What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncs game

Illusion

Bench
Surely not!
I can’t see what Hook has to benefit from selecting Bud at 7 then switching for Mbye last minute.
Nothing to gain, if he wanted Mbye at 7 he’d select him at 7 I reckon.
Unless he’s the ultimate fan troll trying to send us all to alcoholism.
Mate lets hope he does stay true and plays the kid , I really rate Sully the best of the young guys ..... Like you say what would Hook benifit by making the switch , its like why wasn't Bud on the bench this year ...... Anyway lets wait and see ......

Dragon David

First Grade
Surely not!
I can’t see what Hook has to benefit from selecting Bud at 7 then switching for Mbye last minute.
Nothing to gain, if he wanted Mbye at 7 he’d select him at 7 I reckon.
Unless he’s the ultimate fan troll trying to send us all to alcoholism.
A last minute decision to put Mbye in the starting 7 spot and Sullivan on the bench wouldn't give much joy to Sullivan. In fact, I think he would be pissed off.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The Bronocs team is not as bad as everyone thinks.

Nui is a very good, nippy player, always in support.
Experience on the wings with Oates, who is near top try scorer this year in the NRL, and JP, who can bust tackles
In the centres theres Lee who can produce in a game (just dont know which one) and of course Staggs can carve up any team when he's on.
Then Reynolds ( if he plays) and Mam who showed whst he can do last game.
Thats just their backline.

One forward to keep an eye on for them is Xavier Willison, he's a monster.
Their forwards named also have experience bar their debutante on the edge.
The interesting selection for them is Gamble in the 17, who is a half, Walters playing hooker, Paix who's a half/fill in hooker, and of course Reynolds. This tells me there must be huge doubt over Reynolds playing, but I'm only guessing.

Whilst I expect us to win, ir won't be as easy as some have mentiobed.

justadragon

Bench
as far as the media goes in riding us about the raiders game, well that is to be expected, lets keep promoting a story just because we can. if the dragons would have lost that game, they would have written how we blew it and not that the better side on the day lost it. so personally i dont care and i think any true RL supporter would have felt the same, if hunt did what he did to win us the game and got away with it then good on him, he wasnt the first nor the last to bend the rules to get us a win, it could have gone either way, it went ours. as for finally seeing bud in there well i just wish him all the best, i know he has the talent, seeing him and junior together will really show us our future. I've said before i dont care if we win or lose i just want to see you boys shine, all the best young champ everyone at the dragons is with you.

redv13

Bench

Experience on the wings with Oates, who is near top try scorer this year in the NRL, and JP, who can bust tackles
In the centres theres Lee who can produce in a game (just dont know which one) and of course Staggs can carve up any team when he's on.

The interesting selection for them is Gamble in the 17, who is a half, Walters playing hooker, Paix who's a half/fill in hooker, and of course Reynolds. This tells me there must be huge doubt over Reynolds playing, but I'm only guessing.

Won’t be easy at all but if our forward pack doesn’t bash them and set the tone then they deserve a spell in reserves. Fight fire with fire and let the young flyers shred em out wide. Suli and Lomax are the keys after JDB, Lawrie, Su’a, Sims and Bird soften them up. Expecting a big game from Frank the tank when he gets on

Illusion

Bench
Won’t be easy at all but if our forward pack doesn’t bash them and set the tone then they deserve a spell in reserves. Fight fire with fire and let the young flyers shred em out wide. Suli and Lomax are the keys after JDB, Lawrie, Su’a, Sims and Bird soften them up. Expecting a big game from Frank the tank when he gets on
If they restrict Rynolds to a minimum we win this but if they let him control the game even without players they will get up .....

Dragon David

First Grade

The Broncos without their main players because of SOO duties and injuries will lift without a doubt. They will be hard to beat especially if we cannot score a lot of points.

Win, lose or draw, it will be good to see how the spine of Ramsey, Amone, Sullivan and McCullough go.

Our defence has improved so keep it up fellas.

itsme

Juniors

Staggs was very quiet last week. Points to a possible blinder this week, after the criticism he has copped.

Illusion

Bench
Including me and many thousands of Dragons supporters
You know what I hope doesn't happen , is if he does play Bud at 7 and he does make a mistake will that be it for him and we don't see him again ? If that's what happens then its on Hook for not having him on the bench this year ..... The young South half was shafted during the the game against us which I thought was a bit harsh on the kid as their whole team wasn't playing well , but credit to the coach and the young bloke , he was back in playing the following week ...... As I have said before , playing lower games does nothing to improve your game as it is a different game in many aspects ...... I know Ramsey has stepped up and happy for him and us , But to boot Sloan after the Sharks game and not see him again IMO not good , should have at least given him some time to work it out , If its to wait and bulk him up a bit then maybe , but if its to work on his game , then I don't see it helping ...... Anyway I for one hope that Bud has a blinder , the kid is tough as teak ......

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
The future is looking really good for the Broncos in my opinion. They were down the ladder well and truly in 2020 - coming last - and in 2021ended up in 14th spot on the ladder. They did bring in a lot of their young ones in those years and now they are starting to blossom in 2022 as shown with their current 5th position on the ladder. Now they have Reece Walsh going there plus they have lots of other young ones coming through, the future looks good.

I think a lot of there new found success has got to do with Ben Ikin leaving NRL 360 and becoming the Broncos' Football and Performance Director.

Hopefully we can develop into the future like them and the Panthers.

Trifili13

Juniors
The future is looking really good for the Broncos in my opinion. They were down the ladder well and truly in 2020 - coming last - and in 2021ended up in 14th spot on the ladder. They did bring in a lot of their young ones in those years and now they are starting to blossom in 2022 as shown with their current 5th position on the ladder. Now they have Reece Walsh going there plus they have lots of other young ones coming through, the future looks good.

I think a lot of there new found success has got to do with Ben Ikin leaving NRL 360 and becoming the Broncos' Football and Performance Director.

Hopefully we can develop into the future like them and the Panthers.
With their financial firepower and a whole city behind them (although there are many anti broncos fans in Brisbane) it was just a matter of time before they turned their position around. There will always be the allure of playing for a big club like the Broncos and the players they can attract. While us Dragon's supporters consider the Dragon's to be a famous club, that unfortunately does not have the same attraction in today's market. I see our immediate future in developing youth and hopefully they blossom, want to stick together and become successful (like Penrith) and then we can cherry pick to fill the gaps and pay "unders" as a successful club. Going out and splashing cash on a marquee signing is fraught with danger if it does not work out, especially if the rest of the team is ordinary.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm fearing bias and minimal rub of the green coming our way in this game. Every thing we do in both attack and defence will be looked at closely by the officials and anything minor will go against us. The media will have a field day rubbing it in.

Come on Dragons get us home in this one. We play the Broncs in the last round at home so, if we can beat them at Suncorp, we will have a good chance to beat them again in Round 25.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
With their financial firepower and a whole city behind them (although there are many anti broncos fans in Brisbane) it was just a matter of time before they turned their position around. There will always be the allure of playing for a big club like the Broncos and the players they can attract. While us Dragon's supporters consider the Dragon's to be a famous club, that unfortunately does not have the same attraction in today's market. I see our immediate future in developing youth and hopefully they blossom, want to stick together and become successful (like Penrith) and then we can cherry pick to fill the gaps and pay "unders" as a successful club. Going out and splashing cash on a marquee signing is fraught with danger if it does not work out, especially if the rest of the team is ordinary.
Agreed Trifili13.