What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.18 v WT

Black Panther

Juniors
If anyone here thinks that we can be a force with Mitch Kenny as our starting 9 next then think again. He did 1 good thing all game, pass to JFH to score. Other than that he is terrible.
Not sure what Ivan was thinking either playing Jennings. I get we were very inexperienced, but FMD. He is going to the Dolphins.
Turuva or Jenkins are here long term, give them a go. We might as well play all the players who may be needed later on this year, Jennings has played First Grade before.
Hardest game to watch in about 3 years..

Girds89

Bench
Dyl edwards is on another level atm. Up there for best in game imo.

Staines had a few poor moments but other thsn that was terrific.

Jennings did a job. He did his back early in the first half. So did well to stay out there given no one else could defend at centre. Salmon way waaaay to slow.

Tago had some really strong runs.

Tiny was really solid. Some of his catches were incredible.

No ide why falls went off. Salmon was shocking in defence at 6. Just to slow.

Sos went ok. Some good kicks n poor ones. Tried really hard tho.

Leota was strong

Kenny was reslly good. 60 tackles and non stop effort. Nice try to.

Fish soo good.

Chris smith get injured? Otherwise why the eff didnt ivan bring him on for kiks? He was gassed and smith was really good in his stint.

Kiks was a weap first half. Got tired last 20 and i dint think he got into marker once? Man we will miss him tho.

Eiso so underatted. Hed start at lock st most clubs imo.

Luke didnt really get much time.

Sorensen was good.

Salmon was ok in attack. Defence out wide was soo bad.

Lindsay went really good but looked buggered

Overall it was good to get the two points. But the ball control was terrible.

The surface at parra is a disgrace. Always has been shit house. I know theres been a heap of rain but that wasnt up to standard.

Ivan mustve flogged the boys at training all week. They all looked spent.

Smug Panther

First Grade
If anyone here thinks that we can be a force with Mitch Kenny as our starting 9 next then think again. He did 1 good thing all game, pass to JFH to score. Other than that he is terrible.
Not sure what Ivan was thinking either playing Jennings. I get we were very inexperienced, but FMD. He is going to the Dolphins.
Turuva or Jenkins are here long term, give them a go. We might as well play all the players who may be needed later on this year, Jennings has played First Grade before.
I don't think Luke is up to it either but it would be nice to find out

I thought he was great and we didn’t lose much relative to Api. Service out of dummy half was crisp and out in front, there was some misdirection that kept the defence at bay; we made a lot of ground through the middle on plays 3/4/5 which is always a sign that the dummy half is working. Defence could improve; was a bit slow to marker at times. We certainly looked more fluid with him in the half than Luke (which is unfair on Luke as he hasn’t the experience).

But most importantly when we were struggling and needing someone to do something special he stepped up and won us the game. Comets the hour; if Api had of played the same game there would be the usual suspects on here saying how amazing he is and how we are going to be unable to replace him next year…

Girds89

Bench
Not sure what people expect of kenny?

Hes not api lol. He set up the match winning try. Wouldve put leota over in the exact same fashion in firat half to if leota had charged on like fish.

All his passes were crisp and on the chest and he directed them around well.

Yes he doesnt have apis speed or craftyness but he did really good.

55 really bone crunching tackles too.

The fact is if wed had our 6 origin stars bar api there and kenny played like that we win by 30.

People expecting him to do api things need a bit of a reality check.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I thought he was great and we didn’t lose much relative to Api. Service out of dummy half was crisp and out in front, there was some misdirection that kept the defence at bay; we made a lot of ground through the middle on plays 3/4/5 which is always a sign that the dummy half is working. Defence could improve; was a bit slow to marker at times. We certainly looked more fluid with him in the half than Luke (which is unfair on Luke as he hasn’t the experience).

But most importantly when we were struggling and needing someone to do something special he stepped up and won us the game. Comets the hour; if Api had of played the same game there would be the usual suspects on here saying how amazing he is and how we are going to be unable to replace him next year…

Kenny try assist with a lovely ball for Fish's try.

Munky

Coach
My only real issue with Kenny is the really stupid penalties and 6 agains. I get given the amount of tackles he makes that he will give away more than most, but a few today were brain dead and at times where a quicker play the ball wouldn't have troubled us at all.

It's my pet peeve that after a good kick and chase teams will hold down even if the line is set.

Let them waste tackles with no men back.

My only real issue with Kenny is the really stupid penalties and 6 agains. I get given the amount of tackles he makes that he will give away more than most, but a few today were brain dead and at times where a quicker play the ball wouldn't have troubled us at all.
Yeah that’s fair

I agree with that. Definitely need to work on that aspect.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why was Spencer dropped?

I had $100 on tigers at $3.50 I lost.

Hopgoods stats in NSW CUP are impressive. Does he walk into Parras side?

chrisD

Coach
Yeah he needs to cut the errors. A dangerous running game is a luxury we can and must do without with so much of our cap tied up elsewhere. He needs to provide dependable predictable service to our better players, defend reliably and otherwise become anonymous. The problem with Egan and Katoa is that our play makers and runners didn’t know what they were going to get running onto the ball.

Kenny does also tend to make the right decisions as far as who should get the ball and when he can and can’t run himself.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't understand how the Tigers at home lost to Penrith without 7 origin players. A NSW CUP spine basically bad Dylan.
Pretty dam poor tbh.

Latest posts