What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
Spoke to someone today who is quite in the know when it comes to club decisions around the football dept.

I was told that if we drop either the tigers or warriors games in the next 2 weeks then the club will absolutely make a move when it comes to BA

That move being doing abso-f**king-lutely nothing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not sure mate as Bellamy is part of the furniture.

I for one will be very interested with how the Storm go once Bellamy retires.

If I were to guess - they will have teething issues when he retires but the building blocks of there winning culture will be maintained.
Not to mention the production line of junior stars poached from QLD and NZ. With their core group at a reasonable price (if you want to stay in Melbourne and still play NRL there’s only one option) they can bring cheap nuffies in to play limited support roles. They’ll be fine without Bellamy. I’m sure they’ll end up with a high quality coach whether they promote someone internally or recruit from outside.

Noise

Coach
You have to admit the team has changed a lot over nine years.
It certainly has. Other things that have changed in those 9 years (besides just the playing group) include the board, the head of football, some assistant coaches (except for Murph) ,recruitment staff, , training facilities, our home ground and membership numbers. Do you know what hasn’t changed? The head coach.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
It certainly has. Other things that have changed in those 9 years (besides just the playing group) include the board, the head of football, recruitment staff, , training facilities, our home ground and membership numbers. Do you know what hasn’t changed? The head coach.

and that one particular thing is what’s holding the club back.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Where is your evidence for this?
As if definitive evidence could be provided of an opinion and an argument...excellent trolling! My own opinion is that the coach has a squad perfectly capable of winning a competition but there are fundamental flaws in their game plan, their structures and their tactics - and these flaws are borne out by the way the team plays. To be frank, these flaws are quite obvious to most people with an extensive participatory background in playing , coaching and administrating rugby league.

So why do you think another coach will be able to do so? How many previous Eels coaches have been able to get the squad they need to win the comp?

If you actually read my post instead of waiting to exhale your syllogisms, you would see that I stated that I am not certain another coach can win the competition, but there is a possibility they can. Contrarily, it is my opinion, and an opinion shared by an overwhelming amount of Rugby League people, that this coach can't win a comp at Parramatta. Indeed, your own constant denigration of our chances would seem to betray that you share this belief.

As to previous Eels coaches, I would say that in my lifetime Terry Fearnley, John Peard, Jack Gibson, John Monie, Brian Smith, Michael Hagan, Daniel Anderson and now Brad Arthur have at some point had squads capable of winning a premiership

Again, you are blaming the coach when the solution is systemic to the club. The head coach doesn’t run the football operation these days, certainly not at our club, but probably not at any club. That stopped around the time Gould moved from Roosters coach to coaching director. There was just too much required to run a football operation, and the head coach needs to focus on coaching the team he’s given.
This is deliberately misleading. You cannot sincerely believe that the head coach is not instrumental in the entire football program - particularly a coach of nine years standing! Of course there are others involved, but if a coach of nine years standing is NOT instrumental in the entire program, then you have inadvertently provided yet another reason why he needs to go.

You are just so determined to fight with and alienate so many Parramatta supporters and ridicule them for their desire to win a premiership that there can be no possible way that you actually support Parramatta. I honestly think your fandom is a hopeless devotion to arguing with Parramatta fans on the internet, because you clearly have no desire to see the club win a premiership!

Luckily for you it doesn't look like happening this year and you will get endless months of fun on the internet to salve whatever emotional torment ails you. And yes, I am hoping that last sentence was enough of a reverse jinx for a Parramatta premiership!

Cloeel

Juniors
As if definitive evidence could be provided of an opinion and an argument...excellent trolling! My own opinion is that the coach has a squad perfectly capable of winning a competition but there are fundamental flaws in their game plan, their structures and their tactics - and these flaws are borne out by the way the team plays. To be frank, these flaws are quite obvious to most people with an extensive participatory background in playing , coaching and administrating rugby league.

