What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Iamback

Coach
There's a real risk of event fatigue in Non RL cities though, and for fans who like to use it as an excuse to visit another city for a short break. I could see that working in Brisbane but not in Adelaide, Perth or Melbourne. Maybe 2 years in Brisbane, 1 year in other city, 2 years in Sydney,1 year in other city, repeat, presuming those cities are willing to stump up the cash to host. Gives enough gap to not get that fatigue and drives competitive bidding.

International season? lol

You aren't going to get the same fans going each year though but also say it is a cost of $20m, If you know x city is giving you $100m it can be used for projects.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You aren't going to get the same fans going each year though but also say it is a cost of $20m, If you know x city is giving you $100m it can be used for projects.
True and there is def benefits to have it locked in. I've started a GF thread so we can keep the discussion to stadiums in this one.

Wb1234

Referee
Perth lacked 1st class quality stadiums
Same reason Adelaide oval was done

Parramatta cost $300m
SFS $800m
Penrith $400m

There is $1.5m there.

Because you need to have some consistency. Look at the GF promos for example, You need to be able to as a marketing team go to those sponsors and include that. Say Perth gets it you are able to say to them until 2026 the GF is in Perth for them to target the Perth customers.

So I couldn't care less where it is played just do it in multiple year blocks. to allow for that sort of thing
Nrl didn’t want 800 million spent on the sfs
Penrith isn’t being done for the nrl either

and yeh I forgot about Adelaide being done

we are still left with accor which is probably the worst big stadium in Australia Only just behind the mcg

Iamback

Coach

we are still left with accor which is probably the worst big stadium in Australia Only just behind the mcg

Whether the NRL wanted them or not is beside the point. They will be there for NRL use

Yes but Accor once Souths move to SFS is barely used

Colk

First Grade
They are only restrained because people like you say they are and almost everyone like you believes it.

Besides I have no sympathy for either Fed or State Governments. If they are for example to stupid or corrupts to create a State or Australia Bank to finance everything at literally at 0% interest like they should, then stuff them.

Don't start me on this. People don't understand economics and I am just over it trying to educate or convince people how it all works. At the very least people should look at how China funds most of its infrastructure expenditure and no it isn't with all the money it makes from selling it's goods to the rest of the world. Hint, they have two currencies, a domestic one and then the international one. They don't even do it right and it could be done so much better and they are still killing it because they don't give a fu*k about the Wests bullsh*t hobbling banker rules that just enslave you to banker interest.

People need to wake the fu*k up. But I'm over it. Build, build, build.

No state governments are constrained because they are dependent on money coming in via stamp duties and other revenue coming in. They don’t operate their own fiat currency like a sovereign federal government.

In essence state governments can become broke because of supply constraints. Federal governments go broke because of hyper inflation and lack of demand of the currency - nobody wants the currency and it becomes worthless.

Colk

First Grade
So constrained they found 450 million for a stadium in a marginal seat

then won’t commit to the rest of the spend which will be years and years away when the flood victims will have been taken care of

I’m not suggesting that they don’t have the money or whatever. I’m just stating a fact: that is state governments are constrained by budgets and supply of money, whereas federal governments aren’t.

And the NRL could match that by saving $15 million of their own money. Set up an 'infrastructure budget portfolio', where the NRL could fund $30 million per year on suburban grounds and do the upgrades in stages.

So the NRL should set up a fund to do up grounds which are owned by either:

1. Their respective State Governments;
2. Their local council; or
3. Privately owned by one club (i.e. The Sharks).

I mean when do lessees usually pay for upgrades directly for properties they lease? Almost never.

Sorry but that is a daft idea and defies commercial sense.

No state governments are constrained because they are dependent on money coming in via stamp duties and other revenue coming in. They don’t operate their own fiat currency like a sovereign federal government.

In essence state governments can become broke because of supply constraints. Federal governments go broke because of hyper inflation and lack of demand of the currency - nobody wants the currency and it becomes worthless.

Sorry but go back to the 2019 NSW election. The ALP were making big noises about "hospitals over stadiums" line then. Gladys initially muffed it in her initial press conference, but she came out a day later and basically said "we can have it all, it does not need to be ither/or".

What happened? Virtually never a peep out of the ALP again on the issue during the 2019 election campaign.

TheRam

Coach

They don't need to mate. They just need to know how to setup a proper State bank. This is an old video but she has been on about this for years. We used to have a State Bank too. See from around the 4 min mark. But there is nothing new about this and many have spoken about doing something similar but Governments are now totally beholden to the private banks and would never go against their masters now without a revolution. It will come my friend. It will come. Either that or we will just live in poverty as they want us too, the few that are left that is.

It's not about making money for them anymore. They have it all. Now it's about crushing us enough and reducing us in number enough for us to never rise up against them ever again. They love the feudalist slave system. I mean why wouldn't they and why wouldn't they want to bring it back techno style?

Sounds far fetched? You should read their white papers or books that they themselves have written. Who are they? Well if you don't know by now, you aren't worth bothering about. You won't see it coming. As Aldus Huxley famously said, 'You will learn to love your servitude.'

Last edited:
Works for the Superbowl...

Yes but the Superbowl:

1. The venue is decided years in advance (The venues are locked in till the end of 2025 already);
2. Has a week's break in between the Conference Championships and it being held;
3. Only has 1 game on, there are no curtain raisers;
4. The teams fly around the country in chartered jets in the regular season;
5. Tickets go on sale well before there is any idea of which teams will be in it, often selling out before the finals even start;
6. Ticket prices are massively higher than comparable NRL Grand Final ticket prices; and
7. Is in a sport which has great financial resources available.

