What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Ciraldo is going to the Dogs its a given. Gould has it all ready and the Dogs roster is in a much better shape.
The only way I see him staying is if Penrith have informed him that Ivan will move to a different role in 2 or 3 yrs time.

TheRam

Coach
Ciraldo has knocked the Tigers back. Is he waiting for a roster and club that isn't bent out of shape/broken like a Parramatta.

I would be interested if we offered him the HC role would he take us on.

He obviously doesn't want to ruin his coaching career first up going to Tigers or warriors.

He'd take it in a heart beat, but we aren't bright enough as a club to offer it to him. We like being thereabouts just fine.

hindy111

Post Whore
He'd take it in a heart beat, but we aren't bright enough as a club to offer it to him. We like being thereabouts just fine.

I think we need to go balls deep this season amd try and get a few signings early. The bench won't cut it come finals. Lodge would be great. We should also add Hopgood now

TheRam

Coach
I couldn't help but be so impressed with the way Trey Mooney handled himself and spoke to the media in the 19's SOO the other night. He is a real leader both on and off the field. The type of player we haven't produced in over a decade.

I wish we could produce players like him.

TheRam

Coach
I think we need to go balls deep this season amd try and get a few signings early. The bench won't cut it come finals. Lodge would be great. We should also add Hopgood now

Yes Lodge would be a great asset to pick up at this point of the season and a little insurance as well. Lets hope we are on to it.

TheRam

Coach
To lose him to Canberra is embarrasing

After watching him speak the other night I shook my head in amazement that we allowed him to leave and to freakin Canberra, the team that only desperates and poms go to normally.

Jeez, if we couldn't see leadership written all over him, well we have boofheads in charge of retention. The kid is an out and out leader that the rest of the squad will follow. Talk about epic fails.

hindy111

Post Whore
After watching him speak the other night I shook my head in amazement that we allowed him to leave and to freakin Canberra, the team that only desperates and poms go to normally.

Jeez, if we couldn't see leadership written all over him, well we have boofheads in charge of retention. The kid is an out and out leader that the rest of the squad will follow. Talk about epic fails.

And Stefano......

hindy111

Post Whore
I can understand a powerhouse like Penrith losing some juniors as produce so many and are successful. But we've produced f**k all in 10yrs and still seem to of lost many of the good ones.

How Schuster fell thru the net also amazes me and that Okualatu. Throw in Trey and Stephano and we can see 4 potential stars of the game missed.
But we do have JA wrapped up and Haze Dunster......

TheRam

Coach
Me and Pou have a bet that we won't be alive after week 2 of finals. I hope I am wrong but if notnI collect $100

I will be surprised if you don't collect. We can't play great hard footy against the top teams more then 2 weeks, but most probably only one week really. If for example we needed to play Penrith and then Melbourne consecutively we might beat Penrith first up, maybe, but to back it up and then beat Melbourne, well unless they are walking wounded we probably don't win.

But if by some miracle we got past both and then met NQLD, they would towel us up for sure. Even if we were to meet say only one of the big two say Storm, then the Cowboys or the Broncos, the odds are we don't win both and again if by some miracle we did, we would fall to the 3rd team we met out of shear exhaustion due to the way our beloved leader coaches this team.

We just don't have 3 razzmatazz brutal consecutive efforts in us against quality teams.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
And Stefano......

Yep Stefano too. But as good as he is, he is cumbersome and doesn't have the effort on effort involvement I like to see in front rowers or agility in defense. Sure in a strong roster you can carry him and he will be very impressive playing off the back of that, but he is definitely not a worker and I can't see that changing for at least another 3-5 years if not ever.

So sure I think we stuffed up by not working out a way to keep someone like him. Imagine how handy he would be right now for this team, coming on for 15-20 min spells and keeping the forward momentum going when either Paulo or RCG leave the field. Something we haven't got at all currently with the guys that are on the bench at the moment. That is why if we could pick up Lodge, it would be awesome for our forwards rotation and make us very hard to beat if we are playing direct and to our strengths without the dip that happens so often when our 2 starters currently take a breather and allow the opposition a chance to reassert themselves.

But back to our loss of quality juniors, I have a feeling that Trey is going to be a better all round player then Stefano if he keeps developing the way it looks like he will. I haven't seen him play or speak before but from what I saw the other night, he is captain material and instant respect from his peers. Dale Finucane kind of player. When was the last time we produced one of those?

And trust me it takes a bit for me to be impressed when listening to players speak. Normally I either fall asleep or roll my eyes and laugh and in some case even want to vomit with shame for the game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Development club 🥸

TheRam

Coach
I can understand a powerhouse like Penrith losing some juniors as produce so many and are successful. But we've produced f**k all in 10yrs and still seem to of lost many of the good ones.

How Schuster fell thru the net also amazes me and that Okualatu. Throw in Trey and Stephano and we can see 4 potential stars of the game missed.
But we do have JA wrapped up and Haze Dunster......

And there are others too. I know Alex Twal doesn't get a look in for most peoples best players teams, but this guy is so good and a stalwart type of player for any team. He makes his customary 100m+ a game and has almost a 100% tackle efficiency rate. Not bad for a man that is in the boiler room and doing the hardest job in the game. Again it wasn't like he wasn't quality in the lower grades, I used to watch him back then and think he was going to be a quality first grader at the very least. But we obviously didn't grade him fast enough or love him enough to stay with his junior club.

Like many experts keep telling us, keeping the best juniors coming through your system is imperative for long term success and the best way to do that is to have the right people in place that show real love and appreciation and mentoring to these kids to the point that they wouldn't dream about leaving their beloved junior club and would stay even if there are some bigger offers around, because they love the club and the people in it and what we stand for. They would also know their value and by knowing that they would also know that the big money will eventually come if they stayed anyway. So there is no need to rush and leave this great system and talented coaching staff that know how to look after them and get them ready for the NRL.

Is it hard keeping all your best juniors? Yeah sure, but it is even harder when you don't have the best people around them to make it easier for the players to tell their managers and family members that they love OUR club and want to stay and play with us and win premierships here, with their childhood mates which would make it all the more sweeter.

hindy111

Post Whore
And there are others too. I know Alex Twal doesn't get a look in for most peoples best players teams, but this guy is so good and a stalwart type of player for any team. He makes his customary 100m+ a game and has almost a 100% tackle efficiency rate. Not bad for a man that is in the boiler room and doing the hardest job in the game. Again it wasn't like he wasn't quality in the lower grades, I used to watch him back then and think he was going to be a quality first grader at the very least. But we obviously didn't grade him fast enough or love him enough to stay with his junior club.

Like many experts keep telling us, keeping the best juniors coming through your system is imperative for long term success and the best way to do that is to have the right people in place that show real love and appreciation and mentoring to these kids to the point that they wouldn't dream about leaving their beloved junior club and would stay even if there are some bigger offers around, because they love the club and the people in it and what we stand for. They would also know their value and by knowing that they would also know that the big money will eventually come if they stayed anyway. So there is no need to rush and leave this great system and talented coaching staff that know how to look after them and get them ready for the NRL.

Is it hard keeping all your best juniors? Yeah sure, but it is even harder when you don't have the best people around them to make it easier for the players to tell their managers and family members that they love OUR club and want to stay and play with us and win premierships here, with their childhood mates which would make it all the more sweeter.

Josh Alioi another