What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gazzamatta

Coach
And well deserved considering the first 3 years of shit he had to put up with….

many fans have short memories, he takes the big dollars manly offered him for 2017 during the 2016 salary cap disaster and we are well he truly f**ked….we are probably still looking at that finals berth like the tigers…..

some forget he was basically running the club/side by himself in 2016/17 with f**k all support…

BA’s biggest mistake was over achieving in 2017 after the 2016 disaster, it set the expectations for the club to high..,,,,,what other club has a salary cap scandal, has to drop players, board is sacked, administrators appointed, and fans expect a GF start within 2 years (eg 2018)…….
Ive always been a fan of what he does well mate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The real good ones do mate. The problem is real good coaches are harder to find then real good halves.

But even the real sh*tiest coaches get around $500K which is high quality NRL standard player money.
But still less than half what the top players are worth. There would be at least four players at our club on more than that. Likely half a dozen or more. We have some very good players but no genuine stars. Drown is getting there. But the performance of our players in Origin shows their quality.

lucablight

First Grade
But still less than half what the top players are worth. There would be at least four players at our club on more than that. Likely half a dozen or more. We have some very good players but no genuine stars. Drown is getting there. But the performance of our players in Origin shows their quality.
It’s like the Penrith players were also there for origin 1 (that NSW lost) but were given another opportunity while ours weren’t.

TheRam

Coach

Our newly minted Brazilian, Paulo had an ordinary game in the 1st SOO game too, does that show his quality as well?

Our boys played badly but so did most of the team, sh*t happens even to really good teams, they just weren't afforded a reprieve because they weren't cemented long termers at that level. It sucks if your first shot (in RCG's case second after a 5 year spell) the whole team play below standard because you will probably be part of the culling solution, as they were.

Does that mean both Matterson and RCG aren't SOO quality? No way, just bad luck they had the misfortune of not being in a team that was switched on on the night.

As for coaches salaries, they get what they deserve. Our coach is middle of the road ffs, so he gets middle of the road pay. Try hiring Cleary, Bennett, Robinson or Bellamy for less them a million. I believe Bellamy is on $1.5m a season. Which player is on that you bonehead?

Avenger

Immortal
I don't think the club will push him, i reckon he will find something else and let us know he is moving on.
I think you might be right here. Not that I’ve heard anything. I think I’m now wishing for it. Has there ever been a coach that will enter his 10th year at a club and not even a make a preliminary final let alone a GF appearance or a competition?

@Poupou Escobar I need some stats, mate.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think you might be right here. Not that I’ve heard anything. I think I’m now wishing for it. Has there ever been a coach that will enter his 10th year at a club and not even a make a preliminary final let alone a GF appearance or a competition?

While us fans talk about BA’s nearly 10 years at the club to compare his ability/side performance…..I reckon board don’t and only really consider the years post 2018 regarding his performance …the last 3 years where the club actually got its shit together…..

hindy111

Post Whore
While us fans talk about BA’s nearly 10 years at the club to compare his ability/side performance…..I reckon board don’t and only really consider the years post 2018 regarding his performance …the last 3 years where the club actually got its shit together…..

I think he went ok in 2016 considering the side had nothing to play for......
His only terrible year was 2018. It is more we've seemed to plateud. And not gotten pass week 2.
Me and Pou have a bet about this. If we are not there come week 3 I win $100.

IFR33K

Coach

What stats you think? The longest serving coach to win sweet f all? He’d be the gold medalist

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our newly minted Brazilian, Paulo had an ordinary game in the 1st SOO game too, does that show his quality as well?

Our boys played badly but so did most of the team, sh*t happens even to really good teams, they just weren't afforded a reprieve because they weren't cemented long termers at that level. It sucks if your first shot (in RCG's case second after a 5 year spell) the whole team play below standard because you will probably be part of the culling solution, as they were.

Does that mean both Matterson and RCG aren't SOO quality? No way, just bad luck they had the misfortune of not being in a team that was switched on on the night.
Are you saying luck is a significant factor in a small sample of games?
As for coaches salaries, they get what they deserve. Our coach is middle of the road ffs, so he gets middle of the road pay. Try hiring Cleary, Bennett, Robinson or Bellamy for less them a million. I believe Bellamy is on $1.5m a season. Which player is on that you bonehead?
Crazy how none of these great coaches ever want our cash. Or maybe the people running our club think Hagan, Anderson, Kearney, Stuart and Arthur are the best coaches in the game? They’ll probably hire that experienced supercoach Ciraldo next. Nobody’s better than him.

lucablight

First Grade
I’m sure if half the Queensland team were all at the same club like they were in the 90s they would be dominant at club level too.
Penrith were dominant at club level before having all those players picked in origin. Not the other way around.
Because they perform better at that level.
You should know better than anyone that the sample size is way too small (considering it’s one of your favourite metrics).

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It’s interesting how many think CC is the answer to our coaching “issues”, yet no one has watched him coach…it’s just based on what the media has reported…..the same media that talked up Barrett and O’Brien recently too..,.

Fun fact, he actually lost a 20’s GF after leading 28 to 6 at half time….

Avenger

Immortal
It’s interesting how many think CC is the answer to our coaching “issues”, yet no one has watched him coach…it’s just based on what the media has reported…..the same media that talked up Barrett and O’Brien recently too..,.

Fun fact, he actually lost a 20’s GF after leading 28 to 6 at half time….
I have always said that he would be a big risk. Barrett was also talked about so much that he received an opportunity with a talented Sea Eagles side. If you want t a real smoky and one I’d consider if we boned BA prematurely which wouldn’t cost the earth is Siebold. At least he has experience and former Dally M coach of the year.

I’d steer clear from Green. Flanagan is a mystery too because he isn’t getting a sniff anywhere.

Latest posts