What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 112 51.1%

• Total voters

King-Gutho94

Coach
This seriously has to be his last season if they don't make the preliminary finals.
I don't think the board is brave enough to make the call.

Who would you replace him with though.

I wamt him gone bit I have no idea who his replacement should be because the cupboard is bare.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If Shane Flanagan was coaching this team we would be comfortably in the top 4 and challenging for the Title. The dumbest, soft, mentally weak team in the comp coached by an absolute struggler. Tactically he would struggle to get a gig in u14's.

King-Gutho94

Coach
If Des Hasler gets punted from Manly after next season (which could happen) what do people think of us signing him?

The dressing room doors will be a little worried.

Not sure about Des I don't think where are now as a roster will suit him.

Probably wouldn't want him in control of the salary cap either. Look at Canterbury and Manly in 2012 after he left.

Change is needed if we don't get to a preliminary final at a minimum.

But don't think Des and Parramatta is a combination that will work.

hindy111

Post Whore
If Des Hasler gets punted from Manly after next season (which could happen) what do people think of us signing him?

I want Slater. Big 4 weeks for BA I reckon.
He is gone if -

If we finish outside 8 which is unlikely.
Scrape into 8 and out 1st week
Scrape into 8 win week 1 and flogged week 2

He stays if -

We win last 3 and finish top 4. Even if out in 2 straight.
Win last 3 and finish out of top 4 but win first week and competitive 2nd week win or loss.
Finish lower in ladder but win 2 finals games and get to week 3 or better.

I'd almost rather we either capitulate this season or get to week 3 or better. The idea of finishing 5th or 6th and winning week 1 and a close loss in week 2 only to keep BA for 2023 wouldn't in my just be history repeating and no change.

Ideal is we win last 3 and get to week 3 of finals or better. It isn't out of the equation yet.

JokerEel

Coach
He is gone if -

He stays if -

Win last 3 and finish out of top 4 but win first week and competitive 2nd week win or loss.

I'd almost rather we either capitulate this season or get to week 3 or better. The idea of finishing 5th or 6th and winning week 1 and a close loss in week 2 only to keep BA for 2023 wouldn't in my just be history repeating and no change.

Ideal is we win last 3 and get to week 3 of finals or better. It isn't out of the equation yet.

Yep Slater would be good. Smart coach who has the Queenslander mentality with lots of contacts.

Avenger

Immortal
I don't think the board is brave enough to make the call.

Who would you replace him with though.

I wamt him gone bit I have no idea who his replacement should be because the cupboard is bare.
If we go out meekly I think they will make the call. I don’t think they will sack him immediately but they’ll let him know that 2023 will be his last. Which I think is stupid. Todd Payten would be nice but why would he leave a club he has built and a serious chance at a premiership. They are in a proper premiership window not a play school one like ours.

I’d be giving the gig to Shane Flanagan. He is the only viable alternative. The rest are either inexperienced or under contract.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He is gone if -

He stays if -

I’m glad such an important decision comes down to a few games. Awesome!