What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v roosters

Kilkenny

Coach
That is another game to put down to no Api we lose.
Comments such as this just disrespects the efforts put in by the rest of the team.

Terrific team effort tonight in my opinion.

Loved the fact we were able to fight our way back when the Roosters had wrestled momentum and got there noses in front.

Ill take away the positives, I thought it was a really solid performance even if we didn’t quite ice a few opportunities where we could have put them away.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Comments such as this just disrespects the efforts put in by the rest of the team.

Loved the fact we were able to fight our way back when the Roosters had wrestled momentum and got there noses in front.

Ill take away the positives, I thought it was a really solid performance even if we didn’t quite ice a few opportunities where we could have put them away.
Api was that good in a very flat Panthers side, enjoy him while we have him. Our bench gave us really problems here Salmon is so ineffective and despite Kenny heart he can't play a forward role

pantherz9103

First Grade
It was a tough win and a tough watch at times in the wet at Penrith tonight. Nathan and Api delivered the class when needed. You could have possibly forgiven them for a dropping a game tonight given all the players backing up and being up against a desperate Roosters side. Yet we still found a way to win and keep delivering for the fans.

P.S. Trent Robinson can moan all he likes. After all the things that have gone that clubs way over the years I just couldn’t care less about his moaning.

Kilkenny

Coach
Api was that good in a very flat Panthers side, enjoy him while we have him. Our bench gave us really problems here Salmon is so ineffective and despite Kenny heart he can't play a forward role
We weren’t flat, we were very committed. Maybe not quite at our best, didn’t score three or four times when we should have. They took there opportunities which gave them the lead despite which we clawed our way back and we got the job done. I don’t know what part of 15 wins and 1 loss is such a bad thing. The entire 17 keep getting the job done.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Very well said.

I knew it would be a tough game, especially in the cold and wet.

Chooks were playing for their collective lives tonight. Through very thing including the kitchen sink during the game.

When you sit back now and realise Penrith haven't dropped a game during this origin period.

I say well done to one and all.

Kilkenny

Coach
Very well said.

I knew it would be a tough game, especially in the cold and wet.

Chooks were playing for their collective lives tonight. Through very thing including the kitchen sink during the game.

When you sit back now and realise Penrith haven't dropped a game during this origin period.

I say well done to one and all.
Wife and I got to our car in the Paceway car park she asked what I thought? She sits with her sister, so we don’t tend to interact during games. I said great win, delighted, I was really happy. Get home, come on board here and read some negative stuff which I don’t get. I understand the usual narrative around no Api, no Kikau next season but we have to suck that up, that is what it is. Lets worry about 2023 next year, we cant control that now It is a pointless exercise banging on about it.

martielang

Bench
We were way off the pace I thought but it’s going to happen and surprised it doesnt happen more often. Our consistency levels have been ridiculous over the last 3 years.

Cleary didn’t have a spectacular game but really stood up when we looked like we were treading water, proving his quality. As did Api for that matter, what a player.

How good was Kiks charge down and fumble with the line open. One of the great bombed tries you’ll see. The effort from him to charge down another kick was phenomenal.

betcats

Referee
We just didn’t take chances we normally would. I don’t think we were flat they were just desperate and it was horrible conditions which led to some errors. We had our usual dominant first half in terms of field position, possession and even linebreaks but we didn’t finish them. 2 down the left side, we would normally score at least one from those, Yeo stopped on the line. Bizza stopped on the line. The conditions hampered our usually slick passing and we didn’t quite adjust attacking their line.

Second half they starved us of the ball and scored a couple, we got momentum back and scored a couple ourselves. Definitely wasn’t the best game of footy and we did look tired in the second half but there was a point where they had completed 13/13 and we were 3/5, that is always going to have an impact.

Iamback

Coach

Api scored a try
Had a try assist
Made 53 tackles

In a game that everyone was off in.
Teams have off days no harm in it. We just currently have enough class to get the points.

Losing an elite member of the spine is going to make covering such off days very hard

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel like the Eels will start to warm up after origin. I predict Panthers to get a few injuries and Eels to come home over the top of them and win the title.

Latest posts