What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run Home Predictions

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just a random $30 bet against a punt I’ve already put down. If Parra wins I’m happy. If they lose I get $100. If I took your bet I would only get $70 if we lost, with a $30 bonus if we won. If we win I won’t care about $30 ffs

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You know what they call people who don't have a win at all costs attitude?

The Losers.

I don't think we would have got to be a Top 6 team so quickly if we hadn't cheated the salary cap. It's also the main reason the coach is still here.
I think getting caught was far more important than the cheating bit (which we did really f**ken badly).

Meant a voluntary adminstrator could come in and sweep out the pissants and their factions and develop some governance, professionalism and business acumen befitting of a multimillion dollar organisation.

hindy111

Post Whore
Just a random $30 bet against a punt I’ve already put down. If Parra wins I’m happy. If they lose I get $100. If I took your bet I would only get $70 if we lost, with a $30 bonus if we won. If we win I won’t care about $30 ffs

You're forgetting one thing.

The fun of it. A random bet with some guy you've never met and likely to never meet but known for 12yrs.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Only thing that will save us from dropping out of the 8 is that the majority of teams around us also have tough runs home and they still have to make up two games on us.

Still very possible it occurs though, especially considering if they get equal with us on points our F/A is terrible... The Raiders actually have a good run home whether they are mentally strong enough to take advantage of it is the question.

I think we will need to win two games to be safe and on form that looks highly unlikely, we are weak mentally and that shows in our defence which is embarrassing.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Only thing that will save us from dropping out of the 8 is that the majority of teams around us also have tough runs home and they still have to make up two games on us.

Still very possible it occurs though, especially considering if they get equal with us on points our F/A is terrible... The Raiders actually have a good run home whether they are mentally strong enough to take advantage of it is the question.

I think we will need to win two games to be safe and on form that looks highly unlikely, we are weak mentally and that shows in our defence which is embarrassing.
Probs 3 wins to be safe as our F/A will only get worse.

If we can pull of a miracle this week and beat Penrith.

I think we should take care of Manly & Dogs at least on the way home to get 30.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Probs 3 wins to be safe as our F/A will only get worse.

If we can pull of a miracle this week and beat Penrith.

I think we should take care of Manly & Dogs at least on the way home to get 30.

There's the key word brother... I honestly would back Manly at home to beat us regardless, especially because they will be desperate and tbh we were lucky to knock them off at home earlier this year.

The Dogs are playing dangerous footy because they have nothing to lose, smashing us by 30 a few weeks ago is proof of that.

The way our form is so up and down none of these remaining games can we count as wins at all.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're forgetting one thing.

The fun of it. A random bet with some guy you've never met and likely to never meet but known for 12yrs.
I think we'll definitely meet. Next time I come to Sydney we'll catch up and have a wager, like these guys:

R.a813237f0c043b1090ba45d2264f1730

Parra

Referee
We win against Penrith, Manly, Souths, Melbourne & Brisbane and bin it badly against the Dogs

King-Gutho94

Coach
4 games left now.

Should be aiming for a minimum 3 wins I suspect to scrape into the 4.

I suspect we will lose this week and win our last 3 games.

That storm round 25 game may be the deciding factor for 4th place.

Melbourne, Brisbane, Roosters and Souths have all tough run home like us as we all play each other.

So it's basically a final series a month before the finals.

eels_fan

First Grade
I’ve got us losing to Rabbits and then winning Dogs and Broncos
Then it all hinges on the storm game.

win and we’re 4th
Lose and we’re 6th

win all 4 somehow and we’ll finish 3rd and play cronulla (yep I have them 2nd and cowboys dropping a couple of games to end to the year).

emjaycee

Coach
4 games left now.

Should be aiming for a minimum 3 wins I suspect to scrape into the 4.

I suspect we will lose this week and win our last 3 games.

That storm round 25 game may be the deciding factor for 4th place.

Melbourne, Brisbane, Roosters and Souths have all tough run home like us as we all play each other.

So it's basically a final series a month before the finals.
Are we guaranteed to get to week 3?

King-Gutho94

Coach
So if we finish 4th we play Panthers at Penrith.
Is that a game we (us fans) want?
I would rather 4th then 5th.

If it's at Penrith so be it. I reckon the NRL would want the game at Homebush in front of 60-70k but Penrith won't want to give the home ground advantage for week 1.

Guarantees a home final week 2 at a minimum. And 2 straight finals at least in Sydney which is something we have never had under BA.

Will we make week 3 from 4th couldn't lock it in but surely we avoid a straight sets at least this time around our record off a loss this year is very good. And we have to get over that gorilla of a week 2 exit eventually.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Good thread. My predications are leaning to:

Souths (H) - Loss, potentially quite big
Dogs (H) - Win big (will really need it)
Broncos (A) - Even chance... maybe a tight win, but possibly loss
Storm (H) - Possible tight loss, unless Storm have secured fourth spot and rest some players?

Despite possibly only winning one game from the next four, I still have us finishing in 7th spot - but facing the Rabbitohs in finals week one 🥴.

I think Roosters end the Dragon's season this week, and then Sharks end the Sea Eagles season the week after. I see Rabbitohs ending teh Roosters season in the final round SFS clash and finishing sixth, with the Raiders winning four from four to take 8th spot (unless our losses aren't close and they manage to leap our points differential and push us down to 8th).

Gronk

Staff member
Souths are always too slick for us. We won’t be able to stop them, but we can win if we score more than them. Sounds dumb, but we can’t drop our heads.

I won’t bother doing the ladder predictor because I just pick the eels every week. 🤓

TheParraboy

Staff member
Need to roll Souths IMO. Could play them again in the finals

Bash and belt them hard and early, They have a tendency to put on a lot of points early when they are fresh, then its uphill from there chasing and game basically lost. Need to give them something to think about for the finals other than oh its Parra lets just flick it out wide, not as simple as that but it just appears that it is

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Good thread. My predications are leaning to:

Souths (H) - Loss, potentially quite big
Dogs (H) - Win big (will really need it)
Broncos (A) - Even chance... maybe a tight win, but possibly loss
Storm (H) - Possible tight loss, unless Storm have secured fourth spot and rest some players?

Despite possibly only winning one game from the next four, I still have us finishing in 7th spot - but facing the Rabbitohs in finals week one 🥴.

I think Roosters end the Dragon's season this week, and then Sharks end the Sea Eagles season the week after. I see Rabbitohs ending teh Roosters season in the final round SFS clash and finishing sixth, with the Raiders winning four from four to take 8th spot (unless our losses aren't close and they manage to leap our points differential and push us down to 8th).
We beat the storm regularly now when they are full strength……we are at home and they have lots of injuries

and our record in Brisbane is good

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Next 2 games are tricky, hopefully get 1 win, and last 2, we have a pretty good chance of winning (and good records against both)…..