What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel we need to wrap D.Brown up soon. I'm also happy to let Moses go for this to happen.
Yes Moses has better defense but he is still a weak link. Brown is not. I have no issue with this happening. Moses I think has a great long boot and can be dangerous running the ball. But under pressure he doesn't seem to step up and gets flustered. I dont think he will ever change.
Plus I like to prioritise Dylan based on him always being at our club. This is how you build a footy side.

Gutherson in halves could work. JA may end up better then we think or another young half may pop up.
Unsure how strong a side we would have if spent 2 mill on our halves pairing. You need balance.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't want to be critical as you will drop games.
But had we not lost to Dogs or Tigers we would be on 32 points and 2nd position. The rain also cost us against Brisbane. We are a dry weather team. That STONE moment against the Sharks was also 2 points thrown away. Yes these things happen but f**k we could of even been on 34 points and with Penriths halves out been fighting for the minor premiership.

And right now we could of been looking at a home final against maybe the Sharks or Cowboys.
But with 4 games to go we are actualy still a red hot chance of 2nd spot. It actualy is quite exciting.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But had we not lost to Dogs or Tigers we would be on 32 points and 2nd position. The rain also cost us against Brisbane. We are a dry weather team. That STONE moment against the Sharks was also 2 points thrown away. Yes these things happen but f**k we could of even been on 34 points and with Penriths halves out been fighting for the minor premiership.

And right now we could of been looking at a home final against maybe the Sharks or Cowboys.
But with 4 games to go we are actualy still a red hot chance of 2nd spot. It actualy is quite exciting.
Our points differential shows we haven’t deserved to win more games than we have. You can’t take the unexpected wins without the unexpected losses.

parra pete

Referee

should have beaten sharks in round 1...got nutted on the bell...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I for one didn't think we'd beat Penrith or Manly away. That's two very good wins. Need to fix the defense a little.
The ordinary defence is part of who this team is. We are fourth in attack and eighth in defence. We are outsiders for the premiership but definitely a chance. And as you say, even a chance for top four.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Unlikely for 2nd

We need to win all 4 games and Cowboys need to lose 3 games out of 5.

They play Penrith last round at home where the reserve grade side will be sent up. So I expect them to beat Penrith.

Need Dogs, Souths and Chooks to beat them.

They have warriors as well but you may as well chalk that up for a win for them.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our points differential shows we haven’t deserved to win more games than we have. You can’t take the unexpected wins without the unexpected losses.

That's absolute bullshit. What a peanut comment.
If you are capable of beating the best sides then losing to the worse is a result of not being consistent or playing at best. Or even at an ok level to win.
The games we where not expected to win the opposition didn't throw it away. We beat them in a dog fight.
That SHARKS game we literally threw away 2 points.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you are capable of beating the best sides then losing to the worse is a result of not being consistent or playing at best. Or even at an ok level to win.
The games we where not expected to win the opposition didn't throw it away. We beat them in a dog fight.
No, randomness is a factor in every game. For stronger teams they are more likely to still win when they are off their game or just unlucky in a close one. Weaker teams are more likely to play their best (or have some luck) and still lose.

hindy111

Post Whore
Also after watching Maratas form this season I don't think his loss will be missed a whole lot. Same goes for Kafusi amd Stone.
Mahoney is a good player but he sure isn't a superstar. This was probably the year I felt he would go to another level. I've seen enough now to say he is just a good hooker but replaceable.

Hopgood is going to be a nice signing. The only real shame is Papali'i leaving. But if we have the cash to keep him then we have the cash to find another 500k player to add to the squad.

2023 may not be as doom and gloom as we where thinking.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Also after watching Maratas form this season I don't think his loss will be missed a whole lot. Same goes for Kafusi amd Stone.
Mahoney is a good player but he sure isn't a superstar. This was probably the year I felt he would go to another level. I've seen enough now to say he is just a good hooker but replaceable.

Hopgood is going to be a nice signing. The only real shame is Papali'i leaving. But if we have the cash to keep him then we have the cash to find another 500k player to add to the squad.

2023 may not be as doom and gloom as we where thinking.
Alternatively we move Matto to the edge, Hopgood starts at lock and rotates with Nrown and we use Ice’s money to upgrade and lock in both Moses and Drown long term. I could live with that.

strider

Post Whore
I for one didn't think we'd beat Penrith or Manly away. That's two very good wins. Need to fix the defense a little.
My ladder predictor had us losing to manly at brooky .... they have a very goo record there. Prior to the roosters game where they had half their team missing they were 7-2 at home which was i think equal 2nd best ... now they are 7-4 and considering cheap flights in september

hindy111

Post Whore
It's also close to time to start putting Jnr Paulo in the conversations when we talk about best ever parra jnr to play his career at the club. We all talk about Hindmarsh, Hayne, Semi in the last 25yrs. Who else? Jnr names needs to be on the same line as these guys I feel. Maybe he is the best I've seen since I have watched us.
Hayne was special but his career fizzled and went sour. Semi just didn't hang around long enough.

Dylan Brown must be signed. He may also become one of these guys.

hindy111

Post Whore
My ladder predictor had us losing to manly at brooky .... they have a very goo record there. Prior to the roosters game where they had half their team missing they were 7-2 at home which was i think equal 2nd best ... now they are 7-4 and considering cheap flights in september

And if had the magnificent 7 against Rooster they probably win.

strider

Post Whore
I thought the games we were not expected to win always had an excuse for the opposition ... i must have misunderstood

strider

Post Whore
And if had the magnificent 7 against Rooster they probably win.
Thats too big an if ... des would have pumped the rest of the team up with a good adversity pep talk and got em playing up a level to cover .... i think the roosters are coming home strong, probably would have beaten them anyway

Latest posts