What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They make no difference at all. Its all the same thing
I’m sure over the course of a season they make a difference of a couple of wins. But if they were as important as any of the top half dozen players in the squad they would be getting paid as much as them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree. Less super stars. But there is Yeo,JFH,Kikau,Crighton,Martin,To'o, Tago, May who are all very high quality. Storm always had a few plodders in the team.
Seven of them are in this Origin side ffs. Plus two from last year’s grand final team. Plenty of TPAs. I’m sure the Keno money they tried to transfer from Moylan to Maloney wasn’t the only one. They gave Nathan Cleary’s dad a job ffs!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So 10 years BA has earned probably around 5 million plus prelim final bonus's. Not bad.
And well deserved considering the first 3 years of shit he had to put up with….

many fans have short memories, he takes the big dollars manly offered him for 2017 during the 2016 salary cap disaster and we are well he truly f**ked….we are probably still looking at that finals berth like the tigers…..

some forget he was basically running the club/side by himself in 2016/17 with f**k all support…

BA’s biggest mistake was over achieving in 2017 after the 2016 disaster, it set the expectations for the club to high..,,,,,what other club has a salary cap scandal, has to drop players, board is sacked, administrators appointed, and fans expect a GF start within 2 years (eg 2018)…….

TheRam

Coach
Twal is a good bloke, and a metre eater. But he doesn't bend the line. Granted, he's better than Makatoa. But he's not better than Kaufusi (though they are very different styles of player).

I reckon he's better then both at this stage.

Kaufusi may end up surprising us all by having a form spurt of sorts in the next couple of seasons or so as many front rowers do end up peaking at a later stage of their careers, but probably unlikely. But you never know with these guys sometimes they can surprise and a new club and coach might be what he needs.

TheRam

Coach
Love how Ciraldo is suddenly the panacea to our woes

Not the panacea mate, but he is a change and one that is very highly regarded by many.

The thing with BA is we all know what he brings to the table and that this is all it is. He is at his limitations right now, so we need to make a change to go to the next level hopefully.

Is Ciraldo it? I am willing to take that plunge and see what happens. We can't just keep giving it to the guy that can't get us any further, that would be amateurish and a huge failure on behalf of our clubs board.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don’t think Penrith are that good. I think we are living in a weak NRL era where the standard of most of the competition is just bad and Penrith are super consistent.
I agree has the comp ever been this bad you could say we have 6 garbage teams.

You might normally get 2 or 3 teams a season but atm 37% of the competition isn't first grade standard and the divide is getting worse.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’m sure over the course of a season they make a difference of a couple of wins. But if they were as important as any of the top half dozen players in the squad they would be getting paid as much as them.

Different opinions. That's fine. Doesn't make you right or me right. The answer may someonewhere in between.
But we are going in circles now so let's just leave it at that. A difference of opinion between two very intelligent men.

TheRam

Coach

The real good ones do mate. The problem is real good coaches are harder to find then real good halves.

But even the real sh*tiest coaches get around $500K which is high quality NRL standard player money.

lucablight

First Grade
Seven of them are in this Origin side ffs. Plus two from last year’s grand final team. Plenty of TPAs. I’m sure the Keno money they tried to transfer from Moylan to Maloney wasn’t the only one. They gave Nathan Cleary’s dad a job ffs!
Weak era origin teams that can’t even do a clean sweep despite being so dominant at club level.

TheRam

Coach
And well deserved considering the first 3 years of shit he had to put up with….

many fans have short memories, he takes the big dollars manly offered him for 2017 during the 2016 salary cap disaster and we are well he truly f**ked….we are probably still looking at that finals berth like the tigers…..

some forget he was basically running the club/side by himself in 2016/17 with f**k all support…

BA’s biggest mistake was over achieving in 2017 after the 2016 disaster, it set the expectations for the club to high..,,,,,what other club has a salary cap scandal, has to drop players, board is sacked, administrators appointed, and fans expect a GF start within 2 years (eg 2018)…….

Mate no one has forgotten what he did. But he was also paid well for it and mind you he wanted all that responsibility stuff and fought hard to keep it even though he wasn't doing a great job of it all, but he is a control freak and so they had to go over his head and restructure and hire people to take some load off of him.

Anyway that is history and even though we are appreciative of his fine efforts during a difficult time, how long must we be beholden to him for it? Like I said, he was rewarded for his achievements with extensions and good pay and now we are looking to progress.

So it would seem that he has taken us as far as he can and if we don't at the very least make it to the GF I would be tapping him on the shoulder at seasons end and bringing in either Ciraldo or Flano, depending on what type of appetite we have, meaning preference of either a rookie or an experienced operator.

Who am I kidding? I would bone him right now and not in the good way.