If you actually read my post instead of waiting to exhale your syllogisms, you would see that I stated that I am not certain another coach can win the competition, but there is a possibility they can. Contrarily, it is my opinion, and an opinion shared by an overwhelming amount of Rugby League people, that this coach can't win a comp at Parramatta. Indeed, your own constant denigration of our chances would seem to betray that you share this belief.

As to previous Eels coaches, I would say that in my lifetime Terry Fearnley, John Peard, Jack Gibson, John Monie, Brian Smith, Michael Hagan, Daniel Anderson and now Brad Arthur have at some point had squads capable of winning a premiership

This is deliberately misleading. You cannot sincerely believe that the head coach is not instrumental in the entire football program - particularly a coach of nine years standing! Of course there are others involved, but if a coach of nine years standing is NOT instrumental in the entire program, then you have inadvertently provided yet another reason why he needs to go.

You are just so determined to fight with and alienate so many Parramatta supporters and ridicule them for their desire to win a premiership that there can be no possible way that you actually support Parramatta. I honestly think your fandom is a hopeless devotion to arguing with Parramatta fans on the internet, because you clearly have no desire to see the club win a premiership!

Luckily for you it doesn't look like happening this year and you will get endless months of fun on the internet to salve whatever emotional torment ails you. And yes, I am hoping that last sentence was enough of a reverse jinx for a Parramatta premiership!

Just because you share the same opinion as an "overwhelming amount of rugby league people" Does not necessarily make yours and there opinion right?

Maybe thats part of the problem?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It certainly has. Other things that have changed in those 9 years (besides just the playing group) include the board, the head of football, some assistant coaches (except for Murph) ,recruitment staff, , training facilities, our home ground and membership numbers. Do you know what hasn’t changed? The head coach.
So he’s remained while the team has gotten stronger?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just because you share the same opinion as an "overwhelming amount of rugby league people" Does not necessarily make yours and there opinion right?

Maybe thats part of the problem?
‘Rugby league people’ are a major part of what is wrong with the game. But ironically the game wouldn’t have survived without them. Nothing is simple, though simpletons are convinced otherwise.

Legal Eel

Juniors
‘Rugby league people’ are a major part of what is wrong with the game. But ironically the game wouldn’t have survived without them. Nothing is simple, though simpletons are convinced otherwise.
simpleton - excellent work. You must be so proud of your trolling skills and deservedly so.

TheRam

Coach
Not sure mate as Bellamy is part of the furniture.

I for one will be very interested with how the Storm go once Bellamy retires.

If I were to guess - they will have teething issues when he retires but the building blocks of there winning culture will be maintained.

I think that they will fall off a cliff.

EelsFan05

Bench

Arguing with him is a waste of your time and energy. He draws me in occasionally with his hypocrisy, but for the best part you would be better skipping past his tripe. He will always take the opposing side or an argument because his life revolves around these forums. If he's got no-one to argue with here, how would he fill the 24 hours in a day. By the number of posts and hours he spends here, he clearly has no life whatsoever.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We were our strongest in 2017.
Based on what? I reckon we overachieved in 2017.
Gone backwards since then and the regression has now plateaued out.
We certainly went backwards in 2018. Our three year rolling win rate (my personal heuristic for the strength of a club) would be its highest last year or this year, since maybe 2007. It certainly wouldn’t include 2017.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Small sample size.
Well you’re the one who loves dumb, unrepresentative samples, so I’m just speaking your language. If you ever want to throw a single game at me as a representative sample I’ll throw that back at you. Bellamy’s teams have conceded huge scores in other cherry picked finals matches as well.

lingard

Coach
Your claim that removing the coach will fix anything shows you miss the point. We don’t need less (sacking a coach), we need more. More money spent on scouts/recruiters and more benefits funnelled to players outside the cap for recruitment/retention. Getting rid of people isn’t the answer. We need more of them.

If you replace a coach with another coach, you still have the same number of coaches.