What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 107 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 109 50.5%

• Total voters

JokerEel

Coach
Bellamy and Bennett have said on countless ocassions that they can't explain something....I tend to think its more a case of a coach not wanting to discuss it in a f**ken press conference when it is still raw.

We as fans read far too much into press conferences because that 5-10min a week is our only real source of info outside of the game (i.e. we know f**k all).

Didn't Bellamy just this year say he did not know why they were so shit? (Or something similar) after losing 3 in a row?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I put a lot more stock in decision making. This isn’t the EPL where you literally have zero chance of winning the title unless you’re a rich club. In theory if you have competent management any club should be able to win a title at some stage if they play their cards right (due to the salary cap). If we haven’t won a title it’s not because we were lacking. It’s because the people involved in making it happen didn’t do a good enough job.
Gee you are an argumentative merkin.

You are literally making the argument for why its about resources without even f**ken realising it!

lucablight

First Grade
How could you know?
Because the roster has demonstrated they can be competitive with the better teams.
Well you have to ask why they haven't been able to get a better manager. And maybe the clubs who are outperforming them have just been spending more money. Man City didn't turn their fortunes around by buying a new manager. They did it by being bought by a succession of rich foreigners with cash to burn.
There are alot of people out there who aren’t good at their jobs. Look at the LA Lakers who are one of the glamour teams in the NBA. If you have people in charge who make poor decisions then you’re going to have a bad time regardless of how many resources you have.

lucablight

First Grade
Gee you are an argumentative merkin.

You are literally making the argument for why its about resources without even f**ken realising it!
No I’m not. I’m not denying resources are necessary. I’m rejecting the assertion that our club doesn’t have the necessary resources to be challenging consistently for a title.

JokerEel

Coach
No I’m not. I’m not denying resources are necessary. I’m rejecting the assertion that our club doesn’t have the necessary resources to be challenging consistently for a title.

I agree we should have the resources available to be challenging or atleast building towards a premiership..

This window crap is just that crap. The storms window has been open for almost 20 years because they are a smart and well setup/resourced club.

If you want to hear the difference between clubs listen to the George Rose interview that's on SEN.

He mentions at Manly they would train do what they needed then spend the rest of the day with family or at beach.
When he was at Melbourne he would be there from 6 to 6 some days watching video and doing repeat. Plus at the gym they had a trainer per pair.
40 people in the front office.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It’s a legitimate argument. Maybe I have to wheel it out repeatedly if some people are a bit slow on the uptake.
Parramattta only won 3 games in 1995, including one win against the eventual premiers that year. They massively underperformed given what the showed in that one game. It should have been a premiership season.

lucablight

First Grade
Parramattta only won 3 games in 1995, including one win against the eventual premiers that year. They massively underperformed given what the showed in that one game. It should have been a premiership season.
That’s a bad analogy. This current Eels side didn’t fluke a one off win against a top side. They’ve consistently been competitive against the likes of Penrith, Melbourne and the Roosters for the last couple of seasons.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
That’s a bad analogy. This current Eels side didn’t fluke a one off win against a top side. They’ve consistently been competitive against the likes of Penrith, Melbourne and the Roosters for the last couple of seasons.
Have you even seen that game in 1995 merkin? Were you even born then?

Big Vince Fawcett got a double FFS! That was no f**ken fluke, that was pure Parramattitude!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
That was that weird period around Superleague where idiots foolishly thought that their team would become more marketable by disowning their own identity.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m talking about this season. I think we’ve put ourselves in positions to win before but couldn’t capitalise eg 2005-2007. Sometimes you weren’t good enough at the time. It doesn’t mean you couldn’t have done so.
Doesn't this also apply to Arthur's finals performances? Eight games is a very small sample in the grand scheme of things.

Latest posts