What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith v roosters

hindy111

Post Whore
I think there is an element of truth in this. It feels like we are better defensive side than an attacking side (and number bear this out) and part of that is a deliberate game plan to strangle the opposition (ie rather hand the ball over 8 metres out than go for the repeat etc, one out stuff from the back 5 early in the count).

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE it, but if I was an opposition fan looking to hate on us (note that I don’t think this is the case with Hindy) then saying we are cynical and boring might be something I level at us.

Personally I would call us clinical; the way we take our chances is amazing. That ball from Cleary last night was one of the best I have ever seen, at a critical part of the match, and it was commentated like it was expected.

Watch the tries Parra scored against the Roosters. Scintillating.
Problem is Eels defense is hopeless.

Penrith seem to be able to just strangle sides out of the contest and score a lot of tries off the back of this. But it isn't an attacking machine like the 2003 Panthers for example.

Goonji

Juniors

Penrith seem to be able to just strangle sides out of the contest and score a lot of tries off the back of this. But it isn't an attacking machine like the 2003 Panthers for example.
We will do what we need to do to cement 1st or 2nd place at the end of the regular season. Then we will unleash the attacking beast. Other teams won’t expect it. Finals football is different.

WestyLife

First Grade
The comments about the bench are spot on. This game showed how weak the bench is which doesn't hurt much now but the finals are another matter.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

More and more Hindy111, it sounds like you're attempting to convince yourself. Losing tonight to the Bunnies doesn't help your cause.

Iamback

Coach
The comments about the bench are spot on. This game showed how weak the bench is which doesn't hurt much now but the finals are another matter.

Yeo, Api, Martin and Kiks will play 80 in the big games though

So the bench doesn't matter but we still have a couple of gears to go up

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeo, Api, Martin and Kiks will play 80 in the big games though

So the bench doesn't matter but we still have a couple of gears to go up
The bench does matter because the second we lose someone to injury or HIA we are forced to put reserve graders on the field. We need more from our bench to increase our back to back chances. We can't just hope we get 80 out of our starters the entire way through the finals.

Iamback

Coach
The bench does matter because the second we lose someone to injury or HIA we are forced to put reserve graders on the field. We need more from our bench to increase our back to back chances. We can't just hope we get 80 out of our starters the entire way through the finals.

That is the way our squad is structured though.

Who is a FGer out of Chris Smith or Preston Riki?

Because if we are moving out Kenny or Salmon for a 2nd rower they are our options.

We are top heavy to keep Quality in the starting side. There is a real lack of NRL standard depth at the club.

SOS and a couple of middles the exemption

mxlegend99

Referee
Coaches don’t change winning sides though, and we have won 15 from 16. So the team, including the bench, are getting the job done.
He dropped Staines who had not played in a loss. When there's a clear issue in the team the results shouldn't stop you fixing it.

Our starting side is getting the job done. Not our bench.

Latest posts