What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run Home Predictions

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hasn't really affected Penrith's price yet. I got on them at $1.31 (Sportsbet) on Thursday night and last night they had come in slightly to $1.28 but they are back at $1.31 again. Things are likely to change when the teams are announced. I'd expect them to 'blow out' to about $1.50 if Luai and Crichton aren't named.

emjaycee

Coach
Hasn't really affected Penrith's price yet. I got on them at $1.31 (Sportsbet) on Thursday night and last night they had come in slightly to $1.28 but they are back at $1.31 again. Things are likely to change when the teams are announced. I'd expect them to 'blow out' to about $1.50 if Luai and Crichton aren't named.
It's very exciting.
Makes TLT fun.

lingard

Coach
We have been psychologically done since 1987 mate.
This is the "soft underbelly", the "finals chokers" that everyone talks about with Parramatta.
I have no idea how it can continue with new players, new coaches, new board and management, but for some reason the pressure to perform well and win the big dance has been too much for our club for too long.
God only knows how to break it. I think that was part of BA's idea with the Watmough, Foran, Scott, Ferguson, Jennings signings - get some players in who have been 'winners' and try and shift the mindset from within.

This is one reason I would like to give Flannagan a go. Cronulla were like that forever, until he came along. He knows how to change that shit.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This is one reason I would like to give Flannagan a go. Cronulla were like that forever, until he came along. He knows how to change that shit.
They also started recruiting much better after he joined and we eventually found out how (except in the year they won). To me this shows a win-at-any-cost attitude through the whole club, which was proven by the drugs cheating on top of the salary cap cheating. Would the Sharks have won without taking these steps? They won a grand final by only two points, and if cheating didn't provide any benefit nobody would take the risk.

Chipmunk

Coach
You know what they call people who don't have a win at all costs attitude?

The Losers.

I don't think we would have got to be a Top 6 team so quickly if we hadn't cheated the salary cap. It's also the main reason the coach is still here.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't reckon there's a game in there we can't win, least likely wins are this week and round 22 vs Souths, most likely are round 23 v Dogs and round 25 v Storm.

Based on our form we'll win two random games where we're underdogs, and shit the bed for the rest.

At 3.25 at home against panthers missing 2 x origin players and a starting prop.
We will be a 50/50 I reckon. Good odds @Poupou Escobar

hindy111

Post Whore
That's the kind of game we'll win, then lose to the Sea Homophobes and Dogs

Pou got on Panthers at 1.30. I wouldn't touch them. They just don't have a whole lot to play for do they? They could probably not win another game and still take minor premiership. Most likely only need 1 or 2 wins from 6.
Perhaps they want to get that 20 wins for the season ut they'd only need 3/6 for that.
I can see them slowly building intensity up in rnds 23 and 24 before easing off in 25. I just don't see them going all out in this one for some reason. They just have no need.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You know what they call people who don't have a win at all costs attitude?

The Losers.

I don't think we would have got to be a Top 6 team so quickly if we hadn't cheated the salary cap. It's also the main reason the coach is still here.
I think doing anything at all costs is unsustainable. That includes winning.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
At 3.25 at home against panthers missing 2 x origin players and a starting prop.
We will be a 50/50 I reckon. Good odds @Poupou Escobar
I don't bet just to make money. I mostly bet to put the mocker on the opposition. I paid $300 for the Panthers to lose. If the rugby league gods don't come through they have to give me $400. You're welcome.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't bet just to make money. I mostly bet to put the mocker on the opposition. I paid $300 for the Panthers to lose. If the rugby league gods don't come through they have to give me $400. You're welcome.

f**k it I'm in a good mood.

$30 and you get Penrith I have the Eels? Are you on?