Except the public tide is against Vlandys so far, he’s come across as petulant and selfish. He’s never winning a battle for justifying the funding when the govt says it’s going to people in greater need. He compounded it with the gf threat, getting Sydney rl fans that might have been behind him offside, and it’s interesting to see how quickly he is backtracking on that already. Threatening to take the gf elsewhere looks a cash grab to your avg sydney fan, he could have at least justified it with what the nrl would use the extra money for. Then to top it all he made himself sound stupid by bringing childrens health into the debate!
I learnt a long time ago from a seasoned campaigner that arguments with the govt are best had behind closed doors.
the public tide ?
hahaha

200 toff & fumbleball halfwits commenting are not the public tide , they're a pack of jealous f**kwits who hate our sport
f**k them & their braindead hypocrisy

While Vlandys continues his narrative that our sport has been wronged & double crossed like it has time & time again by this govt & other ones , & it absolutely has, the mud he is throwing will stick.

The NSW Govt are agreement welching scum , keep banging on about this
& when Sydney's NRL fans are watching their GF on TV rather then attending it ... the focus & heat will be on the politicians who reneged , not Vlandys

Colk

First Grade
Sorry but go back to the 2019 NSW election. The ALP were making big noises about "hospitals over stadiums" line then. Gladys initially muffed it in her initial press conference, but she came out a day later and basically said "we can have it all, it does not need to be ither/or".

What happened? Virtually never a peep out of the ALP again on the issue during the 2019 election campaign.

I think people here are arguing extraneous points. I’m not arguing here on this specific point or occasion that that they don’t have the money. I’m certain they are using floods and other circumstances as a reason or excuse (depending on where you sit) not to go ahead with these stadiums. They have obviously made the decision that they have to make savings and they have made the determination that this saving is more politically expedient for them.

All I’m saying is a general statement. State governments don’t operate their own currencies, ergo they are fiscally constrained. They can only spend what they can bring in - it is a supply issue. This is different to the Federal government who can go into debt and not worry about supply because they (reserve bank for them) can create money. They are the sole issuers of a sovereign currency (fiat currency). The constraints a Federal government has is therefore not the supply of a currency but the value of the currency or of the dollar.

the NRL were willing to lock in 20 years of GF's in Sydney for some expenditure on stadia that would benefit all rectangle sports in Sydney , not just RL
but were treated like shit

time to return the sentiment

Wb1234

Referee
Whether the NRL wanted them or not is beside the point. They will be there for NRL use

Yes but Accor once Souths move to SFS is barely used
So why is the nrl giving up the grand final for grounds it’s not getting so much benefit from

what did soccer and union give up ?
Or are they just piggybacking off rugby league

So why is the nrl giving up the grand final for grounds it’s not getting so much benefit from

what did soccer and union give up ?
Or are they just piggybacking off rugby league
ofc they're piggybacking , letting RL fight the battles that tbh due to their level of relevance couldn't themselves.

I think people here are arguing extraneous points. I’m not arguing here on this specific point or occasion that that they don’t have the money. I’m certain they are using floods and other circumstances as a reason or excuse (depending on where you sit) not to go ahead with these stadiums. They have obviously made the decision that they have to make savings and they have made the determination that this saving is more politically expedient for them.

All I’m saying is a general statement. State governments don’t operate their own currencies, ergo they are fiscally constrained. They can only spend what they can bring in - it is a supply issue. This is different to the Federal government who can go into debt and not worry about supply because they (reserve bank for them) can create money. They are the sole issuers of a sovereign currency (fiat currency). The constraints a Federal government has is therefore not the supply of a currency but the value of the currency or of the dollar.
100 billion of infrastructure spending that the NSW Govt has planned .... says you're a clown

Colk

First Grade
They don't need to mate. They just need to know how to setup a proper State bank. This is an old video but she has been on about this for years. We used to have a State Bank too. See from around the 4 min mark. But there is nothing new about this and many have spoken about doing something similar but Governments are now totally beholden to the private banks and would never go against their masters now without a revolution. It will come my friend. It will come. Either that or we will just live in poverty as they want us too, the few that are left that is.

It's not about making money for them anymore. They have it all. Now it's about crushing us enough and reducing us in number enough for us to never rise up against them ever again. They love the feudalist slave system. I mean why wouldn't they and why wouldn't they want to bring it back techno style?

Sounds far fetched? You should read their white papers or books that they themselves have written. Who are they? Well if you don't know by now, you aren't worth bothering about. You won't see it coming. You as, Aldus Huxley famously said, will learn to love your servitude.

I think we are talking about roughly the same thing but coming from it differently

I agree with the idea of a state bank and we used to have a state bank. I believe it was taken over by Westpac. I also agree that state governments have been awful (so has the federal government) with selling off public assets.

Nevertheless the states would still technically be constrained because a) they would still have to issue the federal reserve currency, the Australian dollar and b) there are reserve limits. For the total amount that a bank loans out that they have a limit or reserve in case the proverbial hits the fan. Although that hasn’t stopped it (the proverbial hitting the fan) happening on multiple occasions.

All in all, I agree that if people actually knew that their tax dollars weren’t supplying the federal government with money to spend but more to the point indirectly helping already rich people with their investments, it would be utter chaos. Nobody would work and I wouldn’t blame them.

Colk

First Grade

I think Accor is worse than the MCG but each to their own. Although in saying that it might be because the MCG was near full when I went to the cricket

Latest posts