What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run Home Predictions

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
My run home predictions

1. 125 more BA nanna jokes. 123 of them will come from @Gazzamatta.
2. @hineyrulz will choke on his kraken at least 10 more times during the remaining games.
3. JA will be booed again.
4. We will win at least one game so spectacularly that everyone will go "how the f**k did they finish 7th?".
5. We will lose in week 2 of the finals.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Round - Team - Location - Prediction
20) V Penrith @ Parra - L
21) V Manly @ Manly - W
22) V Souths @ Parra - W
23) V Bulldogs @ Parra - L
24) V Brisbane @ Brisbane - L
25) V Storm @ Parra - W

Too Optimistic?

I don't want to be negative, but I can't see us winning any of those... Maybe the Dogs, and Broncos...

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don't reckon there's a game in there we can't win, least likely wins are this week and round 22 vs Souths, most likely are round 23 v Dogs and round 25 v Storm.

Based on our form we'll win two random games where we're underdogs, and shit the bed for the rest.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Attitude, and psychology, are our two biggest weaknesses this season (leading to poor defence).

I'm not sure I see this ragtag bunch of misfits coming together, with so much on the line, to go on a run.

emjaycee

Coach
Attitude, and psychology, are our two biggest weaknesses this season (leading to poor defence).

I'm not sure I see this ragtag bunch of misfits coming together, with so much on the line, to go on a run.
This is what I posted after the loss on Thursday - according to someone in the club, our players are lacking confidence and feeling the pressure. The first doesnt go away without some wins and the second increases with more wins, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario.

Eelementary

Post Whore
This is what I posted after the loss on Thursday - according to someone in the club, our players are lacking confidence and feeling the pressure. The first doesnt go away without some wins and the second increases with more wins, so it's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario.

I agree.

I will support them, no matter what - but I think psychologically, we are done.

Of course, IF we beat Penrith, I think it will spur us on for the remainder of the year.

King-Gutho94

Coach
When i think about it that Tigers loss at home may have done more damage mentally to this team then what people may think as the season wears on.

As its probably created more doubt in the players minds that anyone can beat them on there day and haven't had any consistency in there performances since that game.

We were 4 wins & 1 loss and started the season pretty good. Beat Melbourne and smashed the dragons with the best attacking football we have produced in years.

We were about to go 5-1 when we played the Winless tigers on Easter Monday. Since that day we have gone 7 wins 6 losses and haven't really clicked since. We had strong wins in Canberra & Penrith and a impressive 40 mins against the Roosters at Home. But not much else to really rave on about since then.

emjaycee

Coach
I agree.

I will support them, no matter what - but I think psychologically, we are done.

Of course, IF we beat Penrith, I think it will spur us on for the remainder of the year.
We have been psychologically done since 1987 mate.
This is the "soft underbelly", the "finals chokers" that everyone talks about with Parramatta.
I have no idea how it can continue with new players, new coaches, new board and management, but for some reason the pressure to perform well and win the big dance has been too much for our club for too long.
God only knows how to break it. I think that was part of BA's idea with the Watmough, Foran, Scott, Ferguson, Jennings signings - get some players in who have been 'winners' and try and shift the mindset from within.

Eelementary

Post Whore
This is the "soft underbelly", the "finals chokers" that everyone talks about with Parramatta.
I have no idea how it can continue with new players, new coaches, new board and management, but for some reason the pressure to perform well and win the big dance has been too much for our club for too long.
God only knows how to break it. I think that was part of BA's idea with the Watmough, Foran, Scott, Ferguson, Jennings signings - get some players in who have been 'winners' and try and shift the mindset from within.

Very good point.

And I think until we can jag a Premiership, the soft underbelly will remain.

I am hopeful that the team's prize in themselves will push them to compete hard in the remaining 6 games, but I'm not confident.

The losses to the Dogs, Tigers, Cowboys, and Broncos suddenly became that much more important.

yy_cheng

Coach
I do agree with this.

Get Dale Finnucane to lead the team.
Get Beau effen Scott as our defense coach.

We need to get some hard men in here to lead the way and if you don't buy it, then go and sit in 2nds

Latest posts