What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

Iamback

Coach
Its the sheer number that is the problem. Mass changes were a success in 2019 which would be why he is so confident in doing it again. I just wish he would get it right in game 1.

NSW best 2 players weren't fit and Freddy over thought it.

Take RCG over Jake Turbo. Jake Turbo does the effort areas well but doesn't offer much with the ball. Having him there he is good at defence including blocking. No way QLD get to Nathan 12 times with him there.

He went for the flair to make up for nothing having those 2 and we lost on the basics

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
NSW best 2 players weren't fit and Freddy over thought it.

Take RCG over Jake Turbo. Jake Turbo does the effort areas well but doesn't offer much with the ball. Having him there he is good at defence including blocking. No way QLD get to Nathan 12 times with him there.

He went for the flair to make up for nothing having those 2 and we lost on the basics

I agree. RCG went MIA when part of his role was to be an effective bodyguard to Cleary and Luai. In fact he was bloody useless in that aspect.

Hence his demotion. Jake will put his body on the line for Cleary, unlike RCG.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Queensland calling Martin a grub are a bit rich forget Fleas Kafusi. What about Munster lying all over NSW players in game one. Should call him OXFORD ST.!!!!!!!!!!

Munky

Coach
Cook was the worst player on the field in game 1 closely followed by Nathan

Both looked clueless.

Freddy obviously has no game plan or strategy. NSW tried the Penrith style rucking it out with the backs and it worked for twenty minutes and then QLD adapted.

NSW went wide early once and the play died at Sims. If the threat of a quick shift isn't there the backs will be monstered in gang tackles.

The lack of fifth tackle options was ridiculous. Welch is missing and they still got to Nathan every time.

Iamback

Coach
Both looked clueless.

Freddy obviously has no game plan or strategy. NSW tried the Penrith style rucking it out with the backs and it worked for twenty minutes and then QLD adapted.

NSW went wide early once and the play died at Sims. If the threat of a quick shift isn't there the backs will be monstered in gang tackles.

The lack of fifth tackle options was ridiculous. Welch is missing and they still got to Nathan every time.

I said at the when bagging the 17. Bench was difference and it proved that

Slow big bench got owned. Blockers were not there. No surprise QLD scored no points when Yeo was on. He does the basics like very well

Blockers are just as important for us as the back 5. NSW copies that they win easily

Munky

Coach
Critter having a horror game.

I'm not sure he is rep quality and is getting shown up.

Luai but great either but settling in now.

The other boys doing the job.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
If Crichton wants more money than he is getting now for his next contract, I would be letting him go. He's not an elite center, so should not be getting elite center money. Good kid, solid, but not a superstar. Burton though....

Cleary has been average again, Luai shit, Martin and Yeo meh, Api and To'o fine.

Smug Panther

First Grade
If Crichton wants more money than he is getting now for his next contract, I would be letting him go. He's not an elite center, so should not be getting elite center money. Good kid, solid, but not a superstar. Burton though....

Cleary has been average again, Luai shit, Martin and Yeo meh, Api and To'o fine.
The difference between Api and Cook's service is clear

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Hope Crichton shrugs off his game so far and dominates the last 30 minutes. As I said, he's a good kid, and I want to see him do well. His head never goes down.

WestyLife

First Grade
The good thing about origin is they come back to club level against slower opposition. Great second half confidence builder.

Burton is GOAT.

Girds89

Bench
Critter isn't up to this level.

BURTON sure as f**k is, what a f**king stud
Are u suprised?

Ive said for 12 to 18momths hes best spot will be centre or 2md row.

Having said that you love to hate on luai.....

Hes set up multiple tries this series and scored a blinder tonight.

There is zero doubt in my mind luai is the better 6. I love burts kicking game but hes best feature is just his straight running.

Playing on an edge allows him to do that...

Anyway.... no injuries for our boys🙌

Smug Panther

First Grade
Are u suprised?

Ive said for 12 to 18momths hes best spot will be centre or 2md row.

Having said that you love to hate on luai.....

Hes set up multiple tries this series and scored a blinder tonight.

There is zero doubt in my mind luai is the better 6. I love burts kicking game but hes best feature is just his straight running.

Playing on an edge allows him to do that...

Anyway.... no injuries for our boys🙌
Nooope he's wasted in the centres. He's a better player than Luai and history will prove me right

Annnd Luai is rep level too. I'm not hating on him

Latest posts