.

If you are to look at qlds team for game 2 and match it against our 17 that played on the weekend its not that far fetched to think wed be competitive.

Edwards is in much better form than ponga and has proved his a big game player. Last years finals series on one leg is proof.

Tiny has taken to fg like a freak.... its scary how good he is at finding the line.

Tago... showed up hes opposite in gagai in a 2-1 victory against newy earlier in the year. Has been very good in attack and d.

Critta is in the blues team

Too as above

Luai as above

Nath as above

Leota is probably in career best form and looks fitter than ever.

Api imo is the form 9 of the comp.

Fish is arguably the best front rower in the game

Kikau is absolutley the best 2nd rower in the game atm

Martin is in the blues team

Yeo is in the team and is the best in the game atm imo

Kenny definitley doesnt offer the impact grant does but he is a rock solid defender. You could back him to keep it clean in the middle.

Sorensen wouldnt let anyone down and is as good as arrow imo

Spencer would defintley lack the motor to go more than a 12min stints but he offers reasonable impact

Salmon isnt suited to that level.. id go eiso who is very reliable.

Im not saying we would win but i think the 1-17 regular combination would be a hard thing for qld to overcome. I think wed be competitive.

Anyway. Heres hoping all our rep players get through unscatthed this weekend.
I understand your enthusiasm but maybe stretching it a little bit.

Kilkenny

Coach
My opinion only, I can’t help feeling the Maroons might find a way to get the job done again.

All the big moments went there way in game 1, I don’t think there was much in it and NSW could have won game 1 but they didn’t.

Freddie’s team selections in game 1 were all wrong, and now playing catch up. I’m just not sure the Blues have the strike power to score enough points. Hope I’m wrong really want to see it go to a decider.

Murraymob1

Juniors
The only team with more players than us is the roosters but a lot of them are in the woman’s side.when we get a woman’s team going the amount of players will be incredible

Black Diamond

Juniors
Even though I keep reminding myself that Burto plays for Bulldogs now, every time I see clips of blues training I get a sense of pride that our 8 boys are are in this team. Can't wait to see the combinations reignited!#stillapanthertome

Iamback

Coach
Thats too many changes in my view. But great to see so many of our players rewarded. Including former players like Burton as well.

On the surface it looks it but Jake, Angus and Critter starting would of been in my Game 1 team.

It is just fixing the stupidity from game 1

Pomoz

Bench
On the surface it looks it but Jake, Angus and Critter starting would of been in my Game 1 team.

Yeah, Sims should buy a lottery ticket and going with a big pack flys in the face of what has worked for the two GF winning teams in the last two years. The Storm and the Panthers focus’s on mobility, not size. Mobility is everything and QLD just run around our big lunks.

Both our props are small. In the prop world, JFH looks like the bloke in the Charles Atlas ad who gets sand kicked in his face.

That said, no matter how big you are, I don’t recommend you try it……….

Iamback

Coach
Yeah, Sims should buy a lottery ticket and going with a big pack flys in the face of what has worked for the two GF winning teams in the last two years. The Storm and the Panthers focus’s on mobility, not size. Mobility is everything and QLD just run around our big lunks.

Both our props are small. In the prop world, JFH looks like the bloke in the Charles Atlas ad who gets sand kicked in his face.

That said, no matter how big you are, I don’t recommend you try it……….

The only side that has gone size is Parra.

Leg speed is key in the current game

Fangs

Coach

Its the sheer number that is the problem. Mass changes were a success in 2019 which would be why he is so confident in doing it again. I just wish he would get it right in game 1.

Latest posts