What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
Let's be honest.
Only 3 blokes tried to create the other night.
Dylbro 2nd half, Gutho 2nd half and Lane.
I reckon we just wipe that game clean and reset for the next 3.
We could still end up top 4, 5-8 or outside the 8 if we lose all 3.
Not JAs fault as he had plenty of terrible mates out there but he was not good either with his kicking game.
Dean Hawkins the souths back up was excellent. Goes to show if your forwards can dominate the halves job is made all that much easier...

Ja was terrible because he seemed to be the dominate half (first half) against south’s. He was solid against manly because he didn’t overplay his hand.

yy_cheng

Coach
Would you hide ja on the wing in defense when they are attacking in our 40.

1, he won't rush in coz he can't physically and his lateral defence won't be picked on when he is at half

The question is whether that was the game plan. Which I think it was.

And when it wasn't working should dyl have just stepped in or even guth to say, dyl take over

Or wait for the coaches call
Is it made trickier by the fact he's the coach's son? And I don't think the coach's plans should be abandoned just because they aren't working for 20 minutes or so. If the coach is s good then the plan is usually good and sticking with it will usually reap rewards. So I dunno. 😆

the phantom menace

First Grade
The question is whether that was the game plan. Which I think it was.

And when it wasn't working should dyl have just stepped in or even guth to say, dyl take over

Or wait for the coaches call
Agree - it simply must have been, if that's the way they played in the first half.

The players (including a 50 game youngster) simply just don't have the confidence (or authority?) to step away from the game plan and risk coach's displeasure after 10 mins even when it's so obviously not working - not without the coach's say so (via messages from the trainers).

And I hate to say it but... especially when to step away from the game plan after 10 mins would involve diminishing the intended role of the coach's son. (Which also may have clouded BA's judgement about how long to give that game plan before getting the message out to change it - which seemed to happen at half time.)

the phantom menace

First Grade
Surely they'd have KPIs so that it's easier to move him on after the 3rd year without a big payout if it doesn't work.

Gus is a master at moving on coaches (or players) when he think they aren't hitting the required mark... Ivan Cleary case in point.

yy_cheng

Coach
Is it made trickier by the fact he's the coach's son? And I don't think the coach's plans should be abandoned just because they aren't working for 20 minutes or so. If the coach is s good then the plan is usually good and sticking with it will usually reap rewards. So I dunno. 😆
YUp. So I think dyl and guth were right that they didn't take over. Coz that's most likely the coaches plan and he always says play the long game

The coach should've sent a message out if he wanted it to be changed. He obviously did at half time

The other thing, last week, he said the team stepped up to protect ja and so ja could play the backup role

This week, he gave more responsibility to ja but he stuffed up

Worst kept secret. Ciraldo to dogs..5 years
You got to give it to the Dogs. They get the business done. They have a Gen Manager that knows talent. They will be a top 6 side next year maybe even top 4. Then you have the morons running our club. No f**ken idea. Idiots thought they were in the movie money ball when they tried to screw over Papalli. Amateurs!

Dogs get their man while we keep our bald limp noodle coach, sigh!!

f**k it’s hard following this club.
But but but but he won the trial against the Panfers. But but but his son will be a superstar in 10 years time. But but but it’s now the players fault. But but but 🤣