What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncs game

Old Timer

Coach
Haas has ruled himself out of SOO so in effect that should rule him out of club footy as well as no doubt he would have been selected

Latrell also ruled himself out of SOO and IMO he should now be ruled out of club footy for preempting the selection process

Players should say nothing about their availability before rep selection is done and dusted and if they do stiff shit sit in the sideline for the club game

Dragon David

First Grade
Nothing better than beating the Bronc's up there, seeing all the Red and White.

Have we won three in a row this year? Hope McGuire is ready to go.

Would love to see The Three Amigos and Chef Ramsey on the wing.
Yes we have won 3 in a row against Knights, Roosters and then Wests Tigers. Would be great if we can do it again against the Broncos and then the Roosters again for 4 in a row.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Remember for those who want Sloan on the wing, it's not just an attacking position. Do you really think Reynolds wouldn't pepper him with the same spirals on his wing that he couldn't catch at fullback?

I see Sloan being the only one they kick too while Ravalawa and Ramsey get nothing to return all day.

Until Sloan starts to show some improvement on this part of his game he shouldn't be playing any back 3 position IMO

Last edited:

RedVDave

First Grade
Ben Hunt is yet to lose against his former club since joining the Red V ...only problem is he's not playing however this gives Sullivan a chance to step up, they'll be missing Haas, Cobbo & Reynolds (maybe) so it's definitely a winnable game.

True_Believer

Juniors
Remember for those who want Sloan on the wing, it's not just an attacking position. Do you really think Reynolds wouldn't pepper him with the same spirals on his wing that he couldn't catch at fullback?

I see Sloan being the only one they kick too while Ravalawa and Ramsey get nothing to return all day.

Until Sloan starts to show some improvement on this part of his game he shouldn't be playing and back 3 position IMO
Yep, it's also about kick return meters which Sloan doesn't do well at all. He canters up to the line just like Dufty did. I'd rather keep Ramsay at FB and bring one of the other guys in if we need to replace Matt on the wing.

IMO Sloan isn't a winger. He's a fullback or he's not in the team. And at the moment, Ramsay is providing more impact for us than he did earlier in the year.

dungay dragon

Juniors

Until Sloan starts to show some improvement on this part of his game he shouldn't be playing any back 3 position IMO
Rava is also Rocks n Diamonds under the high ball 🤔 🤔

dungay dragon

Juniors
Mbye will be half and maybe Bud to the bench. There's no way Mr Conservative will play two inexperienced halves. :(

So when will Bud get his chance at halfback? When Hunt retires?
This is one of the Games each year That Tariq sets himself for
Would go one extra step and give him the Skipper honour for the day in Hunts absence to fire him up even more

kit66

Bench
Broncos will be weakened, vulnerable.
Great time to play Sullivan, Amone in the halves, see how they go, let them play a bit.
Can’t wait to see how they go.

lol, just kidding, enter Moses Mbye.

That's what we're all hoping for but I think he may go with Bird in the halves to start. Mbye hasn't played in the halves for us this year but Jacks worn the 6 jersey 4 times (for 2 wins). Hopefully it will be Sullivan in the halves though or at least on the bench.

Parko1310

Juniors
I seem to remember after origin I hook suggesting Sullivan had been training at half all week in case hunt wasn’t ready to go, and Mbye was always going to remain at hooker for that game. In saying that, Bud didn’t get a game last week so who knows what the thinking might be. I have no idea what the weather up there is like, but if it’s a dry track I’d be playing Bud at 7, but if it’s wet I’d maybe consider leaning towards Mbye as the game will be far more defensively minded. It’s a tough decision but I think Sullivan gets the call up.

redv13

Bench
Fox Sports saying Broncs have 10 out with SOO and injuries ………

Honestly zero excuses this week. Our forward pack can really set this up with a dominant performance. Bash the f**k out of the under manned Broncos forwards and let Suli, Lomax, Amone run riot etc

Latest posts